Quantcast
Escape from Tarkov - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Escape from Tarkov

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Escape from Tarkov

These games always appeal to me, open world eastern European based chaotic/apocalyptic environments. Picking up random loot to create a character.

FMV:

Action gameplay:

Loot/inventory:

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, “savage” Tarkov locals - Scavs flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.

The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.
    Developer is from Russia, some of the team are ex-STALKER employees. Looks like DayZ but a lot more detailed, between the environment, weapons and animations I think this will be a really good game. Seems to be 2 factions in the city (wonder how big it'll be), a western PMC, Russian PMC and possibly the general gangs of civilians taking up arms.

Most impressive imo so far besides the environment is the sheer detail in the ballistics department, weapon jams based on weapon quality, manual use of the charging handle to clear jams and FTEs/FTFs, you can even run around with an AK minus its receiving cover and it'll still function:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

Release date is sometime this year on PC.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

This looks awesome. Nice to see a mil-spec game that doesnt involve zombies or super futuristic stuff. Ill steam this this one for sure.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Grimace

This looks pretty cool and a much more interesting concept than the 100000 open world games on steam.

I like the idea of the factions

The problem I've ALWAYS had with these open world games is it was never immersive because it just turned into a version of death match.

See player - don't help , just kill them.

Annoying.

I want to run across people and help them , and then running across another group (opposing faction) and getting into a fire fight would be a blast.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Just finished STALKER: Call of Pripyat, this game has similarities to it(gun jamming, etc) might have to pick it up.

The first STALKER game is probably the most engaging game I've ever played. I dont know what it was, the atmosphere, the music, the people you ran across (random Rangers sitting by a fire playing the guitar), was just incredible.

I remember the first time fighting one of those psychic mutants (The Controller) , made me shit my pants. His attack was unlikely anything ive experienced in an FPS up to that point - he basically controls your brain, and your camera flashes to him when he assaults you. You can't run from him - you need to kill him as fast as possible. The only thing broadcasting his next attack is the ringing you hear in your ears from the sound.

Incredible monster design

Or poltergeist enemies fucking with you

She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

More good nostalgia to this game

Bloodsucker lair (skip to 4:00 min)

My nerves were on HUGE edge for this part.

Those that haven't played the game, the Bloodsuckers turn invisible and you just see their eyes before you die

(Skip to 2:40 in this clip)

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Wow, this looks nice! Reminds me off the original Rainbow Six game.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

As the comments state in YT, besides the foliage looking like it's sped up on the server side, it's looking pretty awesome imo, hit mechanics are dependent on bullet hit location i.e: critical organs hit are instant death unless immediately dealt with. I'm ready to run around an abandoned Russian city wreaking havoc

The gun mechanics/sounds and mods are

Dev Stream, real action starts at around 13:45:

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Bringing this back up from the dead. Just curious if any of you guys are playing this? I'm neck deep in this game and it's taking over all my free time!

The gameplay is amazing! So in depth in terms of damage, looting, losing gear etc!? Loving every aspect of the game. It totally forces you to be smarter when you play. Run n gun style is almost suicidal.

Hit me up with ur in game name, let's do some raids!

I'm CtrlAltDie in Tarkov and Discord.

Like a butter... Lol