Quantcast
Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's necessary if you want to get the other side to the negotiating table. It's also the easiest part of the process. The only reason you'd ignore it is if separation isn't your clear goal, in which case that gives the justification for the other side to ignore it. Getting the federal government to approve the question adds legitimacy to the results.
    Hardly. The entire point of separation is to remove the separating entity from the authority of Parliament. Making Parliament a necessary part of the process is nonsensical.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:02 PM.

My Ride
    ute

the equalization payments are annoying, but i dont think the biggest issue.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Another thing to egg on the discussion!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...-oil-producing

Quebec to receive $1.4-billion equalization boost while oil-producing provinces face deficits
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Hardly. The entire point of separation is to remove the separating entity from the authority of Parliament. Making Parliament a necessary part of the process is nonsensical.
    Buster you keep missing the point, talking past people and side stepping answering questions that may diminish your stance

There is no legal constitutional path to unilateral secession in Canada like you claim, end of story.

That is all, but you sidestep that point and refuse to answer it. You’re wrong and are conflating a hostile secession with self determination.

When someone brings up that point you keep saying “well the whole point is the separating body no longer recognizes the constitution or the federal governing body”. Yes great, but you’ve just confirmed the point, that path by definition is not a legal constitutional path to secession.

No one is arguing with you that a piece of land can’t forcefully/unconstitutionally remove itself from confederation (without consequences is a different discussion), but what they are saying is there is no recognized/legal path to do that. You keep confirming that statement either without realizing it or realizing it and refusing to give up any ground. It’s been a weird debate to say the least!
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-10-2018 at 07:40 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post

yep, the last thing QC need is more

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quebec is the heart of the nation, feed them you peasants.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

The Alberta economy is surprisingly strong, considering the relentless drive to lower the cost of doing business over the decades, in a single front effort at job creation, from which we traditionally derived a flat taxed 10% revenue stream. Great for employing easterners and foreigners. Terrible long term strategy

Employment is strong, and the economy is growing surprisingly well. It's a non-existent problem.

Government income is an issue, but separation is not the answer to this problem, a change of mindset is.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post

Came across this last night on FB. Unbelievable, yet, it isn't. Must be an election year next year.

There is also this:

"Canadian environment groups are at the global climate-change conference in Poland today calling out the federal government for letting the oil and gas industry undermine Canada's efforts to be a climate leader."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartanntp

They just want to keep kicking while we're down. As long as we're a part of Canada, nothing will ever change. Of course, I am doubtful that we will ever be able to escape Canada. I love the country but I love my province and city more. It's sad that it has come to this but there is no other way apart from separation.

Another aspect is that Trudeau has stated he wants Canada to be the first post-national state and that Canada has no core identity. He is intentionally out to destroy Canada and give away its sovereignty, and what better way than start alienating large people groups and signing the UN Migration Compact. The guy is either the most incompetent, immature, ignorant, self-interested PM in Canadian history, or he is one of the most devious and cunning; possibly both.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Came across this last night on FB. Unbelievable, yet, it isn't. Must be an election year next year.

There is also this:

"Canadian environment groups are at the global climate-change conference in Poland today calling out the federal government for letting the oil and gas industry undermine Canada's efforts to be a climate leader."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartanntp

They just want to keep kicking while we're down. As long as we're a part of Canada, nothing will ever change. Of course, I am doubtful that we will ever be able to escape Canada. I love the country but I love my province and city more. It's sad that it has come to this but there is no other way apart from separation.

Another aspect is that Trudeau has stated he wants Canada to be the first post-national state and that Canada has no core identity. He is intentionally out to destroy Canada and give away its sovereignty, and what better way than start alienating large people groups and signing the UN Migration Compact. The guy is either the most incompetent, immature, ignorant, self-interested PM in Canadian history, or he is one of the most devious and cunning; possibly both.

It doesn't work like that, and won't affect us. We may soon qualify for equalization, or if we feel shorted, we can lobby to change the equalization calculations so we get it sooner.

Here, I briefly explain the Transfer payment system, and help people see why this is not a big deal. https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/409...71#post4765971
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Just 3 days ago too:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4742716/q...miers-meeting/

“There is no social acceptability for a pipeline that would pass through Quebec territory.”

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    It doesn't work like that, and won't affect us. We may soon qualify for equalization, or if we feel shorted, we can lobby to change the equalization calculations so we get it sooner.

Here, I briefly explain the Transfer payment system, and help people see why this is not a big deal. https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/409...71#post4765971
    We'll never qualify.

"Artificially Inexpensive Hydro power. By excluding the true value of renewable hydro energy revenues from the calculation of revenue capacity, the equalization formula rewards Manitoba and Quebec for charging artificially low domestic electricity prices. Below-market prices, in turn, encourage consumers to use more resources that otherwise would be conserved in response to accurate price signals."

https://fcpp.org/2012/05/29/artifici...IEhZSdG4Aj45TE

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    It doesn't work like that
    You can twist the logic as much as you want. Money that we send to the federal government, does not come back to us, and we can (possibly) force it to. Keep up those mental gymnastics though.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    We'll never qualify.

"Artificially Inexpensive Hydro power. By excluding the true value.....
    Par for the course. All governments subsidize industries. They sell hydro at capped rates, and we do as well, and subsidize our non renewables industry heavily.

This is much ado about nothing. It's not like they get more than they report.
    Last edited by 04Terminator; 12-10-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Silverado

I thought they got to exclude the entire industry from their GDP.A

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Equalization is designed to transfer wealth from low voter importance areas to high voter importance areas. It's not a bug it's a feature. Working as intended.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    They include it, at the actual rate. We complain because it's not market value, but at the capped/subsidized amount.

Par for the course. If I had rent controlled housing in Ontario, I'll report actual income, not what should have been market value.
    Last edited by 04Terminator; 12-10-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    a tank

i use to play risk with my friends, not the original version but a future post apocalyptic version and Alberta was split into West Canada so maybe this is real lol
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    i use to play risk with my friends, not the original version but a future post apocalyptic version and Alberta was split into West Canada so maybe this is real lol
    IIRC, in the Halo timeline, all of Canada and the U.S are in one union.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    something green

I'll have to start watching past Simpson episodes to see if they had Alberta separation in there somewhere.....
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast