Quantcast
Rap music? No problem! Old winter holiday song? Get that filth outta here! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 173

Thread: Rap music? No problem! Old winter holiday song? Get that filth outta here!

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ban history, if you don't you're a bigot/rapist/misogynist/abuser/sexual predator.
    Disney hasn't released 'Song of the South' on DVD in the North American region.

    Is the Mouse not even able to protect us from the SJW cucklords who want to erase all history?!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,924
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    I'm surprised no one has brought up black and orange day

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,239
    Rep Power
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised no one has brought up black and orange day
    They're confused in how to react over the subtle racism of the first half and implied Trump mockery of the second.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put it this way, how many of you wouldn't hesitate to punch this guy's lights out if it was your daughter, gf, or wife that was stuck in the song's situation?... Not to mention the fact that no one had answered my question as to how old Neptune's Daughter is in the movie and how old the man pursuing her is.

    I'm all for free speech and I also think we are at times being too ridiculous with all this PC stuff but in my opinion this song is highly inappropriate and have no problem leaving it and other songs like it in the past.

    As for "rap music" I get a real kick out of you old farts who are complaining. You obviously don't know what you're talking about because that type of music hasn't been popular for at least a good 10-15 years now (turn on the radio some time, it's been either dance music with one or two lines of vocals or its country-pop, or its mumble rap where they're mumbling about who knows what) and any of it that does get air play is heavily censored.
    This is ridiculous... do you even know the context of when the song was written for? The problem with people like you is they only see things at a surface instead of the real context.

    It's only a matter of time until Shakespeare becomes offensive under these same definitions.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,858
    Rep Power
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disney hasn't released 'Song of the South' on DVD in the North American region.

    Is the Mouse not even able to protect us from the SJW cucklords who want to erase all history?!
    Just ride splash mountain for the experience.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,789
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just ride splash mountain for the experience.
    I just read all about zippity doo dah today thanks to your ice cream truck song mention

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just ride splash mountain for the experience.
    That would be like asking people to just listen to 'Baby It's Cold Outside' on Spotify or on YouTube. Don't you go supporting the SJW position of censoring artwork by telling me to experience it somewhere else!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Triangle
    My Ride
    Lexus
    Posts
    10,323
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    This is fkn outta control.
    Conversations like this can be intense.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,242
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disney hasn't released 'Song of the South' on DVD in the North American region.

    Is the Mouse not even able to protect us from the SJW cucklords who want to erase all history?!
    SotS is clearly racist. Like, it's offensively racist. Even for its time it was racist (people picketed the movie when it was originally released).

    Way to throw your argument off a cliff.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it bugs you, turn the station.
    Which goes for every type of language you hear anywhere. There is absolutely no reasonable grounds to practice Fascism for anything that doesn't directly violate someones rights and freedoms.

    The thing that is really stupid about this #metoo insanity, is that there is no context to anything. "No means NO!!" Well kind of. There is virtually no such thing as a girl that doesn't give some playful No's before she is ready to have fun. That is just plain old human psychology. In general women are fine with acting slutty, they're just not ok with a man thinking it about them. So they play a bit of hard to get to create the illusion they are a "good girl" or whatever they want you to think about them. My wife is plenty forthcoming about the fact that my persistence is what riled her up and was one of the things that made her want me. There is major fundamental difference between a woman angrily giving you a hard "NO", and a woman playing hard to get. That is the context completely lost on the metoo crowd.

    The other hypocrisy is how it's all to do with women being victims. This is the same crowd that parades around in pussy hats trying to convince the world women and men are equal. Their genetically predisposed traits make men and women nowhere near equal. That doesn't mean one sex is better than the other, it just means they have different strengths and talents. But if men and women are so equal in their mind, then why is it perfectly ok for a fat girl that wouldn't stand a chance with sober me, to lurk in the shadows of the bar until she sees my one eyebrow slant, then pounce for an attack when I am not of sound mind to defend myself? But if a man buys a girl a few drinks to ease the mood while trying to run some game, then he is a rapist that needs to be burned at the stake?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But these are companies desperately trying to appease to Millennial and younger now that their traditional listening audience is dying away. Like I said, it isn't much of a gamble.
    The silly part is, why are they trying to virtue signal to the loud minority anyway? It's pretty clear through polling and whatnot that the heavy majority does not buy into this SJW bullshit. For the most part the majority is just too afraid to speak up for fear of being publicly labeled(insert derogatory hate comment here). It's amazing that this small minority has been able to convince the majority that THEY are the majority by simply screaming and throwing temper tantrums loud enough.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which goes for every type of language you hear anywhere. There is absolutely no reasonable grounds to practice Fascism for anything that doesn't directly violate someones rights and freedoms.
    Three companies said they weren't going to play a song on their stations.

    Nobody banned the song. There is no punishment coming to those who play or listen the song. Other companies are free to play the song if they choose.

    This is as fascist as Starbucks saying they're phasing out straws.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three companies said they weren't going to play a song on their stations.

    Nobody banned the song. There is no punishment coming to those who play or listen the song. Other companies are free to play the song if they choose.

    This is as fascist as Starbucks saying they're phasing out straws.
    As per the quote in my reply, the reply itself was also broad and generalized.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Highlander
    Posts
    2,561
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which goes for every type of language you hear anywhere. There is absolutely no reasonable grounds to practice Fascism for anything that doesn't directly violate someones rights and freedoms.

    The thing that is really stupid about this #metoo insanity, is that there is no context to anything. "No means NO!!" Well kind of. There is virtually no such thing as a girl that doesn't give some playful No's before she is ready to have fun. That is just plain old human psychology. In general women are fine with acting slutty, they're just not ok with a man thinking it about them. So they play a bit of hard to get to create the illusion they are a "good girl" or whatever they want you to think about them. My wife is plenty forthcoming about the fact that my persistence is what riled her up and was one of the things that made her want me. There is major fundamental difference between a woman angrily giving you a hard "NO", and a woman playing hard to get. That is the context completely lost on the metoo crowd.

    The other hypocrisy is how it's all to do with women being victims. This is the same crowd that parades around in pussy hats trying to convince the world women and men are equal. Their genetically predisposed traits make men and women nowhere near equal. That doesn't mean one sex is better than the other, it just means they have different strengths and talents. But if men and women are so equal in their mind, then why is it perfectly ok for a fat girl that wouldn't stand a chance with sober me, to lurk in the shadows of the bar until she sees my one eyebrow slant, then pounce for an attack when I am not of sound mind to defend myself? But if a man buys a girl a few drinks to ease the mood while trying to run some game, then he is a rapist that needs to be burned at the stake?
    Are you seriously responding to my comment with a rant about the me too movement that includes asshole (and ridiculously irrelevant) remarks about equality and pouncing fat girls? Just no. Turn around. Walk away. You seem to be one who has missed the point completely.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you seriously responding to my comment with a rant about the me too movement that includes asshole (and ridiculously irrelevant) remarks about equality and pouncing fat girls? Just no. Turn around. Walk away. You seem to be one who has missed the point completely.
    Yes I replied to a line in your post................................. Which ended up creating a Segway into another related topic. If you're going to get triggered because of missing the context, you might not be as far separated from the medias version of a feminist as you think you are. The point was not missed, everything in my post was directly related to the original post in the thread.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Who listens to radio in the first place? That shit can die a horrible death at the hands of SJW for all I care. It's a dead irrelevant medium. People will keep making music that pushes the envelope and people will keep listening to it. This is just the Marilyn Manson/Eminem flavor of the day all over again.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:04 PM.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Highlander
    Posts
    2,561
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes I replied to a line in your post................................. Which ended up creating a Segway into another related topic. If you're going to get triggered because of missing the context, you might not be as far separated from the medias version of a feminist as you think you are. The point was not missed, everything in my post was directly related to the original post in the thread.
    Triggered? Oh honey, check the top right of this post and see how long I've been around here. A random rant about feminists and the #metoo movement is old hat around here. But don't turn a couple of radio stations not playing a 70 year old song into an explanation about how men and women each have different strengths and therefore can't be equal. Nothing to do with the song whatsoever and 1000% has nothing to do with what the #metoo movement is about or what kind of equality people (women and decent men) are actually working towards. I can debate this all day, but uninformed opponents get boring and this forum is hardly the audience to hear me out. Let's get the thread back on the topic of ancient Christmas music and all the ways they continue to wrong us.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Triggered? Oh honey, check the top right of this post and see how long I've been around here. A random rant about feminists and the #metoo movement is old hat around here. But don't turn a couple of radio stations not playing a 70 year old song into an explanation about how men and women each have different strengths and therefore can't be equal. Nothing to do with the song whatsoever and 1000% has nothing to do with what the #metoo movement is about or what kind of equality people (women and decent men) are actually working towards. I can debate this all day, but uninformed opponents get boring and this forum is hardly the audience to hear me out. Let's get the thread back on the topic of ancient Christmas music and all the ways they continue to wrong us.
    I dunno... all those points seem directly related to the song. Or more specifically, reasons on why the song was pulled down (which is what this topic is about). Of course its more of a pro-feminism song. But people are dumb.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 12-19-2009, 01:02 PM
  2. This place is a filth hole

    By bspot in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 11-12-2008, 04:38 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 11-01-2008, 07:56 PM
  4. I'm outta here!

    By sillyd in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-29-2004, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •