Quantcast
Are you done with Tim Hortons? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What's your coffee choise?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm loyal, Tim's for life!

15 9.93%
  • Yup, I'm done with it too

83 54.97%
  • I've always liked the more expensive coffee like Starbucks

24 15.89%
  • Any port in a storm...

29 19.21%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you done with Tim Hortons?

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Based on Coffee in my building (Bow Valley Square) Tims is definitely the cheapest. Prices for a Large start there at $2.00 but go up to $1.25-1.50 more on the high end at Analog. I havent checked Starbucks in a while as its at the other end of the complex, but somewhere in the middle are Second Cup, Olly Frescos, A&W and Butcher and Baker which are all $0.25-0.75 more per cup.

While the quality isnt the best, I do like the Tims app. Place the order when Im across the street and my Coffee is there waiting for me instead of waiting in a line that is 5-15 people deep.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I like Tim Hortons coffee. I don't consider myself a coffee snob as I also like McDonalds as well as 7-11 coffee. I have tried many types of Starbucks coffee and hate them all. It always tastes like it has been sitting on the burner for over an hour. I still drink a lot of Tim Hortons but I rarely eat the food and if I do it's usually a bagel. As for the donuts I think they are okay. I don't eat them often but when I do they never taste as bad as some describe here. What gets me is the amount of people that eat their breakfast food. The quality is so inferior to McDonalds that I just can't understand how some people will eat powdered eggs and pre-cooked sausage/bacon sitting in heating trays when you can go to McDonalds, A&W, etc and get fresh foot for the same money.

The leaky lids are unacceptable though and I have thought many times about boycotting just because of the lids. I understand they are finally addressing the lids but I don't understand why it took so long. You can't carry a large or extra-large Tim's coffee without getting it on your hands and sleeve.
    Last edited by heavyD; 12-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Tim Hortons coffee. I don't consider myself a coffee snob as I also like McDonalds as well as 7-11 coffee. I have tried many types of Starbucks coffee and hate them all. It always tastes like it has been sitting on the burner for over an hour. I still drink a lot of Tim Hortons but I rarely eat the food and if I do it's usually a bagel. As for the donuts I think they are okay. I don't eat them often but when I do they never taste as bad as some describe here. What gets me is the amount of people that eat their breakfast food. The quality is so inferior to McDonalds that I just can't understand how some people will eat powdered eggs and pre-cooked sausage/bacon sitting in heating trays when you can go to McDonalds, A&W, etc and get fresh foot for the same money.

The leaky lids are unacceptable though and I have thought many times about boycotting just because of the lids. I understand they are finally addressing the lids but I don't understand why it took so long. You can't carry a large or extra-large Tim's coffee without getting it on your hands and sleeve.
    Forgot about the leaky lids haha, another reason I stopped going there for any reason other than convenience.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Best way to stomach Starbucks coffee is adding cinnamon. Just keep an eye on when you're getting close to the bottom because that...ooze...that builds on the bottom is the worst surprise when you're going bottoms up to finish it hahaha
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Met someone at a Timmie's to discuss a job opening yesterday. My lid was leaking so bad it left a puddle on the counter before I even carried it to my table.

Stay classy tims.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    If I do go to Timmys... I go for the er... steep tea. But I have to ask for one sugar instead of two. For some reason I find it two sweet.

I do find the sugar content of the foods waaay off the scale. Its not sweet, its sickly sweet if that makes sense.
    I would not mind the doughnuts if they just cut the sugar content in half.
    Steeped tea for the win. That's what I hate about 7-11 or McDonalds, having to toss out a tea bag.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by dino_martini View Post
    Steeped tea for the win. That's what I hate about 7-11 or McDonalds, having to toss out a tea bag.
    And you certainly don’t want to be just “tossing “ around arrant Tea Bags. .. especially around the Holidays...
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Only thing I ever get at Tim’s when I’m on the go at work and need a snack is a chicken wrap. I dislike their coffee now... I usually go to McDonald’s for coffee these days

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Only thing I ever get at Tim’s when I’m on the go at work and need a snack is a chicken wrap. I dislike their coffee now... I usually go to McDonald’s for coffee these days
    Joys of the job, but I agree the chicken snack wraps are decent for a quick wolf down and go

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Judging by the line ups to order this thread is fake.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I’m not a coffee drinker, but I hate everything Tim’s stands for. It’s basivally the lowest common denominator of Canadian citizens who patronize them. Idiots will sit in a drive thru for 20 minutes just to get a cheap coffee ffs.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    I’m not a coffee drinker, but I hate everything Tim’s stands for. It’s basivally the lowest common denominator of Canadian citizens who patronize them. Idiots will sit in a drive thru for 20 minutes just to get a cheap coffee ffs.
    They likely listen to pop country too.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    I love that about them though. I drive up, see 12 cars waiting at the drive-thru, park my car and walk in. I'm done in the time it takes them to move 3 cars up. As opposed to Starbucks who will serve 6 drive-thru people before even acknowledging your existence inside. Or any of the fancy coffee places where you have to be a down-town worker to patronize. Then there's McD's, where I do like their coffee, but it's 2/3's the caffeine and you have to wait for the even lower common denominators ordering lunch for their entire crew of 12 people.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by cancer man View Post
    Judging by the line ups to order this thread is fake.
    It's true and a great reminder that the posting population on Beyond is incredibly small.
    Ultracrepidarian

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The weird thing is that Tims isn't really cheaper than other similar options like McDicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

I can't stand the white trash clientele as mentioned earlier whom bring their crew of workers whom haven't showered since the new year in for double doubles and sandwiches. I just wonder: have you guys ever heard of packing a lunch?!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The weird thing is that Tims isn't really cheaper than other similar options like McDicks.
    Caffeine amount per dollar is better value.

McDonalds Medium (475ml): $1.62 (includes free coffee every 7th) 145mg caffeine = 1.18C per mg
    Tim Hortons Medium (425ml): $1.98 205mg = 0.97C per mg

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    I can't stand the white trash clientele as mentioned earlier whom bring their crew of workers whom haven't showered since the new year in for double doubles and sandwiches. I just wonder: have you guys ever heard of packing a lunch?!
    How would you know if you don't go there?
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast