Quantcast
Portfolio - monthly luxury vehicle subscription - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Portfolio - monthly luxury vehicle subscription

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i like the idea, but that is a really weak fleet offering and there aren't even any real performance cars other than the base model cayman, which is great but pretty low-tier in the world of exclusive sports cars. No big amg's, m, or rs models. And base model for the s-class wtf haha. I feel like if people were so loaded they had money to burn for something like this, they wouldn't want such mediocre (relatively speaking) cars.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Have your lease payments hit $2500 yet?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Have your lease payments hit $2500 yet?
    Far from it. But I would seriously consider this if it was available for us and if they had better, actual proper sports cars.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

This is probably fleet coverage. Car2go and also any company I have had to drive a vehicle with require abstracts to be pulled, and the average quality of the driver pool is a factor in dictating rates

My Ride
    ute

If we look at what the leasing price of these is, and what the pricing of their service is, it seems that they are probably making about $500 or so in GP per vehicle a month. Might be more, but $500 is a round number. So each vehicle is $6000 in GP per year. If you have 50 vehicles, that's only $300,000 in GP per year. But I doubt they have 50 vehicles.

No doubt there is a premium compared to leasing for the 'privilege' of swapping cars around, but they picked a fleet such that I don't think it really matters what you pick haha. There is little incentive to swap cars with that fleet. It's all so boring and almost everything is a base model. I'd also guess those cars get beat on like crazy, so unless they are replaced every year they are probably really rough samples.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    If we look at what the leasing price of these is, and what the pricing of their service is, it seems that they are probably making about $500 or so in GP per vehicle a month. Might be more, but $500 is a round number. So each vehicle is $6000 in GP per year. If you have 50 vehicles, that's only $300,000 in GP per year. But I doubt they have 50 vehicles.
    Assuming they're operating at 100% capacity, which would make flipping almost impossible.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Assuming they're operating at 100% capacity, which would make flipping almost impossible.
    Exactly. There needs to be enough 'slack' to make it work.

Edit - 50 units doesn't seem like it would be nearly enough to make sense of this from any side.

I know a dealer group in the US that's offering a similar subscription business. Well the subscription business is seemingly profitable, believe it or not, their main motivation for doing it is to pump their sales numbers to the manufacturer. There are all kinds of incentives dealerships get for hitting or exceeding certain sales targets. So much so, that at the right scale, the incentives from the manufacturers would financially dwarf the subscription business...
    Last edited by you&me; 01-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    Exactly. There needs to be enough 'slack' to make it work.
    I wonder what “slack” vs offering inducements to people to swap looks like... or perhaps the better model is adding a new enticing model which would function as a hybrid of the two?

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I just mean in any subscription or sharing model, there needs to be some excess capacity.

Portfolio isn't going to have 50 members and just 50 vehicles.

My Ride
    ute

Ya I was just pulling numbers from my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Depends what your winter and summer cars are. Sure, if you buy brand new cars at MSRP that depreciate like rocks and have tons of issues with them it might be. Find slightly used cars that don't tend to depreciate as much and you should never end up seeing over $25k/year go out the window with depreciation and maintenance.
    2 car payments of 800$(which isn't even much of a car nowadays) each, plus insurance, and you're basically there. Obviously it depends on someones situation, but it's not far fetched to see how someone could be paying this sort of money out on average already.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I think some are missing the point. You obviously don't go into a program like this when you want value for money. Most dont have 2500 in total vehicle expense a month.
    An Audi S6 would run you around 1700 for a 36 month lease on 25k a year, plus say 200-300 for insurance that'd put you at close to 2K not including maintenance. I dont think the number is as outrageous as some thinks. Hell I've seen people lose more money trading in a car within a year lose more than the extra $500 a month on any lease.

- - - Updated - - -

I mentioned it in the Porsche service thread, but for those that maintain 2 cars here (one for winter and one for summer) this is way cheaper.
    exactly, i know a lot of people that have this setup.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:27 PM.

I just realized this was a thread. I am one of the 1st apart of this program. So if anyone wants to fire me questions about it. Lemme know!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by JAYMEZ View Post
    I just realized this was a thread. I am one of the 1st apart of this program. So if anyone wants to fire me questions about it. Lemme know!
    Would they take on high risk drivers like some 19 yr old Chinese student just landed?

How often can you switch? Is there a waiting list? I have seen 1st hand how gross car sharing can be with Car2Go, any penalty to members who can't keep the car clean and damage free?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-09-2019 at 10:19 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Would you be willing to pay more to get the same service but the higher trim levels of these cars.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

On that topic. How loaded are the cars?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Haha I am not to sure about high risk drivers. I can switch unlimited because I was the first book. I believe its 4 times a month. You use an App and say what activity you wish to do and then it matches you with the proper cars... So far I have used the mercedes S class and just flipped into a brand new Porsche Macan S (has 90kms on it) .. Its pretty handy so far.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

oh shit, forgot you're in van now. thanks for bringing the thread back on topic.

so you dont get the pick the specific car? it matches up for you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3