Quantcast
Traveling to UK with criminal record - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Traveling to UK with criminal record

Alright I'm fuckin stoked! Booked a flight and hotel, and got a ticket to the show. Direct flights to Gatwick, return, $928. Found a hotel on hotels.com for $440 Canadian for 4 nights! Now it's just the train to and from the airport and whatever other incidentals! Gonna call my insurance broker tomorrow too. That seems to make sense.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Have fun buddy

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Just regarding flights - spend the extra couple of hun and get premium eco - if you get squirrelly in a tube quick (like I do).

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alright I'm fuckin stoked! Booked a flight and hotel, and got a ticket to the show. Direct flights to Gatwick, return, $928. Found a hotel on hotels.com for $440 Canadian for 4 nights! Now it's just the train to and from the airport and whatever other incidentals! Gonna call my insurance broker tomorrow too. That seems to make sense.
    Mega jealous bud! glad you are making this happen! Don't forget to report back, and maybe even post a few pics!

Couple things I found fun when I did my first trip abroad, find and document strange things / habits, like be on the lookout for it. When you actively seek these things, you find so many cool things you just wouldn't see or experience in north america, and made my trips that much more fun.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Axis powers

So I can't bring my own protein bars?
    I've brought protein powder in a container before, that was to Mexico but I can't imagine it would be too much different. The powder was even in a smaller container that used to hold something else, no issues when I asked the border agent about it
    Sig nuked by mod.

Jedi Mind Tricks! Vinnie Paz plays Calgary pretty frequently but seeing in London should be a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Jedi Mind Tricks! Vinnie Paz plays Calgary pretty frequently but seeing in London should be a great experience.
    I seen him here last year. Unreal. My brother also pointed out that Face To Face are playing on Dec. 3rd a 40 minute train ride away so looks like it's 2 concerts back to back now!

My Ride
    Z

JMT would be an unbelievable show
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    JMT would be an unbelievable show
    Oh it was unbelievable here last year... I can only imagine what London is gonna be like!

But hey, if anybody can chime in that would be awesome and much appreciated. I bought a travel adapter so I can charge my iPhone, but it says specifically in the manual that it DOES NOT convert voltage... do I run the risk of damaging my phone?

Oh it was unbelievable here last year... I can only imagine what London is gonna be like!

But hey, if anybody can chime in that would be awesome and much appreciated. I bought a travel adapter so I can charge my iPhone, but it says specifically in the manual that it DOES NOT convert voltage... do I run the risk of damaging my phone?
    Nope, the phone adapter (white brick) will handle it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Nope, the phone adapter (white brick) will handle it just fine.
    Thank you! This is what I bought tho, I'm planning on plugging my white iPhone block into it.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/trave...pter/p/2735000

Thank you! This is what I bought tho, I'm planning on plugging my white iPhone block into it.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/trave...pter/p/2735000
    That will work just fine with the white iPhone power adapter. You’re good mate

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    That will work just fine with the white iPhone power adapter. You’re good mate
    Sweet! Thanks man. I'm stoked about this whole thing!

Good for you Heavyfuel, sounds like a good first trip out of the country for the first time. I go to the UK every 2nd or 3rd year to see family and friends and some former co workers who live there. I hope you spend a couple extra days there if you can to see some of the fantastic historical sites in London alone, you truly need to check out a few of the "big ticket item" type locations.

One other thing about traveling - your phone/computer, surprised nobody brought this up yet, but it's possible that either customs in the UK (not all that likely), or Canada/CBSA/tards (more likely) may ask to dig into your phone. I'm assuming you use only an iPhone as per the last post - ask Rage2 if you don't know how to do it, but you can easily wipe your phone and upload your profile (I don't use Apple so I'm a noob describing this), so even with your password they won't be able to snoop through your shit. You can then just re download your profile/data once through customs, and hurrah, no customs/LE will have been able to snoop through your phone, download all the contents, whatever.

Sweet! Thanks man. I'm stoked about this whole thing!
    I’m a bit jealous to be honest...I love London. Have a great trip

Oh one word of advice - and not sure if they are still doing it - but do not play the ball game with the Romanian hustlers on Westminster bridge. Pure scam lol

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Face to Face? Deadly!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Good for you Heavyfuel, sounds like a good first trip out of the country for the first time. I go to the UK every 2nd or 3rd year to see family and friends and some former co workers who live there. I hope you spend a couple extra days there if you can to see some of the fantastic historical sites in London alone, you truly need to check out a few of the "big ticket item" type locations.

One other thing about traveling - your phone/computer, surprised nobody brought this up yet, but it's possible that either customs in the UK (not all that likely), or Canada/CBSA/tards (more likely) may ask to dig into your phone. I'm assuming you use only an iPhone as per the last post - ask Rage2 if you don't know how to do it, but you can easily wipe your phone and upload your profile (I don't use Apple so I'm a noob describing this), so even with your password they won't be able to snoop through your shit. You can then just re download your profile/data once through customs, and hurrah, no customs/LE will have been able to snoop through your phone, download all the contents, whatever.
    Thanks, and yeah I deleted almost 800 pics last night and some text convos... I'm aware but not too worried.

Update: Time to go home! The concerts I came here for were both unreal, and I met some amazing people and had tons of fun at both of them.

Aside from that, I’d need a very good God damned reason to ever go back to that literally and physically disgusting Liberal dump. I know that the common denominator is me but still, I’ve seen more “same shit different backdrop” than I care to spend 9 hours on a plane for. Over and out.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 12-05-2018 at 04:45 AM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Update: Time to go home! The concerts I came here for were both unreal, and I met some amazing people and had tons of fun at both of them.

Aside from that, I’d need a very good God damned reason to ever go back to that literally and physically disgusting Liberal dump. I know that the common denominator is me but still, I’ve seen more “same shit different backdrop” than I care to spend 9 hours on a plane for. Over and out.
    hahaha wow first description of London I've heard like that. Good that you enjoyed the concerts though and had no issues!
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Heavy is what he is and he's comfortable with that. I admire that self awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast