Quantcast
Are you done with Tim Hortons? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What's your coffee choise?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm loyal, Tim's for life!

15 9.93%
  • Yup, I'm done with it too

83 54.97%
  • I've always liked the more expensive coffee like Starbucks

24 15.89%
  • Any port in a storm...

29 19.21%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you done with Tim Hortons?

Default Are you done with Tim Hortons?

I'm done.
    A donut on any given time of day tastes like a day old. The Apple Fritters are about 90% soggy sugar now.
    Toasted bagel? Forget about it. They might have waved to the toaster on the way to the cream cheese, but that's as close as it gets.
    Anything with chicken, tastes like chicken noodle soup to me. Like, they had to dip the chicken in flavour so it could play the part.
    The lids have been leaking for years, seems more so with black coffee, and lately the mouth part has been split open on every coffee I get so it's even worse than before.
    I saw this new Waffle breakfast sandwich the other day, and I think the fact this thing exists is enough for me to switch entirely to McDonalds coffee. Safeway/Sobeys for donuts for sure, but I made that change a long time ago.

Keep in mind that Brazilian private equity firm 3G Capital bought Tim Hortons back in 2014 for US$12.5 billion.
    That deal followed 3G’s purchase of fast-food giant Burger King in 2010 and the buyout of world-famous ketchup maker H.J. Heinz in partnership with Warren Buffett in 2013.
    However, 3G is also well known for its aggressive cost-cutting practices led by a team of Harvard-educated investors.
    So when it was announced that 3G would be taking over Canada’s leading coffee house, many wondered if would have any impact on the iconic brand’s home-cooked vibe.
    https://www.fool.ca/2018/08/25/thing...anadian-brand/

How about everyone else? Are you loyal, done, or did you never bother in the first place?

Never bothered in the first place, 7/11 or McD's both make a decent cup of regular joe. Btw, poll doesn't accommodate those who didn't bother in the first place.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Nope. I dont like their coffee, but it's high caffeine content, and its the closest coffee place to my work. Their donuts (which i agree are as bad as the coffee) are also a nice sized and cheap "filler" for when I'm hungry.

So for me, its all convenience, not quality. I wish there was someplace else within 5 minutes of work, but there isn't.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Can’t stand their leaky lids and they never get my order right so I tend to avoid them.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I stopped going daily, and started making my own coffee at home. I'll still occasionally go, but I prefer McD's coffee (not that I can convince any of my coworkers to go to the one on Stephen Ave).
    I like the Timbits, but their breakfast sandwiches are awful, and donuts are lackluster.

The coffee itself is also wildly inconsistent between locations, and sometimes even between who's been brewing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

amazes me when i go to tim hortons, that i still go to tim hortons.. it's garbage. Much rather McDonalds or A&W for a morning when i cant do something at home. Can drink pretty well any coffee black, but not even worth trying there.

My Ride
    rally pig

At work, we havent gone to Timmies for over a year now since we go to Olly's for breakfast and coffee now.
    I do not crave for their donuts or timbits but if I have to go to Timmies then I'll get their coffee black or double double and croissant.

My Ride
    V8s

Never liked it. Coffee isn't good. Sandwiches are gross. McDonalds is head and shoulders above, the only thing I wish they had was timbits (only thing I don't mind at Tim Hortons).

When I'm forced to go to Timmys I always ask for a dome lid on my coffee so at least I can avoid that leaky, lip splitting trash they use for a lid otherwise.

My Ride
    Silverado

it's been terrible for years

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I couldn't tell you the last time I ate or drank anything at Tims. Swore them off many years ago and have never been back.

Shitty coffee, terrible lids, awful sandwiches/"food", drive thru order guaranteed to be wrong every damn time....

Nope!

Tim Hortons has been disgusting for as long as I can remember. None of their food is 'healthy', they use the gross fake chicken with fake grill marks, their donuts taste days old, their muffins are almost as unhealthy as a crave cupcake and their coffee is (IMHO) always bad. I don't even know the last time I was there.

And those lids haha - as already mentioned, the worst.

There is better food, better donuts, and better coffee virtually anywhere else that sells any of those things.

Clearly I am in the minority though based on the size of the lineups at every single one of them.

If I have no choice but to get some fast food because I'm stuck in an airport or something, I'd much rather McDonalds or pretty much anything else.

The best coffee IMHO is places like Artigiano where it's still only $2.00 and you can get a great cup of black coffee.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-26-2018 at 10:13 AM.

My Ride
    ute

I'll go there for a caffein injection. It's not bad if you don't consider it "coffee", but rather a "hot caffeine beverage".

I'm glad their donuts are disgusting. It would be bad if their donuts were delicious. Then I'd eat them.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Definitely don't get the lineups, other then people just being sheep and not wanting to change. An extra $1 for a starbucks coffee with no lineup is worth 10x the shit you get at timmies (and how much is your time worth in line)

My Ride
    06 S2000

I can't stand Starbucks black coffee. It's consistently burned every time I order it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Definitely don't get the lineups, other then people just being sheep and not wanting to change. An extra $1 for a starbucks coffee with no lineup is worth 10x the shit you get at timmies (and how much is your time worth in line)
    Yea I dont get this. I used to work off of 32nd ave NE and the TH drive thru was always lined up in the AM, sometimes 1/2 hr long. I could have had custom-made coffee in the office by then or something from a nearby SB or McD.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I can't stand Starbucks black coffee. It's consistently burned every time I order it.
    At SB, try getting BLOND roast. Its nowhere near as burnt and has more caffeine.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Tim Hortons has been disgusting for as long as I can remember. None of their food is 'healthy'
    Basically this. There was a time when their hot chocolate and donuts were delicious, but that was decades ago.

I used to go every other morning while working after graduating high school. Went every other morning once I settled into Edmonton after graduating from NAIT. One day my friend put me onto Bacon and Egg mcmuffins about 2-3 years ago at McDonalds.

My earliest memories of mcmuffins were disgust, slimey nasty things that were awful. But apparently at some point they changed. That combined with their way better tea, and I was sold. I also pay less at McDonalds for more/better food.

I hate Tim Hortons so much I refuse to eat anything brought to work functions from them unless there is a rare day in the office when I am starving and haven't brought any home cooked food. Their food is complete and utter garbage.

The sausage McMuffin can be extremely greasy. Also the Macleod Trail McD's near the cemetary makes terrible McMuffins for some damned reason.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I will go there for a couple of things... liked Iced Capps if they are close by but generally speaking no more. I haven't gone to them in a long long long time and truly don't miss it. If I do go its for a donut or timbit as they are the simplest and easiest place to get them.

For me its now McDonalds or A&W for breakfast/coffee if needed. Second Cup for Hot Chocolate or London Fog tea.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I go there because its the cheapest in my building.. dont love the taste of coffee to start with, so why pay upwards of $1.00 more per cup for the same damn thing. (And ordering via the app helps skip the lines)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Tim's has gross food and worse coffee. Them and Starbucks. Blows my mind how they're so popular and hilarious how defensive people get about "their timmies"
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast