Quantcast
Game Recommendation - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Game Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really enjoyed playing Frostpunk. Quite challenging but really well made.

Bought Jurasic Park Evolution on Steam for 15$.
    Jurassic Park Evolution is great! for 15 bucks you cant go wrong.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I'd suggest Path of Exile. The fact that it's completely free to play and substantial new content is added every 3 months is astonishing to me. They listen to their player base as well and it's one of the most polished games I've ever played.

It's basicaly like Diablo, but instead of being a horrible game from a horrible company, it does everything right with exponentially more playability and zero "grind". I've been playing it for the last 1.5 years or so and still does not get old Very easy to hop on, hop off too, no commitment.

As for the strategy component, there are almost unlimited viable ways to build and optimize. Single player is amazing, and you have the option to completely be "solo self found" so you never play with anyone else and you can't trade, if you wish. Good story, and an unlimited amount of stuff to do, yet all very easy to understand. Honestly one of the best games I've ever played. The only purchases you can make are purely cosmetic or quality of life (i.e. additional stash tabs) - they are cheap, and they do not push them at all.
    Path of Exile will frustrate the living shit out of most people. The customization is way to much and is more for a hardcore gamer than a casual gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Path of Exile will frustrate the living shit out of most people. The customization is way to much and is more for a hardcore gamer than a casual gamer.
    I'm not sure I would agree with that as I am a VERY casual gamer (I don't have nearly the time to play as I did when I was a teenager) and I find it very easy to understand. Several of my friends picked it up recently and the learning curve was very short for them. A couple of my friends GF's who aren't 'gamers' even play it from time to time and they are doing just fine. Also none of the in-depth stuff is necessary, so you only need to learn as much as you want if you find it at all overwhelming or frustrating. You can do as much or as little as you want with regards to the customization, which is part of the beauty of the game. You can just look up a build and follow it to the tee and you hardly have to know a thing about the game beyond clicking a mouse if you wish. There are end-game viable builds that cost almost nothing (not real money). The information resources are also excellent, such as the POE Wiki if you need to quickly look something up. I play it specifically because it doesn't have a big learning curve and because I can hop on, hop off so easily and most aspects are very intuitive - I don't have time for a big investment in games anymore. My friends and I like it because it can be as simple or as in-depth as you want and you can still have fun all the way to the end of the game without a significant time commitment.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Dark Souls is my #1.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by B69 View Post
    Jurassic Park Evolution is great! for 15 bucks you cant go wrong.
    Yeah I've played through most of it. I thought it would get old quick but it's actually quite interesting and the multi-island scenarios are pretty neat too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2