Quantcast
Las Vegas Night Life - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Las Vegas Night Life

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Most people using these have nothing at all to do with this. I know many people who are active on social media. I know none of them getting paid, or even interested in being paid, or even considering using their profile for marketing. I get people who use it to earn money, but that isn't most people, and it's those ones that I don't get.
    Oh I gotcha. I don't get it either these girls and stuff that think it is some sort of celebrity status to have 5000 followers just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    I’m guessing you don’t like Michelin star restaurants
    correct, not much interest in those, but I don't appreciate food like most people, and think you get diminishing returns after a certain price point

or high end hotels
    I'm not sure what you consider high end hotels, but I like clean hotels, and while I do like getting free upgrades (I get them often, due to frequent work travel and loyalty status) I would never pay extra for it. I've stayed in some of the high end suites in vegas (like the "hangover" suite, playboy suite) and sure it was neat, but I don't understand paying for it unless you're hosting a party or something (as opposed to pretending to be important).

or anything that costs money for a unique experience?
    now that is a different story. Something like $6k on heli skiing, or $15k to go to Antarctica, that kind of thing I totally get. Or even people who spent $250k to get a ticket to go to space. That's buying a unique experience. But paying people to pretend to give a damn about me? Is there more to it than that that I'm missing?

I occasionally pay for first class when it's only a modest upgrade, mostly just for the room, and I find it super weird when the flight crew kisses your ass there too.

I gather that you either really enjoy the experience, or don't give a shit about spending money, or maybe a bit of both.

My Ride
    BMW 750i MSport

correct, not much interest in those, but I don't appreciate food like most people, and think you get diminishing returns after a certain price point

I'm not sure what you consider high end hotels, but I like clean hotels, and while I do like getting free upgrades (I get them often, due to frequent work travel and loyalty status) I would never pay extra for it. I've stayed in some of the high end suites in vegas (like the "hangover" suite, playboy suite) and sure it was neat, but I don't understand paying for it unless you're hosting a party or something (as opposed to pretending to be important).

now that is a different story. Something like $6k on heli skiing, or $15k to go to Antarctica, that kind of thing I totally get. Or even people who spent $250k to get a ticket to go to space. That's buying a unique experience. But paying people to pretend to give a damn about me? Is there more to it than that that I'm missing?

I occasionally pay for first class when it's only a modest upgrade, mostly just for the room, and I find it super weird when the flight crew kisses your ass there too.

I gather that you either really enjoy the experience, or don't give a shit about spending money, or maybe a bit of both.
    As long as you are happy thatís all that matters.

Everyone enjoys different things.

No. Most people using these have nothing at all to do with this. I know many people who are active on social media. I know none of them getting paid, or even interested in being paid, or even considering using their profile for marketing. I get people who use it to earn money, but that isn't most people, and it's those ones that I don't get.
    Those people you know are the ones who probably follow at least 1 person getting paid/earning money/building a brand.

My Ride
    2013 Q5

My Ride
    2016 Golf TSi

As long as you are happy that’s all that matters.

Everyone enjoys different things.
    Humans seem to have a hard time understanding this.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    From now on

A stack = $100k lol

My Ride
    One from Affalterbach and Louisville

I’m guessing you don’t like Michelin star restaurants, or high end hotels, or anything that costs money for a unique experience?
    you don't need to spend money for a unique experience.

$14 for a meal here: https://favy-jp.com/topics/790

Michelin star rated restaurant that makes you wait outside in line like peasant. haha. It was really good and worth the wait for me. But that might not be everyone's cup of tea. My mother and my mother in law certainly hated it. They said $14 is too much for ichiban noodles. haha

For me, a unique experience is more about who you are with, rather than what you are doing and how much it cost. Don't get me wrong, I like nice things. Nice things don't necessarily make the experience better.

My Ride
    R8, TTRS, VW BUS, E30 VERT, RAM

Haters gonna hate

No truer words have been spoken

My Ride
    BMW 750i MSport

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    you don't need to spend money for a unique experience.

$14 for a meal here: https://favy-jp.com/topics/790

Michelin star rated restaurant that makes you wait outside in line like peasant. haha. It was really good and worth the wait for me. But that might not be everyone's cup of tea. My mother and my mother in law certainly hated it. They said $14 is too much for ichiban noodles. haha

For me, a unique experience is more about who you are with, rather than what you are doing and how much it cost. Don't get me wrong, I like nice things. Nice things don't necessarily make the experience better.
    Some people like ichiban, some people like Foie gras, everyone is different.

Reservations, never had to wait.

Absolutely. Just so happens the experiences we want in Vegas cost a lot haha.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

You'll enjoy life more by focusing on your own shit instead of criticizing other people.

But paying people to pretend to give a damn about me? Is there more to it than that that I'm missing?
    As it's been mentioned numerous times now. Yes there is something you're missing. Since the price of going in and paying by the drink works out to about the same price, it's a lot nicer to have a spot to sit and not have elbows in your face every where. Not have to wait in line just to order a drink. Etc. It's a luxury service. It's especially great if you're in the bar to actually see some sort of performance or show. Because generally you're going to have a shitty view of things if you're not in prime seating with bottle service.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    As it's been mentioned numerous times now. Yes there is something you're missing. Since the price of going in and paying by the drink works out to about the same price, it's a lot nicer to have a spot to sit and not have elbows in your face every where. Not have to wait in line just to order a drink. Etc. It's a luxury service. It's especially great if you're in the bar to actually see some sort of performance or show. Because generally you're going to have a shitty view of things if you're not in prime seating with bottle service.
    Ah, guess I missed that before. That makes total sense. I suppose it's like getting a big enough group to get a skybox at an arena when it isn't that much more than tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    You'll enjoy life more by focusing on your own shit instead of criticizing other people.
    Doubtful, I'm on here right now because I'm procrastinating my own shit due to how unenjoyable it is. Shitting on other people is way more enjoyable than powerpoint.

Kidding, kind of.

My Ride
    2016 Golf TSi

Ovie or Sid?
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    From now on

A stack = $100k lol

Ah, guess I missed that before. That makes total sense. I suppose it's like getting a big enough group to get a skybox at an arena when it isn't that much more than tickets.

Doubtful, I'm on here right now because I'm procrastinating my own shit due to how unenjoyable it is. Shitting on other people is way more enjoyable than powerpoint.

Kidding, kind of.
    Also, at places like Spearmint Rhino, the hotter girls will be around bottle service more, because they assume you are there to spend money. The wife and I will just grab a bottle when we go, then she doesn't have to go walking around rounding up the lookers to bring them over for dances.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5