Quantcast
Furance and duct cleaning - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Furance and duct cleaning

Default Furance and duct cleaning

Has anyone recently used a honest furance cleaning company in Calgary? Lots of Groupons out there but I don't trust online reviews.

If anyone has had a good experience recently please post their company name.

I went with Advanpro because of their great Google and Homestar reviews. They were friendly and seemed to do a good job, though to be honest I have no idea how dirty my ducts were before nor how clean they are now.

All I know is make sure your quote covers all ducts and is not a $XX price for 10 ducts and $X per duct on top of that for example.

A friend of mine just went with Servpro recently and was happy with price and work.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I know is make sure your quote covers all ducts and is not a $XX price for 10 ducts and $X per duct on top of that for example.
    Typical Home Depot tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Has anyone recently used a honest furance cleaning company in Calgary? Lots of Groupons out there but I don't trust online reviews.

If anyone has had a good experience recently please post their company name.
    Keith from 'Keith My Furnace Guy', found him on Calgary Puck Forum https://homestars.com/companies/2808...my-furnace-guy, really happy with his service, had my ducts cleaned after I developed my basement.

My Ride
    XT6

Arpi’s can do it for you.

Full disclosure I work there.

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    I went with Advanpro because of their great Google and Homestar reviews. They were friendly and seemed to do a good job, though to be honest I have no idea how dirty my ducts were before nor how clean they are now.
    +1 for Advanpro, use them at our rentals, parents’, always have had great service and pricing.

Not to derail but does duct cleaning actually really do anything? I mean I’ve seen the videos companies post but I’ve inspected as much of my vents as I can ( with a short inspection camera mind you) and have nothing that even remotely resembles the videos most companies post. I’ve had my furnace apart too and it’s clean as a whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Not to derail but does duct cleaning actually really do anything? I mean I’ve seen the videos companies post but I’ve inspected as much of my vents as I can ( with a short inspection camera mind you) and have nothing that even remotely resembles the videos most companies post. I’ve had my furnace apart too and it’s clean as a whistle.
    For some, if it helps them sleep better at night then it's all good.
    Last edited by speedog; 01-04-2019 at 07:22 AM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've often wondered about that too. The other thing is, that air speeds in vents isn't that high, so any dust or debris that accumulates in there over time isn't likely to come out. I had my ducts cleaned after a renovation, but other than that, I can't see it as a regular requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I used to work for a place doing this work and you would be surprised at the crap that builds up in some vents.

We did one house and found a baseball, baby bottle and what we think was a rotten peach that was all shriveled up.

In newly built homes the stuff that falls down vents is staggering and help removes all that debris especially stuff like dry wall dust.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Unless you are an off duty NYDP officer trying to save his wife from a group of terrorists, it probably doesn't affect you too much. But if you are, you likely have more pressing concerns like looking for shoes, acquiring a machine gun or wondering what to do with a bag of detonators.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    I used to work for a place doing this work and you would be surprised at the crap that builds up in some vents.

We did one house and found a baseball, baby bottle and what we think was a rotten peach that was all shriveled up.

In newly built homes the stuff that falls down vents is staggering and help removes all that debris especially stuff like dry wall dust.
    Yea I can see as extra mentioned, after renos when you know you’ve introduced a bunch of debris, but beyond that I can’t imagine it will do a hell of a lot air quality wise? I have a shedding dog so I vacuum the vents regularly but from what I could tell stuff just falls to the first flat and either stays there or is blown back up shortly.

I guess I’ll see when I redo the ducting in my basement in the near future. Lots of flat spots. Will see what collects there and if it would even have the potential to be blown around

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

I used Air Raid Furnace and Duct. Reasonably priced with their Winter Special for all ducts and furnace for $179 and was great to deal with. http://www.airraidfurnace.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redevil View Post
    I used Air Raid Furnace and Duct. Reasonably priced with their Winter Special for all ducts and furnace for $179 and was great to deal with. http://www.airraidfurnace.com/
    There must be a limit on how many ducts there are though?

My Ride
    German

I tried Alberta Pro Cleaning, wouldn't recommend them. They will nickel and dime you for anything and everything. No different than those Groupon scams.

My Ride
    rally pig

does it help reduce your heating cost or is mostly to improve the air flow circulation?

over the holidays i've noticed our furnace not heating up twice within a week.
    first time i noticed a lot of dust on the air filter (i change air filters on a monthly basis), but the 2nd time the air filter was normal.

flashing light error on the furnace indicated that it could be pressure switch open/closed, condensate line blocked or blocked inlet/exhaust.
    couldn't see any faults on any of those so im wondering if cleaning the furnace and duct will help.

My Ride
    '12 G37x Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    does it help reduce your heating cost or is mostly to improve the air flow circulation?

over the holidays i've noticed our furnace not heating up twice within a week.
    first time i noticed a lot of dust on the air filter (i change air filters on a monthly basis), but the 2nd time the air filter was normal.

flashing light error on the furnace indicated that it could be pressure switch open/closed, condensate line blocked or blocked inlet/exhaust.
    couldn't see any faults on any of those so im wondering if cleaning the furnace and duct will help.
    I can't really comment on if it reduces heating cost or improves air flow circulation.

But in regards to the furnace not heating up, my parents had a similar issue where the flame sensor wasn't able to detect the flame and it attempted to ignite three times, then the pressure switch closed. I turned off power to the furnace and removed the sensor (usually opposite side of the igniter) then using steel wool or very fine grit sandpaper cleaned the sensor. Since then they haven't had any issues with the furnace igniting.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by HR-ZD403 View Post
    I can't really comment on if it reduces heating cost or improves air flow circulation.

But in regards to the furnace not heating up, my parents had a similar issue where the flame sensor wasn't able to detect the flame and it attempted to ignite three times, then the pressure switch closed. I turned off power to the furnace and removed the sensor (usually opposite side of the igniter) then using steel wool or very fine grit sandpaper cleaned the sensor. Since then they haven't had any issues with the furnace igniting.
    glad to hear that worked for your parents.
    saw this YT video earlier this week so been waiting to try it the next time the furnace wouldn't heat up. glad I have some 5 US$ bills

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast