Quantcast
Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream

My Ride
    ute

you guys dont have 04Toma-nator on ignore yet?

lol.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you guys dont have 04Toma-nator on ignore yet?

lol.
    I don't have anyone on ignore because I'm not a snowflake that can't handle other people's opinions.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Right. So this is one of the many ways where I differ from you: I don't assume people who disagree with me are idiots unless they demonstrate as such. Brad's a smart guy - I've "known" him on these forums for like 10 years - and definitely not an idiot.

By that logic, I can safely assume his post is satirical.

"Never assume malicious intent until such intent is clearly demonstrated."
    I made no such assumption. He proved his ignorance when he shared the 14000 windmills are abandoned BS. There was at least one other fake news story he shared as truth as well.

As most people do, I start with a blank slate. Spreading lies to substantiate your feelings instantly demotes standing.

Oh, and anyone endorsing the "waaaaaaah" cult on Facebook is obviously also incapable of rational thought, and demoted.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

I don't have anyone on ignore because I'm not a snowflake that can't handle other people's opinions.
    Welcome to the ignore list!!!!!!!!!!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Welcome to the ignore list!!!!!!!!!!
    lol I assume I am among good company

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Me too! I think bragging about who you ignore also qualified him for the "waaaaaaah" list. And his obsession with the wannabe tuner qualifies him for meds.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    Me too! I think bragging about who you ignore also qualified him for the "waaaaaaah" list. And his obsession with the wannabe tuner qualifies him for meds.
    k

My Ride
    ute

Judging from the volume of your activity in the Trump thread, you haven't arrived at an accurate assessment of your snowflake-ness.

I suspect that we both use this forum as an intermittent distraction from whatever is on the other side of our desk. It's entertainment for a few moments between calls or emails or such. I still do need to have standards on who I interact with. And, evidence seems to indicate that my standards are higher than yours. If I'm going to incur a micro-cost on my time/money to make a post, it had better clear at least some minimum hurdle. Perhaps your time isn't as valuable.

My Ride

Judging from the volume of your activity in the Trump thread, you haven't arrived at an accurate assessment of your snowflake-ness.

I suspect that we both use this forum as an intermittent distraction from whatever is on the other side of our desk. It's entertainment for a few moments between calls or emails or such. I still do need to have standards on who I interact with. And, evidence seems to indicate that my standards are higher than yours. If I'm going to incur a micro-cost on my time/money to make a post, it had better clear at least some minimum hurdle. Perhaps your time isn't as valuable.
    lol my posts in the Trump thread that actually required any amount of my time ended long ago after I decided it was no longer worth my time to engage. Y'all have your opinions, I have mine. No point in talking to walls, right? At this point, watching you guys bitch about separatism/etc. is just funny to me.

RE: standards of people I engage with, that's how people live in bubbles. And, based on the fact that you're some millionaire finance dude, it's without question that you value your time more than mine. I'm just a schlub trying to get by like everyone else.

My Ride
    ute

lol my posts in the Trump thread that actually required any amount of my time ended long ago after I decided it was no longer worth my time to engage. Y'all have your opinions, I have mine. No point in talking to walls, right? At this point, watching you guys bitch about separatism/etc. is just funny to me.

RE: standards of people I engage with, that's how people live in bubbles. And, based on the fact that you're some millionaire finance dude, it's without question that you value your time more than mine. I'm just a schlub trying to get by like everyone else.
    Being intellectually honest does not require an engagement of every loser with an opinion - especially not on internet forums. It's perfectly valid to ignore people who won't be useful to the conversation - so long as you don't define usefulness according to whether they align with your own conclusions. In fact, it will allow you to focus on people outside your "bubble" that are actually valuable to hear. Curating your own opposing opinions like this is a difficult task. Just like it is important to not ignore every dissenting opinion, it is also important to ignore dissenting opinions/people that are not constructive. Those are two very different approaches. My comment about putting Tomanator on ignore was half a joke - but half of a recommendation to not waste your time on people who either can't or refuse to be constructive in opposition. There is a vast difference between being a "snowflake" (which is a nasty accusation, frankly), and being efficient in your thinking and processing of issues. My comment about value of time was just me being bitchy because my blood sugar is low because you fuckers keep convincing me to skip breakfast or some shit.

My Ride

Being intellectually honest does not require an engagement of every loser with an opinion - especially not on internet forums. It's perfectly valid to ignore people who won't be useful to the conversation - so long as you don't define usefulness according to whether they align with your own conclusions. In fact, it will allow you to focus on people outside your "bubble" that are actually valuable to hear. Curating your own opposing opinions like this is a difficult task. Just like it is important to not ignore every dissenting opinion, it is also important to ignore dissenting opinions/people that are not constructive. Those are two very different approaches. My comment about putting Tomanator on ignore was half a joke - but half of a recommendation to not waste your time on people who either can't or refuse to be constructive in opposition. There is a vast difference between being a "snowflake" (which is a nasty accusation, frankly), and being efficient in your thinking and processing of issues. My comment about value of time was just me being bitchy because my blood sugar is low because you fuckers keep convincing me to skip breakfast or some shit.
    Okay, fair points in here.

1) My comment re: snowflake wasn't directed at you personally, but given that I quoted you when I made it, I can see why it is perceived that way. My bad.

I actually made it because people were complaining to admin that they couldn't put me on ignore, which is frankly one of the funniest fucking things I've heard in a very long time. That someone got so #triggered from my comments that they can't handle seeing them is hilarious.

2) I like to keep things open (vs. ignore), because in my experience, even the looniest of tunes posts a valuable nugget every now and then.

3) Do you drink coffee? IF is unbearable without it. Also try adjusting your eating window to be earlier in the day. Lots of people find it easier to stop eating at 6 and start eating at 8 am vs. running 12 - 8. I prefer 1 - 9 myself, but everybody's different.

My Ride
    ute

Okay, fair points in here.

1) My comment re: snowflake wasn't directed at you personally, but given that I quoted you when I made it, I can see why it is perceived that way. My bad.

I actually made it because people were complaining to admin that they couldn't put me on ignore, which is frankly one of the funniest fucking things I've heard in a very long time. That someone got so #triggered from my comments that they can't handle seeing them is hilarious.

that is actually pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

2) I like to keep things open (vs. ignore), because in my experience, even the looniest of tunes posts a valuable nugget every now and then.
    It's a generous position for you to take. I guess I view it as the same as the people who give money to the panhandlers at red lights. It just encourages them to continue.

My Ride

BTW, how long you been doing IF?

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

BTW, how long you been doing IF?
    IF has been debunked as a fad I thought. Just go Vegan 5 days a week. Even the terminator has switched.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    IF has been debunked as a fad I thought.
    You'd be wrong.

I IF from dinner to breakfast.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Wait why are we redneck when we are obviously blueneck?

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I IF from dinner to breakfast.
    I tried it after watching some barely science chick on Joe Rogan. Saw nothing for myself after a couple moths. Then asked my doctor and he said only preliminary research there suggests much longer fasts, like days might have benefits on inflammatory markers and such things. Hours do nothing aparantly.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

I even IF from when I go to sleep to breakfast.

Default Economis vs Politics

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    If there is not at least a minority government come 2020, I'm all-in on separation. We cannot accept 8-10 year negative cycles and do what is right for Alberta.
    Unfortunately, simple fact is that no matter what, low crude price and high cost of extraction will not bring investors here. Companies are looking for low capital investment opportunities that will generate good returns. Albert provides capitol intense opportunities with long payout. That is not what investors are looking for and no matter who runs country, that is simple economic fact.

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast