Quantcast
Physiotherapist recommendations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Physiotherapist recommendations

My Ride
    Blue boy

Default Physiotherapist recommendations

I am looking for a physiotherapist who knows how to treat elbows. Have acquired "golfers elbow" which doesn't seem to want to go away. Any recommendations for someone who works evenings/weekends?

My Ride
    V8s

Julie at THE Downtown Sports clinics (Barclay Centre). She's a golfer and has worked with golfers/tennis players for decades. I've gone to her for golf related issues and she's been fantastic.

That being said, I'm not sure if she works evenings or weekends.

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Highly recommend Active Sports Therapy, they help me with a few sports related injuries. http://www.activesportstherapy.ca/

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

What kind of physio do you want? IMS is probably going to be the only thing that'll get you relief from golfers elbow combined with some rotational exercises.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What kind of physio do you want? IMS is probably going to be the only thing that'll get you relief from golfers elbow combined with some rotational exercises.
    What is IMS? Looking for someone to treat it and show me some strengthening exercises to prevent recurrence

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    What is IMS? Looking for someone to treat it and show me some strengthening exercises to prevent recurrence
    This is basically exactly what I got from my recommended place. Worked like a charm.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This is basically exactly what I got from my recommended place. Worked like a charm.

I looked them up, only open Mon-Fri till 630

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    It's intramuscular stimulation. It's basically like acupuncture that works at targeting the muscles and tight bands which is usually the cause of the pain.

I've been through about 20 different physiotherapists over the years and I've found the guys at Innovative Sports Medicine in Glenmore Landing and Lifemark @ Gulf Square are the best in the business here in Calgary.

Take a look at the lifemark reviews if you don't trust me - 5.0/5, Sebastian is very good at what he does.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

IMS is very good to get you back to moving freely. It's not a fun experience, but it's fixed me up many times. There's always stretches or strengthening exercises to do later to prevent reoccurrence. Don't skip those.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey, I guess the Physio I was seeing previously has moved out of the country, so I'm looking for a new one. Prefer someone in the north-central area, who does IMS (dry needling). I've got a few recurring issues, and generally need to some someone a few times a year.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I just want to warn against the dry needling. I’ve heard it works for a lot, but it did not for me.

I believe it was an operator error and a nerve was struck. I went for low back treatment and the glutes needling went fine, once we were into the errectors she used the same style needle as the glute (long one) and went in funny. She kept tapping it deeper and deeper and didn’t allow the spasm to end before going deeper. Then on one tap she struck something and Fuck was it insane pain. I went into an immediate sweat and she had to remove the needle instantly.

She said I’ll be sore for a day, I wasn’t right for a week. I know the difference between muscle pain and something else. That was something else. These practitioners aren’t use flouroscopic aids, they’re free handing. Just be wary.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I really like Myo Lab down in Kensington. Their whole clinic is focused around sport injury recovery and athlete development so for injuries like this they might be a good place to check out. For the casual white collar weekend warrior I check out Evolve Chiropractic because they are close to me.

I stopped getting dry needling though because although it did help my neck I couldn't handle the pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

If you are looking for IMS, Stephen in Crowfoot physio has done IMS treatments on me in the past for an auto accident. If you are close I would definitely recommend him

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey, I guess the Physio I was seeing previously has moved out of the country, so I'm looking for a new one. Prefer someone in the north-central area, who does IMS (dry needling). I've got a few recurring issues, and generally need to some someone a few times a year.
    More reccomendations? Somewhere with free parking north of the river and south of Beddington?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ended up trying out Radiant Physiotherapy/ up in Macewan. Because of some staff holidays I have been seen by two physios, Anand and Chelsea and both were good. Direct billing to my wife's benefits, efficient front desk staff, ample free parking and it's a 12 minute drive from my house. I'm fully satisfied.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You smart guys, is there a difference between a physiotherapist and a physical therapist? Place near my new work advertises physical therapists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I've been through about 20 different physiotherapists over the years and I've found the guys at Innovative Sports Medicine in Glenmore Landing and Lifemark @ Gulf Square are the best in the business here in Calgary.

Take a look at the lifemark reviews if you don't trust me - 5.0/5, Sebastian is very good at what he does.
    Still like Lifemark? I need someone downtown or beltline.

You smart guys, is there a difference between a physiotherapist and a physical therapist? Place near my new work advertises physical therapists.
    In Canada they are interchangeable. Physical Therapy is more of a US based term.

My recommendation is Calgary Core Physio (in the Plains building on 8th ave) but I know that might not satisfy your location preferences. Phenomenal service though, and they are with you for the ENTIRE time unlike every other PT place I have been to where you get 2 minutes of their time for the same price and then check on you at the end. They even fast tracked me into see a surgeon and got me 75% off a $1600 knee brace. Can't say enough good about them. I saw Alex specifically there but the reviews are near perfect so I'm sure they're all good.

I'll also add I got an MRI after my injury was diagnosed and he ended up being 100% right about everything - that impressed me.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-26-2019 at 11:19 AM.