Quantcast
Dashcam saved me $4500.... Do yourself a favor and get one. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dashcam saved me $4500.... Do yourself a favor and get one.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    bought this on Amazon and installed it on my WRX in September for this exact reason, hopefully I'll never have to use it for claim.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thinking of buying this for my civic
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079P18YRK/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    I've always liked the concept of those but thought they'd be to obvious and targeted for theft... Also the more things in one device the more things that could go wring with it.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Great recommended videos from yours.

Attachment 84292

What 2ch dashcam are you using? Looking to upgrade.
    It's Lukas LK-7950 https://canadadashcam.com/lukas-lk-7...d-dashcam.html which I bought from Costco and has been problem free. Only issue the main camera is a bit big. You can probablly get a smaller and better 2-channel for less money now.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So the screen is always on? That would mess me up so much looking in the rear view.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Glad to know you got the dashcam. Coming slow to a stop at the lights and I was rear ended 2 years ago and had both front and back cameras. Super easy dealing with insurance company with the video. 2 channel dashcam are cheap these days, don't cheap out.

I think the GLA was well built and perhaps exceeding minimum low speed crash test standards. Only had a scuff on a small piece of plastic trim, everything else was solid.

The passenger hitting their head on the dash. Ouch...
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I love how the crackhead in the passenger seat creamed her head on the dashboard lol
    Hahaha, I was just going to say that.

I watched it over and over again. Very satisfying.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    The passenger hitting their head on the dash. Ouch...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '14 Taco

what stop light were you slowing down there for? Isn’t that light only activated for the fire dept?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    what stop light were you slowing down there for? Isn’t that light only activated for the fire dept?
    16 ave/19 st. There was another car right in front of me slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    16 ave/19 st. There was another car right in front of me slowing down.
    Was going to say, that intersection gets pretty backed

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Would have loved to see the douchebags facial expression as soon as you told him you had a dashcam

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    The weird thing is, usually the dashcam tells me when it isn't working. It typically screams "PLEASE CHECK THE SD CARD!!!" non-stop at me as soon as something stops working on it. Not a peep this time.
    What dash cam do you have? At low temperatures does it say check SD card..?
    When its super cold (-20c), mine sometimes says Check SD Card until cabin temperature comes up a bit.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    What dash cam do you have? At low temperatures does it say check SD card..?
    When its super cold (-20c), mine sometimes says Check SD Card until cabin temperature comes up a bit.
    An old Blackvue DR400(?) I had a much newer nicer one that I ended up selling with my 4Runner. Threw this one in my truck just to tide me over while I shopped for a new one, but that bit me in the ass, as I got lazy and forgot.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

So the screen is always on? That would mess me up so much looking in the rear view.
    I have mine set to turn off the screen after 1 minute, and then just a small flashing LED tells me its recording. I had to make it do that, the screen was making my auto dimming mirrors not work because its placed infront of the rearview mirror, where the ambient light sensor is. The screen was making the truck think it was daylight all the time
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I love how the crackhead in the passenger seat creamed her head on the dashboard lol
    I watched the video three times. I laugh harder each time the video gets to that part.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I have a DOD RXW8, the screen shuts off 15 sec after you start the car. I bought mine to be less obvious in the convertible vs a traditional dash cam to steal when I was top down parked.
    Last edited by LilDrunkenSmurf; 12-12-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Funny story...
    I got pulled over for "speeding" on the Stoney few years ago in my WRX. I swear I was only going like 5 km over, as I just pulled out after an AMG SUV and big truck passed by in the left, so I could go around an 18-wheeler. Anyway, it seemed like profiling to me, because the other two vehicles didnt get pulled over. Right after I got my ticket I was thinking 'heh this will be easy to dispute with my dash ca-' and I saw the light wasnt on... I got home and checked the footage, it had died literally 10 minutes before. Talk about bad fockin luck. I ended up going downtown to get it reduced to no points just $$$. Still a kick in the nuts.
    Last edited by tcon; 12-13-2018 at 04:16 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

I had a Compustar 2-way dash cam installed from Visions on my X5M for something like $500. The car kept throwing codes non-stop, specifically high battery discharge every time I would start it up after a long stop. I could turn it off when stopped but that was part of the reason for getting one to make sure no one fucks with it but yea that sign bothered the heck out of me so went back and returned it. They never refunded me for the installation $180 or so and that was a waste. But since that experience I haven't bothered getting them installed in my cars...just can't deal with the codes. That dash cam even had that battery tender or whatever it's called that was supposed to a auto shut it down if it went below a certain level but the code on the car kept coming and it ruined it for me. Would love to get another one done in all 3 vehicles but just can't risk this code nonsense again.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I had a Compustar 2-way dash cam installed from Visions on my X5M for something like $500. The car kept throwing codes non-stop, specifically high battery discharge every time I would start it up after a long stop. I could turn it off when stopped but that was part of the reason for getting one to make sure no one fucks with it but yea that sign bothered the heck out of me so went back and returned it. They never refunded me for the installation $180 or so and that was a waste. But since that experience I haven't bothered getting them installed in my cars...just can't deal with the codes. That dash cam even had that battery tender or whatever it's called that was supposed to a auto shut it down if it went below a certain level but the code on the car kept coming and it ruined it for me. Would love to get another one done in all 3 vehicles but just can't risk this code nonsense again.
    What other codes was it throwing?

Sounds like the car is able to detect parasitic drains or you were draining the battery way down (if you were doing something like leaving it on for a week). I haven’t compared the power draw but I’m guessing it would be similar to leaving a domelight on constantly.

Even with the battery saver IMO they aren’t really meant as surveillance cameras, especially in the winter that would be a bad idea

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    I've always liked the concept of those but thought they'd be to obvious and targeted for theft... Also the more things in one device the more things that could go wring with it.
    It is less obvious than an external dash cam hanging on your windshield.
    And it is not a complicated device, I treat it as a dashcam with rear view mirror, it gets power from a power plug and the rear cam is only one wire.
    There's a red wire that you connect to your reverse tail light so that the rear cam turns on your rear view mirror when reversing but on mine it doesn't work, no big deal as I'm used to reversing and can always tap on the mirror to see the rear cam

The screen turns on for 15 or 30 seconds when you start your car then turns off, so it just acts as a regular rear view mirror.
    But you can always tap on the mirror to view the screen or take a picture or stop recording when you end up on an accident.
    Also the dash cam has an internal battery with motion sensor so that while parked outside and someone hits you, it turns on quickly and take a picture or video.

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    BMWs tell you when there is a drain on the battery. The compustar basically stays on until it reaches a voltage set point. Either way, the BMW will sense that the battery voltage is lower than when the car shut down and give you that warning. There's really no way around that if you want a dash cam with parking mode.

On the other hand, your xB would have no issues with that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast