Quantcast
Ceramic Evolution detailing and Ceramic? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ceramic Evolution detailing and Ceramic?

Default Ceramic Evolution detailing and Ceramic?

Any of you guys been to this place? How is their work?

http://ceramicevolution.ca/

If you're looking for a coating talk to Rainer at SR International. He's done work for myself and lots of other Beyonders, and he does all the work for Ferrari/Masarati Calgary. He's also very good at explaining everything to you in detail so you can pick the proper coating, etc.

I've had a ceramic coating since Feb 2017 and it is has been phenomenal. A big part of ensuring the coating's effectiveness is the prep work, which is mostly what you're paying for.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-06-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any of you guys been to this place? How is their work?

http://ceramicevolution.ca/
    I haven't been to Ceramic Evolution but their pricing is pretty good considering the cost of Ceramic Pro coatings (questionably expensive coating)

That said, make sure you know what you are getting yourself into with a ceramic coating.

Generally speaking for most coatings

Pros:
    Washing your car a lot easier as dirt and water won't stick to the paint as much
    Slightly more scratch resistant if you have very soft paint
    They last longer than a normal wax or sealant
    Usually have a bright glassy look to them opposed to a warmer glow from wax

Cons:
    Some of the older products have issues with water spotting
    They are quite pricey and the listed durability claims are optimistic very estimates- how long it lasts will depend on how you maintain it
    They won't do anything about rock chips
    If you do get a scratch and want it repaired, typically you would want to recoat the entire panel

Thanks for the info guys.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    I haven't been to Ceramic Evolution but their pricing is pretty good considering the cost of Ceramic Pro coatings (questionably expensive coating)

That said, make sure you know what you are getting yourself into with a ceramic coating.

Generally speaking for most coatings

Pros:
    Washing your car a lot easier as dirt and water won't stick to the paint as much
    Slightly more scratch resistant if you have very soft paint
    They last longer than a normal wax or sealant
    Usually have a bright glassy look to them opposed to a warmer glow from wax

Cons:
    Some of the older products have issues with water spotting
    They are quite pricey and the listed durability claims are optimistic very estimates- how long it lasts will depend on how you maintain it
    They won't do anything about rock chips
    If you do get a scratch and want it repaired, typically you would want to recoat the entire panel
    This^

Also, don't forget to use ceramic coating specific shampoo. Eg Carpro Reset.

My coating is almost 2 years old now and is holding up extremely well. I did not buy the most expensive one either. I fully expect it to last the duration of my lease at this point.

You can get good product and install for well under $1,000. None of the coatings last forever, so there is no point buying the best ones IMHO.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Hobby detailer here...

You can get the prep work done (decontaminate, cut, and polish) which is most of the labor and head to your local detailing shop like CarZilla and pick your own coating and apply it yourself.

Either you can mix your own (Isopropyl Alcohol) IPA solution or grab like CarPro erase or Menzerna Top Inspection, Wash it thoroughly with Dawn dishwashing soap or CarPro Reset if you feel expensive prior to coating.

Super easy to do and can save you $$$ if you are on a budget.

If you are really on a budget then forget coatings and use SONAX Polymer Net Shield (PNS)or Menzerna Power Lock (PL) polymer sealant.

-Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    Hobby detailer here...

You can get the prep work done (decontaminate, cut, and polish) which is most of the labor and head to your local detailing shop like CarZilla and pick your own coating and apply it yourself.

Either you can mix your own (Isopropyl Alcohol) IPA solution or grab like CarPro erase or Menzerna Top Inspection, Wash it thoroughly with Dawn dishwashing soap or CarPro Reset if you feel expensive prior to coating.

Super easy to do and can save you $$$ if you are on a budget.

If you are really on a budget then forget coatings and use SONAX Polymer Net Shield (PNS)or Menzerna Power Lock (PL) polymer sealant.

-Jay
    Sounds like too much work and I know I will probably fuk it up some how lol.. Mitsu3000gt recommended me to take it to Rainer at SR Automotive so I think I will just let the pro deal with it.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If you're looking for a coating talk to Rainer at SR International. He's done work for myself and lots of other Beyonders, and he does all the work for Ferrari/Masarati Calgary. He's also very good at explaining everything to you in detail so you can pick the proper coating, etc.
    Yeah .. have couple cars done by SR, overall pretty good, recommended! I won't say they are the best, but fair price, with decent job ... ^_^
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Has anyone dealt with Sean? I believe he import JDM cars as his main job. He does it out of his house and my buddy at Icon Tint said he does very good work as well.

I would also hit up gpomp on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Yeah .. have couple cars done by SR, overall pretty good, recommended! I won't say they are the best, but fair price, with decent job ... ^_^
    If you're even slightly unhappy let him know, he will fix it.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If you're even slightly unhappy let him know, he will fix it.
    Yeah, Rainer is good, I guess Ceramic coating on top of Xpel (or SunTek) make the film very hard, (but nice, shine finish) so the edge doesn't stay too well...
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Yeah, Rainer is good, I guess Ceramic coating on top of Xpel (or SunTek) make the film very hard, (but nice, shine finish) so the edge doesn't stay too well...
    I noticed the longevity is reduced vs ceramic coating being directly cured to the paint. I'm looking forward to trying this product which was unveiled at SEMA this year.

http://gyeonquartz.com/product/ppf-renew/

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by 3nergiz3d View Post
    I noticed the longevity is reduced vs ceramic coating being directly cured to the paint. I'm looking forward to trying this product which was unveiled at SEMA this year.

http://gyeonquartz.com/product/ppf-renew/
    Interesting. This must be new. Over the years I have applied Opticoat Pro, Opticoat 2, CQuartz, etc, on various cars and Gyeon Q2 Mohs is by far the easiest to apply and wipe off. Anyone with even modest detailing skills should have no issues applying it and as stated above you just need to have to do the proper prep either by yourself or a pro. Local shops IMO are charging too much for ceramic coating applications although the website pricing by the shop the OP is discussing is pretty fair although I have no idea how good their work is or what ceramic coating they are using.

My Ride
    LNF

Gpomp does amazing work. Check out his instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Interesting. This must be new. Over the years I have applied Opticoat Pro, Opticoat 2, CQuartz, etc, on various cars and Gyeon Q2 Mohs is by far the easiest to apply and wipe off. Anyone with even modest detailing skills should have no issues applying it and as stated above you just need to have to do the proper prep either by yourself or a pro. Local shops IMO are charging too much for ceramic coating applications although the website pricing by the shop the OP is discussing is pretty fair although I have no idea how good their work is or what ceramic coating they are using.
    They are using Ceramic Pro. I am not an installer for them but I have seen Ceramic Pro coatings before and it seems like a decent enough product. As much as I generally dislike Gyeon, I think they probably have some of the best offerings right now. Would follow that with someone like CQuartz, Gtechniq or CS2.
    That said I think most of them will be the same to 95% of consumers. Detailers really like to be nitpicky about things but unless something was done side by side I doubt most of us would notice the difference.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    They are using Ceramic Pro. I am not an installer for them but I have seen Ceramic Pro coatings before and it seems like a decent enough product. As much as I generally dislike Gyeon, I think they probably have some of the best offerings right now. Would follow that with someone like CQuartz, Gtechniq or CS2.
    That said I think most of them will be the same to 95% of consumers. Detailers really like to be nitpicky about things but unless something was done side by side I doubt most of us would notice the difference.
    Cquartz UK is seriously grabby and not overly user friendly to apply IMO. Gyeon Mohs not only applies easier but provides superior results.

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

I'm sorry I just saw this post. Could you kindly PM me the vehicles that I have worked on for you so I can look up more info on this? Reason being, I don't use ceramic (SI02) coating on PPF, mostly soft coating and if a coating I put on is causing your PPF to lift please let me know and I'll fix/replace them for you. Since we coated your PPF, most likely the film will require a top-up this spring so I can do that no charge for you as well. hit me up or PM me