Quantcast
Need some vacay help - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Need some vacay help

I went to Barcelo Maya Grand Resort in Riviera Maya, they have a dolphin area but its pretty small.
    The price was reasonable and I went in Feb it was $2800 for 2 people 7 days, quite good food and area. You can feed/snorkle with turtles in the morning just off the beaches.
    Inside the resort was safe, lots of pools and places to eat

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he was referring to an accident I had about 10 years ago where I fell off a 3rd storey balcony flat on my face and just about died. I know a couple people on here have heard it.
    Oh gotcha. There was an accident in Mexico a few years ago where someone "fell" off their balcony and died. Figured that's what it was about. And apparently it is not the only time, I just found these when I searched for it. I don't know how these people function in day to day life? Not like a balcony in Mexico is any different than one at your house or a hotel here.

http://www.newser.com/story/247419/t...m-balcony.html

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...-fell-14270422

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...39805-157.html

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Gf and I are not big drinkers and don't eat bkfast. Is there anyway we can configure a flight+hotel to just have meals and pay as you go drinks? Looking at Mexico and Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Gf and I are not big drinkers and don't eat bkfast. Is there anyway we can configure a flight+hotel to just have meals and pay as you go drinks? Looking at Mexico and Jamaica.
    It'll still be cheaper to do all inclusive. But you can find European plan hotels in Cabo and I imagine a few other places as well, but specifically I have stayed at Pueblo Benito in Cabo, they have small kitchenettes in the rooms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    As long as you're not worried about your spouse pushing you over then you should be just fine around balconies. And freak accidents happen everywhere, so if one gas leak in umpteen decades that didn't kill anyone worries you, you probably shouldn't leave your house. ever.

I was actually at GSP like a couple weeks after that explosion. Got a smoking deal on it last minute after all the bad press, checked Tripadvisor and everyone was saying it was A-ok. Showed up and they didn't lie. Couldn't even tell where this explosion took place. Had a great time and actually went back again a couple years later.

I stayed in the upgraded bungalows at the grand sunset princess a week before the big explosion. It was a great resort but quit large. We were drunk as hell and kept slipping on all the marble that's everywhere.

At one point my wife needed her puffer that she left at the pool. I left to go get it and got locked out. All the banging on the doors didnt work so I tried climbing in via the balcony but slipped into the lagoon in front of the bungalows. It was gross green sludge ugh!! LOL. Turned out our balcony was locked.

I had to get a house keeper to open my door. Found my wife hugging the toilet bowl passed out when I finally got in. Wtf.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3