Quantcast
Home Security (Service Provider or Self Manage) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Security (Service Provider or Self Manage)

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Monitored alarm vs not monitored make no differences any more.

As long as there is a siren to keep the guy's time in home as short as possible is all you can hope for.
    Motion activated lights, some form of noise maker and wireless app controlled indoor lights so you can spook them. Two way voice.

These are the things that have a chance of scaring people away. Anything else is for insurance or helping the robbers get caught after the fact.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The most I have caught so far is neighbors snooping my amazon packages sitting on my door step. WTF? Are you checking if it's yours or something? Get off my lawn and mind your own business haha. I wish I could have one pointed more at the road like you do, but I can't due to where our place is.
    Wyzecam paid itself off real quick
    (Watch both)

So naturally, I had to ....

This is the exact camera: https://www.amazon.ca/Wyze-Wireless-.../dp/B076H3SRXG
    Last edited by Kijho; 11-17-2018 at 08:38 PM.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Do any of you guys use those facial recognition google camera security thingy that links to your phones..?

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kijho View Post
    (Watch both)

So naturally, I had to ....

Are these battery operated? If so, how long is the life on them? Also, how much cloud storage do you get and does it go in loops or something or do you have to go and delete previous recordings to make room for new ones?

Very interested in getting something like this.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kijho View Post
    (Watch both)

That's awesome. I only wish I had a giant traffic circle to point my camera at What a dumbass, he didn't even slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by LUDELVR View Post
    Are these battery operated? If so, how long is the life on them? Also, how much cloud storage do you get and does it go in loops or something or do you have to go and delete previous recordings to make room for new ones?

Very interested in getting something like this.
    They are hardwired, they run off of any USB charger/plug for an old cell phone and also include one.

The way the storage works is it's free and unlimited for a rolling 2 weeks. The camera can take a 12 second clip a maximum of once every 5 minutes with the auto-triggering and unlimited free cloud service. For this you don't need any physical storage. If you want 24/7 recording you need to buy a micro SD card for like $10, and then it will still do the auto-triggering with cloud, but it will also save 24/7 footage locally which you can also browse with the super polished app.

You need about 8.5GB/day for 24/7 recording if you want to add a memory card, so a 32gb card (under $20) will give you about 4 days rolling footage.

They are way too good for $37. I think they are $19.99 in the USA which is just ridiculous. A Nest cam is $250 + $10/mo for comparison, and it's bigger.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-19-2018 at 12:08 PM.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

They are hardwired, they run off of any USB charger/plug for an old cell phone and also include one.

The way the storage works is it's free and unlimited for a rolling 2 weeks. The camera can take a 12 second clip a maximum of once every 5 minutes with the auto-triggering and unlimited free cloud service. For this you don't need any physical storage. If you want 24/7 recording you need to buy a micro SD card for like $10, and then it will still do the auto-triggering with cloud, but it will also save 24/7 footage locally which you can also browse with the super polished app.

You need about 8.5GB/day for 24/7 recording if you want to add a memory card, so a 32gb card (under $20) will give you about 4 days rolling footage.

They are way too good for $37. I think they are $19.99 in the USA which is just ridiculous. A Nest cam is $250 + $10/mo for comparison, and it's bigger.

Oh, I'm definitely sold after reading more about them. We are thinking about moving houses soon and this might be the next upgrade, especially considering that the house we are looking at now has a detached garage. I would want one inside and outside of the garage, that's for sure.

Cheers for the info man!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    TDi

Anyone else having issues with their Wyze? I have two running and both are sending me notifications, but live stream is not working. First time I've run into this issue.

Only difference is that I moved my router from the main floor to the basement, in order to plug in the ethernet cables that go around my house (tech noob; it worked, but now my wifi sucks for top floor?)

edit: founds this, https://forums.wyzecam.com/t/blinkin...-and-v2/7620/7
    Last edited by 403ep3; 11-19-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride

Also have the Wyze cams - a few of the pans, and a couple V2s looking over either yard. Highly recommend!
    @Kijho - I'm assuming yours is pointing out a window. Do you have issues at night with the reflection from the camera making it nearly impossible to see anything outside?

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Quote Originally Posted by klumsy_tumbler View Post
    @Kijho - I'm assuming yours is pointing out a window. Do you have issues at night with the reflection from the camera making it nearly impossible to see anything outside?
    I turned OFF the IR night vision for the window, or else it doesn't work (you just see white reflection of the IR) but the street lighting outside is new / LEDs and very well lit so it works great actually, no problems, can see quite good. Also have one on back window of house too where garage's are and they all have LED's above each house garage so it's very well lit at night time too! I posted a pic of a skunk getting in garbage at night a few weeks ago over in the Wyze thread! Here: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/407...54#post4750654

Quote Originally Posted by 403ep3 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with their Wyze? I have two running and both are sending me notifications, but live stream is not working. First time I've run into this issue.

Only difference is that I moved my router from the main floor to the basement, in order to plug in the ethernet cables that go around my house (tech noob; it worked, but now my wifi sucks for top floor?)

edit: founds this, https://forums.wyzecam.com/t/blinkin...-and-v2/7620/7
    Yeah one of my 2 cams is giving me the error outside the house but not if I'm on my network. It's a problem on the Wyze side - they are aware of the issue but looks like you already found their explanation. I still get the notifications and clips though.

EDIT: Mine works now - they fixed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klumsy_tumbler View Post
    Also have the Wyze cams - a few of the pans, and a couple V2s looking over either yard. Highly recommend!
    You need to lock it into daytime mode if you have it behind a window.

The #1 most annoying thing with ALL security cameras is they are difficult to hard-wire and install outdoors (not to mention easy to disable/vandalize), so you have to abandon the IR night vision if you are using it through a window. You can buy solar LED lights for outside for very cheap, might be worth it to get your camera some more light.

It does surprisingly well in very low light without the IR LED's but it can't perform miracles. The IR reflection thing is a common issue with all of these security cameras.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-19-2018 at 03:10 PM.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I use self monitored cameras with motion detection. I have a large loud dog. I deployed motion detection lights in the back yard and I added extra locking devises to my points of entry.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I’ll be getting a couple of the Wyze and was curious what guys were doing for outdoors? Just install inside rather then fight a hardwiring solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    I’ll be getting a couple of the Wyze and was curious what guys were doing for outdoors? Just install inside rather then fight a hardwiring solution?
    There is an outdoor housing available for them and they are working on a dedicated outdoor camera.

Easiest is to just use them inside unless you want to drill a hole through your wall.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

I'm just reading some more info on the Wyze and has anyone installed this thing outdoors? It says it's good until -20 but living in Calgary...

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Wyze Cam's are now $45 on Amazon - not sure what's up with that. They were $37 forever. Hopefully just temporary but still a good deal.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by LUDELVR View Post
    I'm just reading some more info on the Wyze and has anyone installed this thing outdoors? It says it's good until -20 but living in Calgary...
    I'm about to find out. I have mostly high quality wired POE Hikvision cams, some cheap $20.00 Top 201 wired cams. I have 1 remaining Trendnet wireles cam on my covered deck, where I just can't get a cat 6 cable to without more work than I want to do, and it drops out at about -12
    I just received 2 Wyze cams today (not bad since I ordered them yesterday, go Prime!) and as soon as I replace the firmware with non-cloud local access, RTSP firmware I'll put one out on the deck and see how it does in the cold.

- - - Updated - - -

Wyze Cam's are now $45 on Amazon - not sure what's up with that. They were $37 forever. Hopefully just temporary but still a good deal.
    I just got 2 at $37 with next day delivery. $37 is ok, 45 is getting a bit much for what they are.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just a note, when i disconnected my ADT last year and I told insurrance i was able to retain a chunk of the saving by keeping the system installed. They removed the extra saving for it being monitored but they apparently value just having the system?

So if you setup a good self monitored system feel free to let them know.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Trucks

Don’t worry, they will have an awesome sale price of $37 for the holidays. Just buy them direct from Wyze.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post

I just got 2 at $37 with next day delivery. $37 is ok, 45 is getting a bit much for what they are.
    What other cameras have you found for a similar price with the same quality and features? The only one I know of is the Nest Cam and it’s $250 + $10/mo if you want cloud storage. Even at $100 I feel like the Wyze would be a bargain if for no other reason than the competition is all so overpriced.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast