Quantcast
Petition against Bill C-69 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Petition against Bill C-69

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does meaningful inclusion mean? I though the biggest problem with the process is that no one knows what is definitely required. Also, the government won't make the law clear in order to move forward.
    I just had this discussion with somebody yesterday. I was continually accused of hyperbole. It is very clear based on their campaign that Liberals want to shutdown the oil industry. And C-69 is just another nail in the coffin. Our process is already hard enough to get projects approved when you have the Senate over stepping their boundaries and killing things, now they want to enact a bill that doubles down on nonsense like First Nation Consultations, with no descriptions of exactly what is required and purposely left vague so it can be up to the Senate interpretation and everything gets shut down for fear of being sued by these indigenous groups.
    Last edited by Misterman; 11-22-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    What does meaningful inclusion mean? I though the biggest problem with the process is that no one knows what is definitely required. Also, the government won't make the law clear in order to move forward.
    Theirs nothing unclear. Treaty and constitution are 100% clear. The problem is the dirty oil industry is lying and trying to muddy the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Theirs nothing unclear. Treaty and constitution are 100% clear. The problem is the dirty oil industry is lying and trying to muddy the water.
    There is maybe?

Oh of course. Treaties are so clear that native bands continually try and sue the government by claiming it ISN'T clear, and their ancestors thought it meant otherwise.

If the lawyers and judges employed by the Government can't make sense of it due to it's lack of clarity, I'd love to know how you seem to be able to interpret it as 100% clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    There is maybe?

Oh of course. Treaties are so clear that native bands continually try and sue the government by claiming it ISN'T clear, and their ancestors thought it meant otherwise.

If the lawyers and judges employed by the Government can't make sense of it due to it's lack of clarity, I'd love to know how you seem to be able to interpret it as 100% clear?
    If you don't understand, your part of the problem.

If you don't understand, you're(seriously how fucking hard is it for people to learn the difference between you're and your) part of the problem.
    Guess it's not so clear to you afterall hey? Perhaps doing some actual research into the subjects at hand instead of regurgitating what left wing pundits tell you, would allow you to communicate your opinions more effectively. My mind is wide open to change on any subject if I am presented with or find any legitimate scientific evidence or facts that support it. At present you have presented nothing of substance or factual value in any thread that I have seen thus far. Without supporting your biased opinions, you're the equivalent of a toddler throwing a temper tantrum because mommy said no.

Guess it's not so clear to you afterall hey? Perhaps doing some actual research into the subjects at hand instead of regurgitating what left wing pundits tell you, would allow you to communicate your opinions more effectively. My mind is wide open to change on any subject if I am presented with or find any legitimate scientific evidence or facts that support it. At present you have presented nothing of substance or factual value in any thread that I have seen thus far. Without supporting your biased opinions, you're the equivalent of a toddler throwing a temper tantrum because mommy said no.
    It's obvious your a few cards short of a deck, but the way laws work in this country is unfortunate. With enough money, politics or influence you can violate contracts, treaty or constitution and then its time consuming and complicated and costly to sue, then proceed through the legal system, locally, then moves provincial, then someday supreme court where these things would lose because they violate treaty and constitution.

So that's why the oil loby is as success as it is. They can knowingly violate rights because they are hard to challenge.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I'm so sick of hearing nonsense from the native bands, all they ever really want is money. They don't care about preserving their traditional way of life, whatever the hell that means anymore. We've payed out enough over the history of Canada and we got suckered into treaties and acts. I'd vote for anyone that has the balls to finally rip apart those antiquated treaties and start treating the first nations like any other Canadian. The handouts stop now.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I'm so sick of hearing nonsense from the native bands, all they ever really want is money. They don't care about preserving their traditional way of life, whatever the hell that means anymore. We've payed out enough over the history of Canada and we got suckered into treaties and acts. I'd vote for anyone that has the balls to finally rip apart those antiquated treaties and start treating the first nations like any other Canadian. The handouts stop now.
    There's probably a lot of people that would vote that way. Wouldn't matter though, because all the 21 year old white girls would get offended on behalf of the natives and start a witch hunt to rip apart that politician/party.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post

I'm sick of the lies they use in their reasoning when they decide to protest or sue. They act on a moral high ground as if they were some sort of pillar of respect to nature. Meanwhile they drove the buffalo near extinction by running them off cliffs in droves so they could grab a bit of meat for supper. And all this nonsense about it being their land because they were here first. No you weren't here first, and we aren't about to go tracing blood lines to pay reparations to the original Asian settlers you stole the land from before Europeans came here. And do we even need to discuss the fact that indigenous people in Canada would be virtually extinct themselves if not for technology they benefited from when Europeans showed up? If a group of people had not invented any form of medicine whatsoever, they would be wiped out by the first flu or plague that mutated into existence.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I'm sick of the lies they use in their reasoning when they decide to protest or sue. They act on a moral high ground as if they were some sort of pillar of respect to nature.
    I got in an argument with Chris Hadfield's son (the Canadian astronaut) on a video he posted on his youtube channel about how we whities are guilty of europeans coming over here in the 1800's and completely wiping out the natives on Newfoundland, and therefore we must atone for the sins of people from 200 years ago.

That was interesting.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    and therefore we must atone for the sins of people from 200 years ago.
    Meaning, we must give them a sum of money because that will somehow make their lives better living in dilapidated reserves in the middle of nowhere.

I got in an argument with Chris Hadfield's son (the Canadian astronaut) on a video he posted on his youtube channel about how we whities are guilty of europeans coming over here in the 1800's and completely wiping out the natives on Newfoundland, and therefore we must atone for the sins of people from 200 years ago.

That was interesting.
    Bit of a paradox. If we wiped them out, there'd be nobody to pay today.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Bit of a paradox. If we wiped them out, there'd be nobody to pay today.
    Well, in the USA, apparently being 1/1024th mexican qualifies you as native. I don't have a BA in Indigenous Studies though, so my opinion on this matter is irrelevant /sarcasm.

Well, in the USA, apparently being 1/1024th mexican qualifies you as native. I don't have a BA in Indigenous Studies though, so my opinion on this matter is irrelevant /sarcasm.
    your opinion is not irelevent becasue you can turn your kids into racists and still vote.

however, your opinion is worng and worhtless and a ba would help you greatly to see things correctly.

I'm sick of the lies they use in their reasoning when they decide to protest or sue. They act on a moral high ground as if they were some sort of pillar of respect to nature. Meanwhile they drove the buffalo near extinction by running them off cliffs in droves so they could grab a bit of meat for supper. And all this nonsense about it being their land because they were here first. No you weren't here first, and we aren't about to go tracing blood lines to pay reparations to the original Asian settlers you stole the land from before Europeans came here. And do we even need to discuss the fact that indigenous people in Canada would be virtually extinct themselves if not for technology they benefited from when Europeans showed up? If a group of people had not invented any form of medicine whatsoever, they would be wiped out by the first flu or plague that mutated into existence.
    Fucking natives and their unsustainable hunting practices
    Name:  buffalo-slaughter.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  130.5 KB

another lie. they did not hunt it to extinctions. we did. and again, with our guns, and for their hide and fur.

From national geogrpacic (let me translate for you). Settlers are white people. Native Americans are natives.

"Bison once covered the Great Plains and much of North America, and were critically important to Plains Indian societies. During the 19th century, settlers killed some 50 million bison for food, sport, and to deprive Native Americans of their most important natural asset. The once enormous herds were reduced to only a few hundred animals. Today, bison numbers have rebounded somewhat, and about 200,000 bison live on preserves and ranches where they are raised for their meat."
    Last edited by Gestalt; 11-23-2018 at 05:08 PM.

another lie. they did not hunt it to extinctions. we did. and again, with our guns, and for their hide and fur.

From national geogrpacic (let me translate for you). Settlers are white people. Native Americans are natives.

"Bison once covered the Great Plains and much of North America, and were critically important to Plains Indian societies. During the 19th century, settlers killed some 50 million bison for food, sport, and to deprive Native Americans of their most important natural asset. The once enormous herds were reduced to only a few hundred animals. Today, bison numbers have rebounded somewhat, and about 200,000 bison live on preserves and ranches where they are raised for their meat."
    Thank you for the quote from the factless propaganda machine. I now know the error of my ways.

I guess ol Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump down in Lethbridge is just a racist named cliff that white people made up to vilify Indians and has no historical reference whatsoever.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

wow.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2