Quantcast
Rap music? No problem! Old winter holiday song? Get that filth outta here! - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap music? No problem! Old winter holiday song? Get that filth outta here!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If people cared as much about hearing the song before Bell and Rogers announced this as they apparently do after, they wouldn't have pulled it in the first place.
    I dunno... these numbers are pretty impressive for a song that should only be looked up by the 50+ crowd... and seasonally

Name:  858AEF29-9EA6-4B22-9EC2-5C4B08AFA343.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  26.0 KB

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Put it this way, how many of you wouldn't hesitate to punch this guy's lights out if it was your daughter, gf, or wife that was stuck in the song's situation?... Not to mention the fact that no one had answered my question as to how old Neptune's Daughter is in the movie and how old the man pursuing her is.

I'm all for free speech and I also think we are at times being too ridiculous with all this PC stuff but in my opinion this song is highly inappropriate and have no problem leaving it and other songs like it in the past.

As for "rap music" I get a real kick out of you old farts who are complaining. You obviously don't know what you're talking about because that type of music hasn't been popular for at least a good 10-15 years now (turn on the radio some time, it's been either dance music with one or two lines of vocals or its country-pop, or its mumble rap where they're mumbling about who knows what) and any of it that does get air play is heavily censored.
    You're literally the worst kind of person, I am happy to not know you in real life.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Lariat

I'm offended that you didn't put Christmas in the thread title and instead 'old winter holiday song'

What is wrong with people these days!?!?!? Its a song from the 40s with vey different meaning that what you perceive today. People now a days need to give their head a shake
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    I'm offended that you didn't put Christmas in the thread title and instead 'old winter holiday song'

What is wrong with people these days!?!?!? Its a song from the 40s with vey different meaning that what you perceive today. People now a days need to give their head a shake
    I get your point, but using your logic it'd be okay to play a song about hanging a black man from a tree?

Actually I don't get your point, does it really have a different meaning? I don't think it does...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    You're literally the worst kind of person, I am happy to not know you in real life.
    Likewise, my beyond friend, likewise.

Anyways, this has no impact in my life, I don't listen to the radio and I hate Christmas music.... Funny to watch all you people complaining about other people complaining.
    Last edited by NissanFanBoy; 12-05-2018 at 02:16 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I get your point, but using your logic it'd be okay to play a song about hanging a black man from a tree?

Actually I don't get your point, does it really have a different meaning? I don't think it does...

- - - Updated - - -

but... read?

”If we look at the text of the song, the woman gives plenty of indication that she wants to stay the night,” wrote Slay Belle for Persephone Magazine. “Her beau in his repeated refrain ‘Baby, it’s cold outside’ is offering her the excuses she needs to stay without guilt.” None of the woman’s lines indicate that she feels unsafe or is uninterested — they’re all concerned with societal expectations (even the “no” line expresses that she “ought” to say it). “Basically, the song only makes sense in the context of a society in which women are expected to reject men’s advances whether they actually want to or not,”

My Ride
    RSTi

Put it this way, how many of you wouldn't hesitate to punch this guy's lights out if it was your daughter, gf, or wife that was stuck in the song's situation?... Not to mention the fact that no one had answered my question as to how old Neptune's Daughter is in the movie and how old the man pursuing her is.

I'm all for free speech and I also think we are at times being too ridiculous with all this PC stuff but in my opinion this song is highly inappropriate and have no problem leaving it and other songs like it in the past.

As for "rap music" I get a real kick out of you old farts who are complaining. You obviously don't know what you're talking about because that type of music hasn't been popular for at least a good 10-15 years now (turn on the radio some time, it's been either dance music with one or two lines of vocals or its country-pop, or its mumble rap where they're mumbling about who knows what) and any of it that does get air play is heavily censored.
    Get a fucking grip.

Seriously.

If you're offended by an 80 year old Christmas song then you need to sit down and take a look at how terrible your life must be.

My Ride

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, this has no impact in my life, I don't listen to the radio and I hate Christmas music.... Funny to watch all you people complaining about other people complaining.
    More funny to watch you try and validate the complaining as being legitimate. You sir, are worse than Hitler.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I dunno... these numbers are pretty impressive for a song that should only be looked up by the 50+ crowd... and seasonally
    It's not really all that impressive when you consider most of the popular Christmas songs pass the 100M+ mark.

White Christmas, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Jingle Bell Rock (this one's second most popular version has 50M on it's own), etc. all pass it.

Even the worst Christmas song of them all, the one that brings nothing but pain and sorrow to all that hear it has over 70M (Wonderful Christmastime).

It's a competitive airtime market out there, it's not worth it to go to bat for 'Baby It's Cold Outside' when there's a profit to be had. Do they gain anything from publicly announcing it rather than just quietly not playing it? Who knows. But these are companies desperately trying to appease to Millennial and younger now that their traditional listening audience is dying away. Like I said, it isn't much of a gamble.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I hope you don't like ice cream, because it'll be a big crusade for you going after the ice cream truck song.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I hope you don't like ice cream, because it'll be a big crusade for you going after the ice cream truck song.
    I had to actually look this up Rage, wow, I had no idea. But you see that's my point, you will never again hear those lyrics again associated with that song... Why? Because it's clearly not right. That's all I'm saying.

Generation before boomers pretty much mostly insist that this is normal courtship.

Guys literally have to ask 100x. Any girl who doesn't say no for the first 99x is a slut. That's pretty much my take.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I had to actually look this up Rage, wow, I had no idea. But you see that's my point, you will never again hear those lyrics again associated with that song... Why? Because it's clearly not right. That's all I'm saying.
    And if you want to be on this giant crusade...

Better stop all the kids in the world from playing and singing ring around the rosie.. because guess what... it has some serious dark history to it.

Just heard the song while walking through a downtown building.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

My Ride

Ban history, if you don't you're a bigot/rapist/misogynist/abuser/sexual predator.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Ban history, if you don't you're a bigot/rapist/misogynist/abuser/sexual predator.
    On the one extreme you have people who banning this and that, and on the other extreme, you have people that look at this stuff and don't see anything wrong with it.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    I'm offended that you didn't put Christmas in the thread title
    I actually DID have Christmas in the title, but changed it to holidays because the song has nothing to do with Christmas except for it being winter. It usually is played a lot around Christmas, but I don't associate it with Christmas.

That was the logic in that. I seriously had it typed out and was all "this doesn't make sense" and then changed it.

- - - Updated - - -

On the one extreme you have people who banning this and that, and on the other extreme, you have people that look at this stuff and don't see anything wrong with it.
    You are confused. There is nothing extreme about this song, or anything wrong with it. #liberalrevisionism at its finest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Must depend on the school and principal. My kids schools all post and discuss Christmas.
    Guy I'm working with confirmed his grand daughter, at a Catholic school, does not have/is not allowed to have Christmas plays in Calgary. "Holidays" only.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

its not really an extreme... it shows a level of thought beyond knee-jerk reaction. why do you still refuse to comment on this interpretation?

”If we look at the text of the song, the woman gives plenty of indication that she wants to stay the night,” wrote Slay Belle for Persephone Magazine. “Her beau in his repeated refrain ‘Baby, it’s cold outside’ is offering her the excuses she needs to stay without guilt.” None of the woman’s lines indicate that she feels unsafe or is uninterested — they’re all concerned with societal expectations (even the “no” line expresses that she “ought” to say it). “Basically, the song only makes sense in the context of a society in which women are expected to reject men’s advances whether they actually want to or not,”
    at the time the song was written things were very different than today. if anything this song was progressive, part of the long battle for equal rights, now its being demonized cause people are quick to forget what once was. if anything songs like this should be cerebrated, cause without them the shift would have never began.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    its not really an extreme... it shows a level of thought beyond knee-jerk reaction. why do you still refuse to comment on this interpretation?
    But how am I supposed to be offended, if I pay attention to facts?

My Ride
    ute

haha. SJWs are so easy to bait into making themselves look ridiculous.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast