Quantcast
Trading in a lease on a cheap car, possible? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading in a lease on a cheap car, possible?

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What you are saying is fine.
    If a person who is financially stable then that is a sound idea.

If they can sell while they are on the lease and make moola then Kudos to them.

But if they have to buy it out to sell it it might be different. The point im making to that is when someone is going through financial challenges. Something as simple as that may be a higher risk to them not worth taking vs someone who is financially stable.

Sounds like you're a little confused on how vehicles get paid out. There is zero risk to this couple, they don't have to come up with 29k out of their pocket to buy the lease out before they can list it. They sell the vehicle, then tell the new owner not to register it for 24 hours until the lien free letter comes from Toyota, then they use the buyers money to pay off the lease(or if the buyer is smart he/she just makes the check out to Toyota Canada himself and the couple can wait for the refund check of the difference from Toyota).

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    so I talked to a dealer elsewhere and they said they would pay 35k for it as is, no trade just a buy and it will go to the US. So I think ill put it up for 38k for a quick sale, which is still IMO a great deal. I did get a look at it over lunch, and its still in great shape, so shouldn't be a hard sell, but in this economy who knows thanks again for all the input, its a shitty situation for them, but seems like the right move to try and get ahead a bit.

I wish my wife needed a new rig, I wanted to buy it out, but have no use for it.
    Maybe hit up House of Cars for a quick flip ? Worked for another Beyonder and with this weather that vehicle sells its self
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by bourge73 View Post
    Maybe hit up House of Cars for a quick flip ? Worked for another Beyonder and with this weather that vehicle sells its self
    Then why go that route and get bent. They would probably offer them 30 at the most.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Then why go that route and get bent. They would probably offer them 30 at the most.
    How in the world do you know that ? Probably get bent and finding out if they will “get bent” are two different things. It’s worth a shot is all Iam sayin....
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2