Quantcast
Robot vacuum - which do you use? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Robot vacuum - which do you use?

Default Robot vacuum - which do you use?

Just bought a Roomba 980 and Eufy 11s to try out..wondering which one's you guys use and if you like them.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I had the 980 for a year now and love it. The right wheel died on me about several weeks ago and they send me a new one. It's pretty easy to replace and it's not even that expensive if I had to buy it. Mine is on schedule clean twice a week normally and 3 times a week when the doggie blows out. I don't care much about the auto-emptying of the new i7 but the new room mapping is nice.

My Ride
    4x4

I have an old 5 series upgraded via 3d printer and esp32 addition.

I am working on a tracked version with a cyclonic filter that'll work better on my dog hair scenario than the Roomba that I can add features to that the Roomba won't accommodate

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

We got a Bissell Smart clean last winter and its been amazing. Drop off detection works great so it wont go down stairs and just needs one blocker in our house.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bissell-SmartC.../dp/B0126C99PQ

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Good thread. The i7 is the only one I would consider because I don't want to empty the damn thing all the time by myself, but the requirement for bags (at $5 a pop) is a huge turn off, so I will wait until other brands come out with something similar, and bag free. The Shark Ion cleaning system with that secondary handle vac seems good, but they should have really used the handle vac to empty the robot vac, could have hit two birds with one stone.

I've been using a Dyson 360 for the last year roughly. Works well for us.

Deebot n79. Works great and a fraction of the price when on sale, we paid $290.

My wife and I started looking into these but I can't decide between the 960 and the 980. Read a lot of reviews and I am not sure the extra cost is worth it. Same camera, nav and app system on both, and 75min runtime should be plenty for my upstairs. Only have hardwood on the main level so the carpet booster seems wasted. Its only $200 difference, but seems wasted in my application. They sure have come along way though, and I love the wifi mode and cleaning maps.

My Ride
    M3P

I had a deebot n81 pro. It was great but died just before warranty was up. They replaced it with a deebot 901.

It lacks many features like being able to control remotely however you can set up digital barriers (works 50% of the time) and see where it has vacuumed or watch where it is vacuuming from the app.

It also gives push notifications if it’s off the floor or has issues. You have to Manually correct however instead of being able to take control from the app

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:19 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife and I started looking into these but I can't decide between the 960 and the 980. Read a lot of reviews and I am not sure the extra cost is worth it. Same camera, nav and app system on both, and 75min runtime should be plenty for my upstairs. Only have hardwood on the main level so the carpet booster seems wasted. Its only $200 difference, but seems wasted in my application. They sure have come along way though, and I love the wifi mode and cleaning maps.
    The 980 is on sale until Jan 3rd for $799, perhaps that will make it easier to make that decision...the 960 is on sale as well though..so the struggle is real.

I was going to buy the 980...but then the i7 came out...and 980 is a few years old now...so it's buying old tech now..so i will just wait it out myself and see. The small bin on all of these robot vacs is a big turn off.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    The 980 is on sale until Jan 3rd for $799, perhaps that will make it easier to make that decision...the 960 is on sale as well though..so the struggle is real.

I was going to buy the 980...but then the i7 came out...and 980 is a few years old now...so it's buying old tech now..so i will just wait it out myself and see. The small bin on all of these robot vacs is a big turn off.
    I'm currently waiting on an i7 sale but without the bin. I can live without the self emptying feature I just wanted the i7 over the 980 so I can clean each room individually without having to have multiple virtual walls.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    I'm currently waiting on an i7 sale but without the bin. I can live without the self emptying feature I just wanted the i7 over the 980 so I can clean each room individually without having to have multiple virtual walls.
    After watching this video...I am not sure wtf is up with the i7

I almost bought a 980 a week ago seeing as they are down to $800 (actually they flashed at $760 yesterday). Then I started looking at the DEEBOT N79S at $330. I just can't tell if the Roomba is worth 2.5x more?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    I almost bought a 980 a week ago seeing as they are down to $800 (actually they flashed at $760 yesterday). Then I started looking at the DEEBOT N79S at $330. I just can't tell if the Roomba is worth 2.5x more?
    I looked at a few different brands and almost pulled the trigger as well, but at the end of the day I never did. I am strongly thinking about the 980 right now after reading this review vs the i7 https://robotbox.net/roomba-i7-vs-roomba-980/ The much reduced battery on the i7 is surprising.

I think all other brands use normal brushes like a standard vac, but the higher end Roomba use these rubber rollers, apparently they work better and don't get hair tangled up in them. My worry is always reading the reviews and seeing (worked great...for 3 month..then no support). Seen these types of reviews a bunch of times which turns me off from lesser known Chinese brands. There are good youtube videos showing different robovacs and their performance, and looking at some of the navigation videos is really eye opening. Lots of cheap brands (including cheap Roombas) just run around and bump into things without rhyme or reason.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Bought my wife a Roomba 677 with the wifi and one virtual wall from Costco. It has been great to use on the main floor with hardwood. We have two cats and 2 kids 7 and 4 so lots of crumbs and cat hair around. We have been really impressed with what it can do even after Christmas dinner with lots of other kids and adults making a mess on the floor. Nice to see it working as I was very skeptical about getting one due to the cost when we have a great central vac system in the house as well. I now see the appeal with these robot vacuums. Still not sure about spending on the higher models that are double in price but for what I got this for I would definitely recommend it. Best Christmas gift for the wife/family ever....

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

$50 coupon on this one, plus 8% ebates now. I have no personal experience with it though.
    https://www.amazon.ca/ILIFE-Robotic-...7738976&sr=8-6

My Ride
    Grimace

I saw this video on reddit:

After this I am going to look at a Neato.

So far i'm pretty impressed with the roomba 980, the amount it picks up and the way it navigates around a floor/room is better than I expected.

Ill do a proper comparison next week. Let the roomba 980 and Eufy 11s vacuum the neglected basement for 30min, see how much they collect. Then I'll go over the area with my upright vacuum (shark navigator) and see what leftovers that picks up. Expecting the Roomba to out perform it, but we'll see if its worth the $600 difference.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    I looked at a few different brands and almost pulled the trigger as well, but at the end of the day I never did. I am strongly thinking about the 980 right now after reading this review vs the i7 https://robotbox.net/roomba-i7-vs-roomba-980/ The much reduced battery on the i7 is surprising.

I think all other brands use normal brushes like a standard vac, but the higher end Roomba use these rubber rollers, apparently they work better and don't get hair tangled up in them. My worry is always reading the reviews and seeing (worked great...for 3 month..then no support). Seen these types of reviews a bunch of times which turns me off from lesser known Chinese brands. There are good youtube videos showing different robovacs and their performance, and looking at some of the navigation videos is really eye opening. Lots of cheap brands (including cheap Roombas) just run around and bump into things without rhyme or reason.
    Im looking at that Roomba too. Inn particular the floor mapping.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast