Quantcast
Ryzen 3000 Series - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ryzen 3000 Series

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I bought a Mini ITX case and mobos are very few and far between, not to mention expensive, compared to both micro ATX and ATX. You can buy a fully featured ATX X470 board for the same price as a mid-range mITX B450 board.

How do you keep the noise down on your AIO? Or do you make custom loops? AIO's are usually louder than something like a Noctua NH-D15 and if you hide it in a sound deadened case, virtually silent. The only time I can hear my PC is if the fans go to max or if my GPU fan runs at max, and I have to be trying to hear it haha.
    Yeah, the premium is usually quite high. I used to have a corsair aio with (2) nf f12s and ML120s as case fans but then got a reference 1080ti so I went custom. I have a 240 & 360 mm radiators with ML120s, that is all I could fit. It is a sound deadening case so the airflow is not so hot. I just use set RPM, 750 rpm for essentially silent and then 1250 or 1500 rpm for games. Kind of loud then but it is fighting the case. Want to clean up loop and replace case with this case (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77040) where you can pull off the panels to provide more airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Yeah, the premium is usually quite high. I used to have a corsair aio with (2) nf f12s and ML120s as case fans but then got a reference 1080ti so I went custom. I have a 240 & 360 mm radiators with ML120s, that is all I could fit. It is a sound deadening case so the airflow is not so hot. I just use set RPM, 750 rpm for essentially silent and then 1250 or 1500 rpm for games. Kind of loud then but it is fighting the case. Want to clean up loop and replace case with this case (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77040) where you can pull off the panels to provide more airflow.
    Ah cool, I am always curious what people are doing with their PCs.

I use those exact ML fans, I like them. I wanted to try something different than the usual Noctuas that I buy and I thought mag lev was interesting haha. As much as I love that shit-brown color scheme of the Noctuas...

I'm using a Fractal R5 for a case which is sound deadened with asphalt and is almost completely silent. My GPU (TitanX) is a blower design so the heat from it's exhaust doesn't go into the case at all. My CPU is a furnace (Intel too cheap to put a soldered IHS on $800 CPUs) but the fan doesn't need to kick into high gear unless I am bench-marking.

I'll probably swap my main PC for Ryzen as soon as they swap the socket in 2020, assuming they keep the socket the same for 4 generations like AM4. If I can get 16 cores close to 5Ghz with better IPC than Intel for a fraction of the cost, I am all over that.

Lol, I am sure this "leak" is no coincidence after all the glowing reviews/press AMD was getting:

https://wccftech.com/intel-10th-gen-...-socket-rumor/

Still on 14nm though unfortunately so TDPs will be up there. 8-core is in line with AMD pricing but the 10-core is a couple cores short for the price
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-11-2019 at 09:37 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Ah cool, I am always curious what people are doing with their PCs.

I use those exact ML fans, I like them. I wanted to try something different than the usual Noctuas that I buy and I thought mag lev was interesting haha. As much as I love that shit-brown color scheme of the Noctuas...

I'm using a Fractal R5 for a case which is sound deadened with asphalt and is almost completely silent. My GPU (TitanX) is a blower design so the heat from it's exhaust doesn't go into the case at all. My CPU is a furnace (Intel too cheap to put a soldered IHS on $800 CPUs) but the fan doesn't need to kick into high gear unless I am bench-marking.

I'll probably swap my main PC for Ryzen as soon as they swap the socket in 2020, assuming they keep the socket the same for 4 generations like AM4. If I can get 16 cores close to 5Ghz with better IPC than Intel for a fraction of the cost, I am all over that.
    Yeah, I had wanted black noctuas but couldn't find stock so got the MLs. Their performance and sound level is excellent. One got ticking but they replaced it ($20 to ship back though on a $30 fan). I like the newer fractal but they haven't changed enough imo over the years after making one really good design so I will try phanteks. My case has terrible airflow (H440) so I used to even pull the front off so it could breathe better. My 1080ti blower was quite loud and the design was super high °C so I was happy to water cool it. My cpu temps are higher than the should be so I need to clean up my loop and check the cpu block.

It looks like EKWB will have stock of their 5700/XT blocks near the end of the month so no waiting for AIO ones for people who have custom loops. They also have a limited edition one I think for the anniversary model.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2