Quantcast
Avengers: Endgame - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Wow! What an ending! Who'd have thought that Thanos was Captain America's father!

Movie was incredibly crazy amazingly good. Luckily I was able to hold off going for water break... afterwards I had the longest piss ever, while giggling like a 12 year old. Toooo gooood.

Try to watch it in IMAX as the whole movie was filmed with IMAX camera. Enjoy the movie people!
    Last edited by Sky; 04-26-2019 at 04:41 PM.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Movie was incredibly crazy amazingly good. Luckily I was able to hold off going for water break... afterwards I had the longest piss ever, while giggling like a 12 year old. Toooo gooood.

Try to watch it in IMAX as the whole movie was filmed with IMAX camera. Enjoy the movie people!
    I actually did not feel it was a 3 hour movie because it's that good. Definitely was watching how much I was drinking though haha
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    I actually did not feel it was a 3 hour movie because it's that good. Definitely was watching how much I was drinking though haha
    That's a great way to put it, I felt the time flew by as well, I looked at my watch once and it was well over 2hrs in, and I couldn't believe it - this film is many things, and has so many positive attributes, but I'd bet the one lesson other film makers will take away, is how brilliant it was at pacing.

Seeing it again in a few hours, I'll probably end up seeing this thing 3x in the theater as I got some IMAX tickets for next week as well now from some family. I haven't done that since the Star Wars films were redone and re released in theaters back in 1997(I think that's when it was).

I said earlier that I thought Endgame had a decent shot at hitting that 300mil pie in the sky figure. Heh, that optimistic estimate that many have had has been smashed, big time. It's tracking for $350 mil opening weekend, broke the Thursday night/preview record by a wide margin as well. China alone is on pace for a mid $200mil USD opening as well, somewhere between 215 and 240 I've read from several sources online. A one billion opening weekend/3day is now possible as well thanks to China and the rest of the overseas market. Endgame is over-performing in almost every metric, surpassing even the most optimistic estimates. This is incredible, very happy for the MCU, Kevin Feige is a genius for putting these 22 films together and wrapping up the first "super phase" in this manner. Just rewards IMO.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-27-2019 at 04:01 AM.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    That's a great way to put it, I felt the time flew by as well, I looked at my watch once and it was well over 2hrs in, and I couldn't believe it - this film is many things, and has so many positive attributes, but I'd bet the one lesson other film makers will take away, is how brilliant it was at pacing.
    Just saw it this morning and dear god I enjoyed it so much.

I have to agree the pacing of the movie was great, and it did not feel like 3 hours at all. I can't wait to see it again.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I’m going to have to watch that a second time. It was brilliant. Marvel knows how to tug on your heart strings in the best of ways. Such an epic way to end things!

My Ride
    Ford F150

Drove 25 minutes through a snow storm only to be told they cancelled all shows that night. No notice.

Now I'm waiting till Wednesday to see it elsewhere.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Drove 25 minutes through a snow storm only to be told they cancelled all shows that night. No notice.

Now I'm waiting till Wednesday to see it elsewhere.
    Watched it a second time at Eau Claire with some friends. The fucking audio cut out 4 times for 10-15 seconds at a time then sounded tin like for a while after. Was really annoyed at it and had to fill our friends in on missed dialogue. Guessing a lot of the theatre was pissed as people were shouting

My Ride
    '14 Taco

How essential is seeing captain marvel?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Her screentime in this movie is under 15 minutes and she doesn’t contribute much of anything, you’ll be fine
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I haven’t seen captain marvel but from my understanding the movie is set at the very beginning of all the development of characters. The only thing I think you’ll miss is the development of cap marvel which shouldn’t be an issue?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Won’t really make any difference.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Was chatting about this yesterday, only must watch is Infinity War. Everything else isn’t required, but nice to have to understand the characters within Endgame. Although thinking about it again, I really wish I watched Spoiler:
    Antman series
    first.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Watched it at Crowfoot, the concession area is horrible by the actual AVX Theatre was excellent.

The movie was really good, definitely not what I was expecting.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I haven’t seen captain marvel but from my understanding the movie is set at the very beginning of all the development of characters. The only thing I think you’ll miss is the development of cap marvel which shouldn’t be an issue?
    To get max reference:

Spoiler:

Ironman 1+3
    Cap 1+2
    Thor 2+3
    Avenger 1+2
    Dr Strange

Both Cap Marvel and Black Panther are not crucial. Given both were shot after/during Endgame, it was probably too late to include them.

A bit hurried but given how it need to have closure for the last decade, well worth it.

Definitely not expected plot wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    I said earlier that I thought Endgame had a decent shot at hitting that 300mil pie in the sky figure. Heh, that optimistic estimate that many have had has been smashed, big time. It's tracking for $350 mil opening weekend, broke the Thursday night/preview record by a wide margin as well. China alone is on pace for a mid $200mil USD opening as well, somewhere between 215 and 240 I've read from several sources online. A one billion opening weekend/3day is now possible as well thanks to China and the rest of the overseas market. Endgame is over-performing in almost every metric, surpassing even the most optimistic estimates. This is incredible, very happy for the MCU, Kevin Feige is a genius for putting these 22 films together and wrapping up the first "super phase" in this manner. Just rewards IMO.
    I was expecting $850M-$1B, ending up to be $1.2B.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...2b-bow-1205398

$350M for US, $330M for China and the world made up the rest. Disney is going to own everything and everyone after this.

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    I had a smile on face for like the whole third act, wow.
    The elevator scene got me and cheese burgers.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-28-2019 at 08:27 PM.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

My gf and I watched (almost) all of the mcu movies throughout April in preparation of this and it definitely paid off. We did the chronological order way but release date would probably be less confusing if you haven't seen most of them already.

Blown away today. I know some people are complaining that they spent the first hour developing the post snap world but I think I would have been quite disappointed if they didnt spend sometime discussing such a massive event.

Without getting into spoilers, there was only one little thing I didn't like regarding Banner, which Im sure everyone knows what I'm referring too, but besides that I thought the movie was perfect. 9/10. Cant believe how epic it was and that they actually managed to pull this off.

Leaving the theatre you realize you have just watched a cinematic event that will likely never happen again. Not with the same effect at least. 10 years and over 20 movies culminating in an epic ending. Just wow.

No bonus footage at the end. Dont wait

Well I can't wait to see this now. These movies have all been mildly entertaining to this point, but mostly just a lot of CGI bullshit to woo the masses. Reading the feedback here gives me hope. Really weird that the last movie in a massive series would be the best one. F&F franchise is one of the only ones to pull off the later movies being better.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Well I can't wait to see this now. These movies have all been mildly entertaining to this point, but mostly just a lot of CGI bullshit to woo the masses. Reading the feedback here gives me hope. Really weird that the last movie in a massive series would be the best one. F&F franchise is one of the only ones to pull off the later movies being better.
    If you are a casual, Infinity War is better paced movie

This one is more emotional, exploiting what you have known about the original 6 Avengers in the last 10 years.

My Ride
    NC1

So satisfying gotta go watch it again.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast