Quantcast
Watches in Vegas? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Watches in Vegas?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Default Watches in Vegas?

Even with the crappy exchange rate, any places worth looking at in Vegas for good deals on watches? Can be stuff we can't get here easily and/or good deals on Omegas, IWC, Panerai, etc.

Any feedback appreciated, especially if you been to Vegas this year and anything caught your eye.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even with the crappy exchange rate, any places worth looking at in Vegas for good deals on watches? Can be stuff we can't get here easily and/or good deals on Omegas, IWC, Panerai, etc.

Any feedback appreciated, especially if you been to Vegas this year and anything caught your eye.
    There is a TAG outlet if you're into that sort of thing. It's at the outdoor outlet mall. They had some really good prices and some pieces that you can only get at a TAG boutique.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I'm not a watch dude but a friend of mine is a collector of high end watches and dragged me to Horologio in Venetian, he was wet as can be over their selection. Might be worth checking out.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    There is a TAG outlet if you're into that sort of thing. It's at the outdoor outlet mall. They had some really good prices and some pieces that you can only get at a TAG boutique.
    @rage2 I'm in Vegas in a couple of days... What tags are worth looking at. I assume the new Carrera won't be available at an outlet?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

A long time ago I got some great deals at the Movodo outlet store at the outdoor outlet mall.
    Got a Movodo and a Concord for a pretty good deal.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    A long time ago I got some great deals at the Movodo outlet store at the outdoor outlet mall.
    Got a Movodo and a Concord for a pretty good deal.
    I think he is asking for advice on nice watches ...(high end if that came off as Douchey )
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Thanks for the feedback so far all, keep it going
    Buster, can ya give me a heads up if you find anything good!

Interested on rage2's opinion on Tags as well. I would assume the savings if any are nullified from exchange rate unless you go with some really non-popular models.

My Ride
    ute

Interested on rage2's opinion on Tags as well. I would assume the savings if any are nullified from exchange rate unless you go with some really non-popular models.
    Maybe. Americans have better access to "blow out" type of arrangements than Canadians do.

My Ride
    Wristshots

Your point here about savings is pretty well bang-on. If you look at US vs. Canadian pricing and factor for the exchange rate, it works out to be close to the same amount paid for most manufacturers' offerings... and that's before crossing the border and potentially being hit with duties. Some watches are actually available for less in Canada, like IWC, and formerly Cartier (the last price bump here in Canada brought things back to parity).

Where money can be saved is if a dealer gives more than the standard 15-20%. As Buster suggests, sometimes the US dealers could go lower, but, to your point, it will depend on the specific model. An outlet might be good for this. It was a long time ago that I only briefly poked my head into the Tag Heuer outlet, but I'm interested to know if the Seiko Company Store has a decent variety of higher-end Prospex or Presage pieces.

You might be interested in heading to Bellusso to see some A. Lange & Soehne and Greubel Forsey in the metal - only a few dealers in Canada, and not with the widest variety of pieces. There's also a Richard Mille boutique which you definitely won't find in every city.

Let me know if you come across anything great deal wise on Omega or Panerai. I have a few on my radar but not wanting to throw any money away if I don't have to!

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I used to check out the Tag outlet store in Vegas all the time but stopped because their selections had always been crap if you are looking for the more popular models. One time I did see Tag onsale @ Macy's but that was many many years ago.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sorry for the late response. The TAGs that interest me right now are the Heuer 02 GMT and the 2018 Monaco Gulf. The GMT is a great travel watch, while the Gulf Monaco looks awesome. Probably better chance to see GMT at outlet though, as the Gulf Monaco was a boutique only item.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by statick View Post
    Your point here about savings is pretty well bang-on. If you look at US vs. Canadian pricing and factor for the exchange rate, it works out to be close to the same amount paid for most manufacturers' offerings... and that's before crossing the border and potentially being hit with duties. Some watches are actually available for less in Canada, like IWC, and formerly Cartier (the last price bump here in Canada brought things back to parity).

Where money can be saved is if a dealer gives more than the standard 15-20%. As Buster suggests, sometimes the US dealers could go lower, but, to your point, it will depend on the specific model. An outlet might be good for this. It was a long time ago that I only briefly poked my head into the Tag Heuer outlet, but I'm interested to know if the Seiko Company Store has a decent variety of higher-end Prospex or Presage pieces.

You might be interested in heading to Bellusso to see some A. Lange & Soehne and Greubel Forsey in the metal - only a few dealers in Canada, and not with the widest variety of pieces. There's also a Richard Mille boutique which you definitely won't find in every city.
    Speaking of the Seiko Presage pieces, Bezel House here locally has some listed on an extra deal. Worth it or not for what you are looking for is up to you of course, but it is worth a look. Ryan is an awesome guy and will look after you!

https://www.bezelhouse.com/collectio...watches?page=2

My Ride
    Wristshots

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Speaking of the Seiko Presage pieces, Bezel House here locally has some listed on an extra deal. Worth it or not for what you are looking for is up to you of course, but it is worth a look. Ryan is an awesome guy and will look after you!

https://www.bezelhouse.com/collectio...watches?page=2

Thanks for letting me know, I've been meaning to drop in there for a little while now. I was thinking about an enamel dial Presage as a gift for someone, and they're rather nice to see in person.

Which Omega or Panerai is in your sights?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Sorry for the late response. The TAGs that interest me right now are the Heuer 02 GMT and the 2018 Monaco Gulf. The GMT is a great travel watch, while the Gulf Monaco looks awesome. Probably better chance to see GMT at outlet though, as the Gulf Monaco was a boutique only item.
    I checked out the Gulf Monaco in the TAG store in Caesar's (hate that hotel though). I liked the 02 GMT a lot more. The Monaco Gulf was smaller than I thought.

Thanks for letting me know, I've been meaning to drop in there for a little while now. I was thinking about an enamel dial Presage as a gift for someone, and they're rather nice to see in person.

Which Omega or Panerai is in your sights?
    Ryan really is good guy there. I wouldn't hesitate to talk to him!

I am always a Panerai fan. Really anything out of the Luminor 1950 series would make me happy, but the last while I have been hung up on the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean models so now I have that to consider... lol! First world problems!

My Ride
    Wristshots

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Ryan really is good guy there. I wouldn't hesitate to talk to him!

I am always a Panerai fan. Really anything out of the Luminor 1950 series would make me happy, but the last while I have been hung up on the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean models so now I have that to consider... lol! First world problems!
    I’m definitely excited to see that Panerai finally released a reasonably sized Submersible... the 682 at 42mm; I still need to try it in the metal.

With so many manufacturers driving up their MSRPs, in some ways, Omega seems to offer a decent feature set for what one end’s up paying. Even though I’m still not totally satisfied with the bracelets on most newer models (Speedmaster Professional and PloProf being exceptions), the new Seamaster Professional has me a tad bit interested. Although I no longer have it and it was the second generation (8500 cal., not the current Master Co-Axial), the Planet Ocean was the first Omega I bought for myself when it was first release... I definitely enjoyed having it.
    Last edited by statick; 12-14-2018 at 07:08 AM.

I’m definitely excited to see that Panerai finally released a reasonably sized Submersible... the 682 at 42mm; I still need to try it in the metal.

With so many manufacturers driving up their MSRPs, in some ways, Omega seems to offer a decent feature set for what one end’s up paying. Even though I’m still not totally satisfied with the bracelets on most newer models (Speedmaster Professional and PloProf being exceptions), the new Seamaster Professional has me a tad bit interested. Although I no longer have it and it was the second generation (8500 cal., not the current Master Co-Axial), the Planet Ocean was the first Omega I bought for myself when it was first release... I definitely enjoyed having it.
    It is funny you mention the bracelets. I like a bracelet but they are pretty plain to my eye as well. I expect I would be looking for a secondary bracelet not long after buying! lol!