Quantcast
Black Friday 2018 - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2018

Amazon has a second courier company called Dynamex which sucks compared to Intelcom.

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazon has a second courier company called Dynamex which sucks compared to Intelcom.
    Been great for me so far, over approximately ~10 deliveries though so not a huge sample size. I had something with 1-day shipping delivered to me today from them on time as well.

Intelcom is normally very good too but apparently they got overwhelmed over Black Friday and with the CP strike - still waiting form my Sunday delivery. It's in Calgary so I might just go get it myself at the Airport.

^^ Intelcom sends me emails when it's out for delivery and minutes after it's delivered.

Amazon told me my Switch was coming on Sunday, Dynamex dropped it on my door Saturday 5:55pm with no notification and I didn't realize until Sunday afternoon.
    Dynamex said my item was out for delivery yesterday, and at 9pm Amazon says :"Sorry your package is late, contact us if it doesn't arrive by Friday"

^^ Intelcom sends me emails when it's out for delivery and minutes after it's delivered.

Amazon told me my Switch was coming on Sunday, Dynamex dropped it on my door Saturday 5:55pm with no notification and I didn't realize until Sunday afternoon.
    Dynamex said my item was out for delivery yesterday, and at 9pm Amazon says :"Sorry your package is late, contact us if it doesn't arrive by Friday"
    True, they do send the (very rough) 3hr window and delivery notices which can be nice. I get 90% of my orders shipped to my office so I don't need to know when it arrives because there is always someone there to receive it. If you're waiting around at home or something to receive it, the window is nice.

My biggest issue with Intelcom is similar to your story, they often deliver too early. It'll say Monday, and come Sunday to my office so nobody is there then it takes 2 days to reschedule. Or it'll say Thursday then come Wednesday at 9PM when nobody is around. It's great that they're early and all, but when I specifically choose a delivery location based on expected delivery date (either my house or office) it can sometimes cause significant delays when it's early. What I've started to do is order to my house if it's going to be a Monday delivery, because when it inevitably arrives Sunday I'll probably be around.

If your guaranteed delivery date is missed though, even by one day, just start a chat with Amazon and they will give you at the very least a free month Prime extension - that is my experience anyway.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    True, they do send the (very rough) 3hr window and delivery notices which can be nice. I get 90% of my orders shipped to my office so I don't need to know when it arrives because there is always someone there to receive it. If you're waiting around at home or something to receive it, the window is nice.

My biggest issue with Intelcom is similar to your story, they often deliver too early. It'll say Monday, and come Sunday to my office so nobody is there then it takes 2 days to reschedule. Or it'll say Thursday then come Wednesday at 9PM when nobody is around. It's great that they're early and all, but when I specifically choose a delivery location based on expected delivery date (either my house or office) it can sometimes cause significant delays when it's early. What I've started to do is order to my house if it's going to be a Monday delivery, because when it inevitably arrives Sunday I'll probably be around.

If your guaranteed delivery date is missed though, even by one day, just start a chat with Amazon and they will give you at the very least a free month Prime extension - that is my experience anyway.
    I always get things shipped to the office too. Often times it goes out for delivery around 4PM and is too late in the queue to be delivered before business hours.

I wish there was a way to put a note about delivery hours, or send a message to the delivery person not to bother trying to deliver after a certain time.

Two days in a row I had Intelcom try to deliver after hours. No call from the delivery driver either. Wouldn't have minded saving them the hassle rather than making the attempt, assuming they did.

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    I always get things shipped to the office too. Often times it goes out for delivery around 4PM and is too late in the queue to be delivered before business hours.

I wish there was a way to put a note about delivery hours, or send a message to the delivery person not to bother trying to deliver after a certain time.

Two days in a row I had Intelcom try to deliver after hours. No call from the delivery driver either. Wouldn't have minded saving them the hassle rather than making the attempt, assuming they did.
    The Intelcom call center is surprisingly helpful, despite sometimes long wait times in queue to talk to a rep (I just leave it on speaker and wait). For my late package (the one I got refunded), it is finally out for delivery today and the rep called the driver on her break and called me back with an update - I was very impressed. Pretty sure their call center is in Montreal.

They also have the ability to put your order in the 'morning' delivery if you call them before the next business day, if you are willing to accept a 1-day delay.

Usually they are good, but I get an after hours delivery every now and then too. If it's close to a weekend I always ship to my home instead.

If you ever need to go to their warehouse, they don't publish the address but it's #23, 112 Freeport Crescent NE (giant warehouse by the airport). I've been to it once before when a massive snowstorm hit between BC and AB and everything was backlogged, they were super helpful there even though you're not supposed to show up without having first called the call center to arrange a personal pick up.

My Ride
    Exploded.

There was a massive J Crew sale and got cashmere gloves for $13CAD.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    There was a massive J Crew sale and got cashmere gloves for $13CAD.
    Every time I am in that store, about half their items are 40-70% off with additional 20-30% off clearance items. I have got some ridiculous deals there as well but sometimes it's slim pickings unless you're XXXL haha. I have lots of $10 shirts and $20 merino wool sweaters from them and it's pretty decent stuff. Makes you wonder who is paying full price for anything

I’m surprised they closed their Chinook location though, I thought if anything they keep that and close down Market Mall instead ( unless that one’s gone too, I haven’t been to that mall in years.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Remember when everyone used to complain about Intelcom? Man they've gotten so much better. Dynamex sucks serious balls by comparison. Somehow they managed to lose my package between Airdrie and my place and it's never been found. I could have went and picked it up myself! Idiots.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Intelcom in Edmonton still sucks ass.

Had a part being delivered that I really, REALLY needed that evening.

Email - Out for delivery, 3 hour window

Cool, stay at work late and dink around on computer waiting for it to show.

Email - Delivery attempted at 630pm. Message - Did not look like anyone was around, did not want to leave package.

First, they always leave the fucking package. Second, they didnt knock or ring the very clearly marked bell button for stupid delivery drivers. I don't think they even showed.

THEN, they claimed to come by again 45 minutes AFTER I left?! The FUCK??

Complained to Amazon, asked why I pay prime and don't get the service I pay for. Credit of free next day delivery fee ($6.99). Fuck made me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Intelcom in Edmonton still sucks ass.

Had a part being delivered that I really, REALLY needed that evening.

Email - Out for delivery, 3 hour window

Cool, stay at work late and dink around on computer waiting for it to show.

Email - Delivery attempted at 630pm. Message - Did not look like anyone was around, did not want to leave package.

First, they always leave the fucking package. Second, they didnt knock or ring the very clearly marked bell button for stupid delivery drivers. I don't think they even showed.

THEN, they claimed to come by again 45 minutes AFTER I left?! The FUCK??

Complained to Amazon, asked why I pay prime and don't get the service I pay for. Credit of free next day delivery fee ($6.99). Fuck made me mad.
    With 4 deliveries thus far I've never had a single complaint about them. Maybe the worst is yet to come? For now they are the best delivery company I've dealt with.

I wonder what sort of money is in this delivery business? Amazon has been begging people to start delivery companies to handle their shit. All a guy needs is a few minivans and people to drive them, and some sort of industrial warehouse I imagine. Doesn't seem like startup costs would be anything astronomical.

Been getting a bunch of Amazon packages from Intelcom, they don't even bother to knock or ring and just leave it at my front door. But atleast I receive an email when they are within 3 hours of delivery and when they've delivered the package.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

I wonder what sort of money is in this delivery business?
    Same as any. All the delivery drivers, as far as I can tell, operate on a casual/uber like system. They aren't properly insured and are contractors.

So you can make big money as the owner or higher up in the company. But you need capital to have a warehouse, sorting staff, and trucks to pick up the big shipments from Amazon's sorting center.

And then your livelihood is based off of one company that you contract to. I would never invest, especially as Amazon has a bad habit of getting other people to do the heavy lifting until something has become very mainstream/expected/convienient and then opens their own version.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If the money was good and the risk was low, Amazon would do it themselves. They have very good systems for understanding risks and where to invest.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    something green

A US diesel performance diesel tuner took pity on me with our Canadian Peso. They gave me a Black Wednesday deal on a new performance turbo upgrade and manifold for my cummins diesel. Excited to get it on the truck, even though its just my work truck.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

What turbo did you get? My lil guy on the left arrived today for the Subaru. Middle is for the Mustang. Right is for... a future project. The supercharged M5 is sweet but I keep getting my ass dragged by big turbo cars, wanna build something with real power.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:04 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I'm wanting to get a couple of new toys this season:

New 24"-27" monitor for light gaming + browsing. Want to keep it below $200.

New 65" to 75" TV for the living room for Netflix and some sports.

Any suggestions? I was away during Black Friday so my next chance should be on boxing day/week.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I'll sell ya my Samsung 2253BW 22" monitor for 50 bucks

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast