Quantcast
Puerto Vallarta resorts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Puerto Vallarta resorts

Question Puerto Vallarta resorts

Hey guys, wife and I are booking a little trip for end of Jan - start of Feb. Heard good things about PV and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a AI resort? We just about pulled the trigger last night on a black Friday sale to Hacienta Hilton for 7 nights all inclusive at $2700, but after reading some reviews it seems maybe we should look elsewhere. It shows as a 5star but fairly mixed reviews on trip advisor. Obviously opinions gonna vary big on this, but we have never been to PV so any help is great! Would like somewhere I can snorkel off shore, good choice of dining in the resort and something close to town for a day trip. Plan on a few excursions like the UTV offroad one, scuba diving and maybe one other. Staying 5-7 nights is ideal.

TIA

My Ride
    Lariat

I stayed at the Riu Jalisco just north of PV a few years back with the wife. Amazing spot, big resort with everything we needed. Good food, beach, pools etc. I would definitely stay there again.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Ram

stayed at the hard rock and it was amazing. food was great too

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Any particular reason for not getting a condo for the two of you? Price will end up very similar and PV has some excellent restaurants..that are also very well priced.

My suggestion would be around the Peninsula/Icon/Venetian area, or Romantico/Downtown area. If you want quieter, check out Bucerias or Punta Mita.

For the most part snorkeling will only be done on day excursions (Los Arcos, surrounding area) and there are tons of day trips in the area. IMO the best are surfing (Sayulita) zip line and Jungle tours. The atv/go kart tour was ok, but the condition of the atv/gokarts was iffy. They were barely staying together and one of our groups brakes cut out on the highway.

Are you looking for something massive with a lot of partying or more something low key and relaxing? If low-key/relaxing, i would highly recommend Sunset Plaza. We booked it based on a recommendation from another beyonder.

Every room has a balcony with an ocean view, AI, super close to airport and downtown, great food. But if you're looking for a more a party atmosphere i wouldn't recommend it since it's a smaller resort. Should have great reviews on TripAdvisor too so check it out. We booked the cheaper room, but upgraded while we were there which worked out cheaper in the end. Upgraded room gives you a kitchenette, bigger balcony, jacuzzi.

My Ride
    This and that.

Few years ago when we went we stayed at one of the RIU properties. I understand there are 3 side-by-side that go up in price. If you stay at top one you get access to other two, middle one gives access to the last and last one is on its own. We had access to all three and while we didn’t even really use the other two that much it was fun to walk down to on the beach and grab a drink at their bars and chill there.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Hyatt Ziva, best resort in my opinion. Riu Palace is what WILSUU2 is referring to and it's nice, but nothing has beat the Ziva for me. Ziva is located on a private beach in Conchos Chinas which is the nicest area in PV in my opinion.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Rev..._Vallarta.html

Thanks for the suggestions, the Ziva looks really nice, reviews are great. Sunset also is highly recommended. Will be looking into these, cheers!

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Listen to this gut. He knows what's up. Information is bang on. Vallarta Adventures has the best zipline in the area.

https://www.vallarta-adventures.com/...line-adventure

if you are ok not being AI, then this place is great:

https://www.vidanta.com/web/nuevo-vallarta/grand-luxxe
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Check out Now Amber, I just came back from there and its very nice. Every room is a ocean view

My Ride
    2015 JGC SRT, 2011 Audi S5, MB CLS, 2015 HD RGS

Vidanta is a really nice place. 1800 acres, 27 pools and close to marina with excellent restaurants. Stayed there last year and in a Vidanta last week in Cabo. They are timeshare resorts with amazing amenities. You can find some good deals on vrbo.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I stayed at the Riu Jalisco just north of PV a few years back with the wife. Amazing spot, big resort with everything we needed. Good food, beach, pools etc. I would definitely stay there again.
    X2 stayed here for a wedding, no complaints except they losing my Drivers License and "una Minuta" went to Manana to "Sorry we lost it."

Had to give your ID if you wanted to rent some things out (It was in the resort)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.