Quantcast
Overnight parts from Japan?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Overnight parts from Japan??

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Overnight parts from Japan??

Haha, never thought I would use that phrase, but I may have a real situation soon when I may need to ship a letter TO Japan as soon as possible out of Canada. What is the fastest possible way to ship a simple letter to Japan, cost is not an issue (no i will not fly or pay to fly someone there, I mean common courier services). I looked online and seems like UPS can do it in 3 days, Canada Post in 5, any other, even faster options? It's a very time sensitive document which would save me about $2k if it arrives on time and a whole lot of stress, so I am looking for a guaranteed service. I may need this sometime in the Feb 7 to 27th time frame.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Purolator has a two business days garantee to Japan. Would suspect other couriers have similar. Not sure anything faster is available. Whatcha sending? Sounds fascinating.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Pretty sure fed ex has overnight delivery, would just call them to find out how fast they Canada to Japan.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Haha, never thought I would use that phrase, but I may have a real situation soon when I may need to ship a letter TO Japan as soon as possible out of Canada. What is the fastest possible way to ship a simple letter to Japan, cost is not an issue (no i will not fly or pay to fly someone there, I mean common courier services). I looked online and seems like UPS can do it in 3 days, Canada Post in 5, any other, even faster options? It's a very time sensitive document which would save me about $2k if it arrives on time and a whole lot of stress, so I am looking for a guaranteed service. I may need this sometime in the Feb 7 to 27th time frame.

If you have future dates secured I would get somebody like a lawyer to hold it in trust. When you need it just call him up and say deliver it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    4x4

One of those times DHL would work isn't it?

That's who we used to use to bring stuff from Japan for reasonable $

My Ride

Thanks guys, it's actually much less fascinating than it sounds. My wife and I are going to Japan, we screwed up and didn't realize her PR card will expire 9 days before we are to be back to Canada. We applied for a new PR card already, it's been received by Canada Immigration on December 11th, but given the short amount of time we have left, it's doubtful it will arrive on time before we leave. By my estimates we might receive it mid way through out trip, at which point my parents can ship it to us over to Japan. If we have our PR card we can both go back home on our previously scheduled flight, all is good, if we don't, I will pretty much have to travel back by myself and my wife will have to reschedule for a different flight through Seattle, at which point I will have to come home, sleep, jump in the car and drive the 14 hours to Seattle to pick her up, as she is able to enter USA as a visitor and than is able to enter Canada without the PR card as they can verify her PR status at the boarder. The issue is the airline, they won't fly her to Canada without her PR card, guess it's against the law or someshit, very frustrating.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    Pretty sure fed ex has overnight delivery, would just call them to find out how fast they Canada to Japan.
    + 1. Only Fed Ex. They are the only good one.
    Fuk UPS, Purolator , DHL, Canada Fuktards. In no particular order....
    But after this Xmas and still getting nothing since early Dec. their useless no existent support I will carrier pigeon letters before using Canada P and Purolator. Ok Iam done.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bourge73 View Post
    + 1. Only Fed Ex. They are the only good one.
    Fuk UPS, Purolator , DHL, Canada Fuktards. In no particular order....
    But after this Xmas and still getting nothing since early Dec. their useless no existent support I will carrier pigeon letters before using Canada P and Purolator. Ok Iam done.
    Interesting, good to know. I will drop by and find out how much it would cost, line all the info up so I can have it for my parents should things end up playing out this way.

I kind of cringe to know how much it would cost....cost us $52 to send a simple letter (normally $1 stamp by Canada post) by FedEx, and that arrived on the 4th business day, overnight to Japan is going to hurt, but hurt a lot less than a new ticket for the wife. We will see. I will report back on my updates.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'll fly to Japan. Loading up my Suica card right now.

Re: Purolator

If you know someone with a student card, they offer 40% discounts to cardholders. Good luck!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

It'll be $100 for 2 day delivery. They don't have overnight from here to Japan.

DHL is 3 business days and it would be $35 for an envelope if you find someone with a discounted account.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

As everyone has mentioned there really isn't an overnight express option from Japan, unless you have someone flying from Japan with your parcels. At one point I was doing "overnight express" from J's Racing and it was average 2-3 days depending on CBSA or our broker

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by shadowz View Post
    As everyone has mentioned there really isn't an overnight express option from Japan, unless you have someone flying from Japan with your parcels. At one point I was doing "overnight express" from J's Racing and it was average 2-3 days depending on CBSA or our broker
    Wonder how they did it in the greatest, most realistic, car documentary ever, doubt they would exaggerate it, perhaps USA is served better.

My Ride
    Exploded.

They had someone bring it like a parts mule.

I'm ready lol

Wonder how they did it in the greatest, most realistic, car documentary ever, doubt they would exaggerate it, perhaps USA is served better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Overnight to Los Angeles is probably close to realistic. Or 24h service anyway. For us, the airplane bringing the parts is landing in LA or Vancouver, and the package is being swapped onto another plane to get here. That extra messing around adds 12-24h minimum.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    I'll fly to Japan. Loading up my Suica card right now.

Re: Purolator

If you know someone with a student card, they offer 40% discounts to cardholders. Good luck!
    Fuck, I wish I knew that years ago.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Figure I update this thread, with nothing useful, but the fact that we got my wife's PR card just today, one week before out trip! Would have been sooner if it wasn't for Canada Immigration sending it to 3## Everglade Way, Kanata On, instead of 3## Everglen Rise, Calgary, AB...I don't even know how the hell they make that mistake, everything was types in into a PDF form on a computer! Tracked the person who lives in the Kanata address, a realtor out of Ottawa, and after providing some proof, had her forward the mail to me, it arrived at her home last Thursday Found her info selling a bike online on a Kijiji-like type of site