Quantcast
Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream - Page 45 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You dont have him on ignore? Sorry, you deserve some negs.
    I do, but every now and then I look at what ridiculous arguments are had for entertainment. And boy do I regret it every time.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    I do, but every now and then I look at what ridiculous arguments are had for entertainment. And boy do I regret it every time.
    okay, ill give you a pass.

The smart thing to do on separation would be to make our own money and then make everyone else pay us using it.

I suggest Albertan Quatloos. 1 Albertan Quatloo = $1000 US.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-23-2022 at 04:56 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Toma is just a very ordinary forum cockroach. Regardless of how many times he’s banned and it’s made abundantly clear he isn’t wanted.

It’s mostly just pathetic at this point.

He’s a great example of the kind of useless Canadian with a big mouth that ruined this country without making any societal contributions.

Before the internet people just moved away from him on the bus.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Doubling production is a poor mans way to prosperity. Some would even say its the wrong thing to do.

What you really want to do it halve consumption. If you can cook your dinner exactly the same way with 1/2 the energy needed, then you have setup future generations for wealth and prosperity. If you convince them that they need twice the energy to cook their dinner, then you have setup future generations for failure.

Efficiency always trumps production.

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” - Bill Gates.

If you can push 1 Gigabit of data through a fiber optic line for 10 watts of energy instead of 33.6 kilobits through a copper line for 100 watts, that is prosperity. If you can Quantum push through 1 Terabit of data through six inches of lead for 1 watt of energy - you have improved humanity an infinite amount more than simply doubling an oil pipeline.
    Oil people almost never side with efficiency. Smart and Lazy or hardworking and dumb, Lazy wins, Laziness is a blessing that will lift up humanity to new heights.

If Laziness and intellegence are what defines man from apes, where we first decided to not work hard to hunt every day and instead farm to gather food - that is the cornerstone of human civilization. Not to say farming is easy, but it sure is better than dying if you fail to catch anything on a hunt for the week.

I can feel the red already.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-23-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Dunce award for Sunday, May 22.

Yeah. Like 3/4 of US bankruptcies are due to healthcare costs. Most of which had insurance.

How many Canadians go bankrupt from medical costs?

Could you be more ignorant?
    Can't go bankrupt if you die waiting for care. It's a rock solid system of preventing bankruptcies. Yay Canada!

I'm pretty sure people know that if Texas ever seperated, California and New York would be screwed. To assume that Alberta seperation would not be the exact same (and somehow join the USA in some sort of happy kumbaya subservient position) Is just dreamin.

If the USA wants to push Alberta seperation, beforewarned. Physical location of natgas means turning off the tap is as simple as Putin.

This also means that in order for Alberta to have a successful seperation, I would not do it unless Alberta had adequate anti-air defenses (made by China or Europe) for when the USA turns and tries to subjugate. Alberta would need to spend a few Billys to ensure the USA did not start a bombing campaign to take over Alberta oilfields.

Notes: June natgas futures $9 US.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-25-2022 at 06:46 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...a-first-nation

I think this will be the one major problem with #albertaseparation

Unknowingly, or knowingly, the Federal government manages to have massive control over our provinces by effectively being the "managers" of native land. How secession works while having effectively Federal jurisdiction lands (yea yea, "its owned by the natives") inside the idea of a nation of Alberta seems intractable.

Unless we just forcibly remove all of them. People like gwill would blow a gasket at any such idea, even though it is how the world has worked since forever.

I've always found it interesting that somehow by the fact of having been born somewhere, native's get land, while being born as Canadian entitles me to no land whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Canada is a lost cause. It needs to be erased.

Best case scenario is the Americans just Anex us and we start over
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post

I've always found it interesting that somehow by the fact of having been born somewhere, native's get land, while being born as Canadian entitles me to no land whatsoever.
    Your white privilege is showing. Paying off these “nations” is the only path forward in reconciliation, there is no other way.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Canada is a lost cause. It needs to be erased.

Best case scenario is the Americans just Anex us and we start over
    You need to be erased.

Just move to hickville USA if you love it so much.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Unknowingly, or knowingly, the Federal government manages to have massive control over our provinces by effectively being the "managers" of native land. How secession works while having effectively Federal jurisdiction lands (yea yea, "its owned by the natives") inside the idea of a nation of Alberta seems intractable.

Unless we just forcibly remove all of them. People like gwill would blow a gasket at any such idea, even though it is how the world has worked since forever.

They also have federal control over the national parks and DND bases.. but those are a lot less racist to bring up.... 'get land'. Its not like they're building mansions and selling acreages..
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 06-03-2022 at 08:18 AM.

You really need to check what Quebec has done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    You really need to check what Quebec has done so far.
    Nothing?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-19c3c5fb3d62/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/f...bate-1.2577550
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    They also have federal control over the national parks and DND bases.. but those are a lot less racist to bring up.... 'get land'. Its not like they're building mansions and selling acreages..
    Federal lands are easy enough, they have no value beyond being protected. They cost the fed money, doubtful national parks make the feds any worthwhile amount of cash. Its effectively useless land for them. And easy enough to neogotiate with the fed on a direct fed/provincial level.

Seems awfully racist to me to favour people of one race over another, but hey I get it, Liberals are the racist party of Canada

No, I mean in terms of reducing the influence the Canadian Federal gov't has on them.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    No, I mean in terms of reducing the influence the Canadian Federal gov't has on them.
    Have an outsized population and be the voting base of the Liberal party who kowtows to anything they want?

When Alberta doubles in population size, I guess that will be relevant. The feds would play a much different ballgame with Alberta if we pulled the shit Quebec does.

We still should do those things, part of the reason Kenney was tossed was he said he would and he didn't.

Nothing stopping the provincial govt from forming their own police force, collecting all taxes on behalf of the CRA and opting out of CPP.

My Ride
    ute

Have an outsized population and be the voting base of the Liberal party who kowtows to anything they want?

When Alberta doubles in population size, I guess that will be relevant. The feds would play a much different ballgame with Alberta if we pulled the shit Quebec does.

We still should do those things, part of the reason Kenney was tossed was he said he would and he didn't.
    I appreciate your optimism, but the structure of Canada is not to ensure fair distribution of influence, it is to maintain the status quo of influence. This isn't even a hidden agenda, look at the debate over quebec MP allocation this year and the representation benefits the Atlantic provinces get by choosing to side with Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I appreciate your optimism, but the structure of Canada is not to ensure fair distribution of influence, it is to maintain the status quo of influence. This isn't even a hidden agenda, look at the debate over quebec MP allocation this year and the representation benefits the Atlantic provinces get by choosing to side with Ontario.
    Come on Buster! You made enough money in the real world... Now it is time to give back to us pleebs and get into politics! We need you. For realzzzzz!

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast