Quantcast
Is this a good deal ? - 2017 Merc GLC43 AMG - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Is this a good deal ? - 2017 Merc GLC43 AMG

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I didn't. I gave him an Offer of 2K down payment and he throws in the winter tires and he covers the transfer fee. He declined and he wants me to cover the transfer fee. So that is where that is.
    I also found this,
    https://www.leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=271948
    He is down from 8K to 6K. I offered him 4K down.
    That is a almost a full 3 year lease, I thought you wanted something short term? That being said, you do want a Macan eventually, so perhaps if you end up with that you don't need to order a new one. Good luck with the search man, you got the right idea. For example, my brother took over someone's lease on a 440 M Performance Edition that was a year up. The guy paid my brother $13K cash to take over the lease. I mean you really can't go wrong with that. If I could just stop with the constant damn switching, I'd like to get into this just taking over other people's leases routine and you can could save and sometimes even make $ easily. You rarely will lose it that way.

As a side note, I always thought Porsche's lease or finance terribly, but that Macan GTS lease does not seem too bad at all. That is really weird cause I went with a colleague who leased a Macan S last year and I am sure he's paying more than that monthly with only 8K km's a year. Yea, he didn't put any down, but how much of a difference could $8K down make anyway.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 01-08-2019 at 11:54 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Fair enough, but a lot of people do treat them like rentals. Most of the lease returns I've looked at through dealers are VERY rough (by my standards anyway), especially if it's a performance car. If there is a chance you might buy it out at the end or try to flip it, then for sure you would probably treat it like you owned it. If you knew you were just giving it back though, there is far less incentive to put in any effort or do anything above the minimum because you won't see anything back from that. You can even park wherever you want and not worry about door dings because damage under a credit card size is usually "wear and tear". No need to plug it in for the winter or drive it easy when it's cold or obey break-in periods or anything like that. No point in getting 3M or anything either, so that saves a bit of money too. Hit it with the broom/brush at the wash bays too or take it through contact wash bays - no problem.
    That is true. I know I am not keeping mine so I didn't bother with 3M, whereas when I bought my M3, I pretty much 3M'ed the whole darn thing. Other than that tho, I still am careful about where I park, how I drive, what fuel I put into the car etc. But I agree, average person probably won't care much if it's leased and they know they are just going to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    That is true. I know I am not keeping mine so I didn't bother with 3M, whereas when I bought my M3, I pretty much 3M'ed the whole darn thing. Other than that tho, I still am careful about where I park, how I drive, what fuel I put into the car etc. But I agree, average person probably won't care much if it's leased and they know they are just going to get out of it.
    I ended up babying my lease because the residual is $4-5K less than market value will be when I'm done. I'm either going to sell it to recoup the difference, or see if the dealer will meet me in the middle, which is most likely. Based on how everything plays out with my current lease, that will determine how I go about my next one. If the dealer offers me most of the value back, my next lease will not be babied in the slightest. If I end up having to buy it out and sell privately to maximize value, I will probably keep doing what I am doing while enjoying the zero-risk perks of leasing.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    That is a almost a full 3 year lease, I thought you wanted something short term? That being said, you do want a Macan eventually, so perhaps if you end up with that you don't need to order a new one. Good luck with the search man, you got the right idea. For example, my brother took over someone's lease on a 440 M Performance Edition that was a year up. The guy paid my brother $13K cash to take over the lease. I mean you really can't go wrong with that. If I could just stop with the constant damn switching, I'd like to get into this just taking over other people's leases routine and you can could save and sometimes even make $ easily. You rarely will lose it that way.

As a side note, I always thought Porsche's lease or finance terribly, but that Macan GTS lease does not seem too bad at all. That is really weird cause I went with a colleague who leased a Macan S last year and I am sure he's paying more than that monthly with only 8K km's a year. Yea, he didn't put any down, but how much of a difference could $8K down make anyway.
    Exactly my thought is if I can get this Macan then I can wait and order the new one. This one doesn't have the Sports Chrono or PTV that's one thing which is holding me back.

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    I thought the downside to putting a downpayment on a lease is something around insurance payout or gap insurance coverage if the car is totalled during the lease.
    Down payment doesn't change the purchase price or what it costs to buy a new one. So it shouldn't affect insurance payout if you have replacement insurance. Guess I'll let you know for sure in a few weeks. Mine got stolen and with my trade in it looks like I have a 6500$ downpayment. So hopefully I don't have to battle the insurance company to get my money.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Down payment doesn't change the purchase price or what it costs to buy a new one. So it shouldn't affect insurance payout if you have replacement insurance. Guess I'll let you know for sure in a few weeks. Mine got stolen and with my trade in it looks like I have a 6500$ downpayment. So hopefully I don't have to battle the insurance company to get my money.
    Interested to know. Keep us posted. According to the link I posted, your lease would just terminate and the leasing company would be paid the current buyout.

I know that if it was a finance you would have an option to take the full amount you paid for the car as a cheque if you had GAP protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post

I know that if it was a finance you would have an option to take the full amount you paid for the car as a cheque if you had GAP protection.
    That's exactly what should be happening with a lease. You're not just insuring the lease company's asset. You're insuring your ability to not be upside down and get a similar replacement vehicle should anything happen. According to my insurance agent I shouldn't have a problem. I don't see how they could legally charge full insurance rate if they're only going to partially insure the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Interested to know. Keep us posted. According to the link I posted, your lease would just terminate and the leasing company would be paid the current buyout.

So for anyone that cares still. Insurance waited two weeks to see if vehicle would be recovered. It wasn't. They almost immediately cut a check for the full price paid on the bill of sale. In my case the payout to essentially buyout the lease is about 31,500$. Check is for 56,000$. Only sticking point right now is they say I'm only entitled to get the GST back that I paid on the payments over the course of my lease, however to payout the lease I'm required to pay the entire GST amount on the vehicle of another 1600$. Just hashing that out with them now. Overall I'm quite happy with how it got handled.

Another hidden benefit of a lease, is if somebody hits your vehicle and it needs to be repaired. If you finance it in full yourself, you're left with a vehicle that has a major resale value hit on it. But with a lease, you basically get 2-4 years(depends on your term) to see if anything happens. And if you do end up with an accident and you don't want to buy it out now, you can just hand the keys back. You know the residual value of the vehicle for 2-4 years down the road regardless what happens to the vehicle in the meantime.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So for anyone that cares still. Insurance waited two weeks to see if vehicle would be recovered. It wasn't. They almost immediately cut a check for the full price paid on the bill of sale. In my case the payout to essentially buyout the lease is about 31,500$. Check is for 56,000$. Only sticking point right now is they say I'm only entitled to get the GST back that I paid on the payments over the course of my lease, however to payout the lease I'm required to pay the entire GST amount on the vehicle of another 1600$. Just hashing that out with them now. Overall I'm quite happy with how it got handled.

Another hidden benefit of a lease, is if somebody hits your vehicle and it needs to be repaired. If you finance it in full yourself, you're left with a vehicle that has a major resale value hit on it. But with a lease, you basically get 2-4 years(depends on your term) to see if anything happens. And if you do end up with an accident and you don't want to buy it out now, you can just hand the keys back. You know the residual value of the vehicle for 2-4 years down the road regardless what happens to the vehicle in the meantime.
    Almost $0 TCO. Well done haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Almost $0 TCO. Well done haha.
    Yes not bad at all. Other than the new Winter tires I just put on it. And the dealer windshield package they sold me for 2000$ which ended up being 4000$ worked into the paperwork. I essentially broke even. I would highly recommend anyone buying a new vehicle get the limited depreciation add on to their policy. My claims person just told me it's now available for up to 5 years!! And it's only 50$ a year. Seems like cheap insurance against possibly losing 30 grand in depreciation value.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

And it's only 50$ a year. Seems like cheap insurance against possibly losing 30 grand in depreciation value.
    It goes up considerably per year you've had it. Its ~50 the first year, then by the end its 50 a month.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    It goes up considerably per year you've had it. Its ~50 the first year, then by the end its 50 a month.
    Yup. I just cancelled it on my 2016 Grand Cherokee as it got stupid expensive this year. It is up for replacement soon so I will be pissed if it is written off, but still highly unlikely.

https://www.leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=271948
    He is down from 8K to 6K. I offered him 4K down.
    Doesn't look like you've taken the lease, given it's still up... but he's delusional asking for his original 8k deposit. Even 4k is generous, I'd say. He drove it off the lot, he's taking a hit!

That being said... I ordered my MY18 GTS in Nov2017, back when we were messaging about it... took delivery late Feb2018, so it's almost been a year, and I just drove it down to SF. I'd say unless you're getting a deal on a used <1 year vehicle, just buy it new. Part of the fun is neurotically researching every single option, then waiting 3-4 months for delivery, then having to keep the revs down for the first 3-4000kms Not sure if MY19 will have a GTS trim, seems like the S isn't getting delivered to NA until summer... which would get me anxious on when the MY2020 land.

Regardless... life is short, that guy leasebuster GTS hasn't moved... I'd ping him now that it's a month later and see if he takes $2k.

And @ganesh , just to goad you into getting one soon... pic form when @gpomp coated and detailed the car last summer

Name:  GTS.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  125.2 KB

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Geo View Post
    Doesn't look like you've taken the lease, given it's still up... but he's delusional asking for his original 8k deposit. Even 4k is generous, I'd say. He drove it off the lot, he's taking a hit!

That being said... I ordered my MY18 GTS in Nov2017, back when we were messaging about it... took delivery late Feb2018, so it's almost been a year, and I just drove it down to SF. I'd say unless you're getting a deal on a used <1 year vehicle, just buy it new. Part of the fun is neurotically researching every single option, then waiting 3-4 months for delivery, then having to keep the revs down for the first 3-4000kms Not sure if MY19 will have a GTS trim, seems like the S isn't getting delivered to NA until summer... which would get me anxious on when the MY2020 land.

Regardless... life is short, that guy leasebuster GTS hasn't moved... I'd ping him now that it's a month later and see if he takes $2k.
    He didn't budge. I offered him 4K when he was asking for 8K. Now he is down to 6K but I have picked up a short term lease.
    I am waiting for the MY2019/2020 GTS. Now that I have another car I am not that in a hurry. Having said that I am keeping a open eye on X3M/X4M. The teaser videos looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    It's possible you know more about their policies than they do. But I'll ask for clarification today when I get the insurance on the new Merc.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't budge. I offered him 4K when he was asking for 8K. Now he is down to 6K but I have picked up a short term lease.
    I am waiting for the MY2019/2020 GTS. Now that I have another car I am not that in a hurry. Having said that I am keeping a open eye on X3M/X4M. The teaser videos looks pretty good.
    What did you end up getting?

My Ride
    95B

What did you end up getting?
    A budget friendly Mini 16 Months Lease.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3