Quantcast
Will Notley Change the Fixed Election Date Law? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Notley Change the Fixed Election Date Law?

edmonton isnt notoriously pro NDP. They had next to no seats before the last election. I'm curious to see how it changes this election. I do think many public sector employees may vote ndp due to their fear that they'd lose their job if the ucp win a majority but arent supportive of the ndp other then that.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

If Jason Kenny wasnt the leader of the PC's they would have my vote. There is something about that guy i just dont trust, he seems sketchy as fuck. I will be voting for another round of NDP sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Minority would likely be best for the next one in my mind. The UCP still needs to realize what year it is..

hoping that the NDP can at least get the Bighorn thing done. If they can get two new parks (Castle and Bighorn), they've done a hell of a lot more then the PCs ever could in 4 years on the outdoor file.
    theres so much to not like about how the ndp are going about the new big horn park. The main issue IMO were the emails that were leaked saying they were skipping consultations and they asked for people not to discuss this. Their purposely rushing the park against their experts own opinions not to but with the election coming they want it done before hand.

How can the ndp cry about the ucp idea to sell crown land and the lack of consultations when their doing the same thing but worst with a MASSIVE new park.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    theres so much to not like about how the ndp are going about the new big horn park. The main issue IMO were the emails that were leaked saying they were skipping consultations and they asked for people not to discuss this. Their purposely rushing the park against their experts own opinions not to but with the election coming they want it done before hand.

How can the ndp cry about the ucp idea to sell crown land and the lack of consultations when their doing the same thing but worst with a MASSIVE new park.
    Because do as I say, not as I do.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Geez. People voting to protect 2-3% of the population from boogeymen when it has no affect on them personally. Yet the masses suffer economically, but who gives a fuck.
    Id be willing to bet more than 2-3% of the population is either gay or a minority. Much higher than that on Beyond alone.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/k...world-aids-day

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ents-1.4046248

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...odin-1.4855795

Allow people like this to represent the party:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ikas-1.4901229

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...otos-1.4858201

Either way, not a group of people I want to be associated with or represented by.
    There seems to be a new occurrence of something like this every month with the UCP.. sure some of it is opposing parties pulling past events.. but it shows a history.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I didn't vote for WR or NDP.

UCP is not PC. At this point, they have not done enough to tell us they are not WR either.

So my vote doesn't matter in this upcoming election as I only agree with less than 50% of each top 2 party stands for.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post

I’d rather have a park with less consultation then the UCP sit on it for another twenty years with no movement. And there’s a pretty big difference between making crown land completely private, and making crown land protected for public use...

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Id be willing to bet more than 2-3% of the population is either gay or a minority. Much higher than that on Beyond alone.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/k...world-aids-day

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ents-1.4046248

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...odin-1.4855795

Allow people like this to represent the party:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ikas-1.4901229

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...otos-1.4858201

Either way, not a group of people I want to be associated with or represented by.
    There seems to be a new occurrence of something like this every month with the UCP.. sure some of it is opposing parties pulling past events.. but it shows a history.

Putting aside that Mr. Carpay's comments were horribily misrepresented, John Carpay is one of 100,000 members, do we get to attribute every Rachel Notley supporter's views to the NDP party now?

And the UCP candidate you linked to was disqualified by Kenny. If you notice, the UCP, and all of their candiates have explicity condemned racism.

This is the problem with all this leftist propaganda. They start with the assumption that someone is racist, and try and fit whatever they can to make that view fit. Is there any examples of the UCP ever giving any indication that they support racism?

And what rights are they trying to take away? Because if you've been paying attention the last few years, it is our federal and provincial governments who've been trampling on people's rights.

My Ride
    Silverado

I wonder who is an NDP member. Cause they won't tell us.

I wonder who their candidates were, cause again, they won't tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    are more people mad, or are the people that were already mad just more mad? From a vote perspective, if it's the second, that's irrelevant.
    The issue is that A LOT of people that voted NDP last go around, are very mad. Those are votes that will be lost next time.

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    Because if you've been paying attention the last few years, it is our federal and provincial governments who've been trampling on people's rights.
    Which rights are those?

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Which rights are those?
    Free speech is the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Free speech is the big one.
    Is it?

We've got anti-abortion protesters whining that they can't harass people (sorry, 'express their views') within 50m of clinics anymore, what else has trampled on people's right to free speech?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Is it?

We've got anti-abortion protesters whining that they can't harass people (sorry, 'express their views') within 50m of clinics anymore, what else has trampled on people's right to free speech?
    That's actually a great example. People in our society have the right to peacefully demonstrate, and the NDP removed that right. There is actually alot more evidence in Canada of pro-abortion supporters who harass and commit violence against pro-lifers in recent years, does it then follow we ought to ban pro-abortion supporters from peacefully demonstrating on public sidewalks?

How is telling people they can't express their opinion on a public sidewalk, not an infringement on our rights?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Is it?

This is also incorrect, as the NDP moved it to 150m from the 50m it was at.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    That's actually a great example. People in our society have the right to peacefully demonstrate, and the NDP removed that right. There is actually alot more evidence in Canada of pro-abortion supporters who harass and commit violence against pro-lifers in recent years, does it then follow we ought to ban pro-abortion supporters from peacefully demonstrating on public sidewalks?

How is telling people they can't express their opinion on a public sidewalk, not an infringement on our rights?
    They are still allowed to demonstrate, just not right in front of a clinic. Sorry, that's not infringing on your right to protest, it's protecting others from the stupidity of these protests.
    There was 'peaceful protests' blatantly blocking access and 'peacefully' harrasing them on the way to the clinics, forcing people around them. Hell, this makes it cheaper for the taxpayer, as they dont have to go waste court time in constantly getting injunctions.

If this doesn't sum up why I won't vote PC, even while being Pro-oil, i dunno what does..

Is it?

Bill C-16 would be a good place to start looking.

It's either today or tomorrow that your rights guaranteed under section 7, 8, 9 of the charter are officially in violation. They worked that into the weed legalization bill.

My Ride
    Lariat

Funny you mention that teachers will vote NDP. My wife is a teacher and classroom sizes have increased like crazy since NDP got elected. Also there is less support staff around schools now. From what she is telling me, no teacher she knows will be voting NDP in the next election
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Sorry, that's not infringing on your right to protest
    Yes it is. By literal definition of infringement, it is.

, it's protecting others from the stupidity of these protests.
    Protecting them from what? Words?

As mentioned, you're more likely to be accosted by anti-lifers than pro-lifers.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4513068/m...otest-toronto/

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    Funny you mention that teachers will vote NDP. My wife is a teacher and classroom sizes have increased like crazy since NDP got elected. Also there is less support staff around schools now. From what she is telling me, no teacher she knows will be voting NDP in the next election
    If you lined them up, you would be surprised that UCP and NDP (Alberta branch) are the same with may be 2 or 3 issues that separate them.

For me to vote UCP, it's all up to Kenney releasing his plan to get us back in black. That's the only reason to look pass everything else to vote UCP. If that plan is non-existent or not realistic, UCP won't get my vote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast