Quantcast
Cannabis gummies sends kids to hospital. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis gummies sends kids to hospital.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha agree with ercchy there. The strongest candy I had so far was down in Denver. Estimated 114mg of THC and 11mg of CBD per each of these sour lemon candies. They were damn good, definitely made you super tired but tripping or not functional... some major over reactions or comments from those who I feel haven't tried.
    lol wow, 100 mg EACH candy? That's a lot.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    To be fair he also had cbd in there which helps to counter the effects of the thc

Also the packaging laws in Colorado are that the stated amount is a maximum

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Thats what I was thinking... yikes. The Gummies Ive had were 10-50mg each. (Bag being 100-150mg total)

There are some crazy candies out there these days on the grey market. Here’s one that is 800mg, one piece:

https://herbapproach.com/product/rosebud-800mg-thc-sec/

Hard candies 120mg each:
    https://herbapproach.com/product/bho-bots-mota/

The other issue is that since it’s still grey market only, who knows how accurate the dosing is. They can say 100mg per piece but it could very well be higher or lower since there no real QC / regulations around them.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    Well the thing is prescription pills might actually kill you. Edibles? Yeah not so much.
    Are you saying it's literally impossible under any circumstances to die from a cannabis OD? I'm actually asking, I don't know the answer, I assumed there would be cases where you could die from an OD.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

My daily edible consumption is 140mg in 2 candies haha....
    ...@therealarifjina...

Not imposible but the amounts required to cause an overdose is beyond what anyone could likely ingest. IIRC

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Tollerances for edibles can be wild. Ive seen people get high as the moon from 5mg and I’ve also seen people close to dead sober from 1200mg. I don’t think alcohol tollerances could ever compare.

Yah I won't post the pictures for obvious privacy reasons of the person of what it did to our buddy. But for reference to the other comments about tolerances as well I'm ~180lbs and an active guy. I do NOT smoke weed and the september trip in denver was only my 3rd time with edibles. Those specific candies were also very expensive versus the other ones we bought.

They were the 4th sets of candies/chocolate we tried on the trip and verrrrry powerful. You could really taste what was in the candy versus the other ones (were not super sweet/enjoyable like the other ones). 4 of us were at the rockies game and the guy in the group who is usually the "light weight" for drinking. Slept through 4-5 innings, 13 runs which included 2 grand slams in September when they were battling the Diamondbacks for a playoff spot aka. the place was packed to the tits and super loud. Fans around were taking tons of pics/snaps of our buddy because he was the only person in the section not standing up and losing it.

Cause I took one more candy on the trip the last night and I could barely stay awake for 2-3 hours after I took it. I got the sink in the couch feeling.
    I understand everyone has different tolerances but I have yet to come across somewhere were a 10-20mg candy fucked them up. Even those 100+ candies never brought on any paranoia or what not. Just felt insanely relaxed then tired.

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Yah I won't post the pictures for obvious privacy reasons of the person of what it did to our buddy. But for reference to the other comments about tolerances as well I'm ~180lbs and an active guy. I do NOT smoke weed and the september trip in denver was only my 3rd time with edibles. Those specific candies were also very expensive versus the other ones we bought.

They were the 4th sets of candies/chocolate we tried on the trip and verrrrry powerful. You could really taste what was in the candy versus the other ones (were not super sweet/enjoyable like the other ones). 4 of us were at the rockies game and the guy in the group who is usually the "light weight" for drinking. Slept through 4-5 innings, 13 runs which included 2 grand slams in September when they were battling the Diamondbacks for a playoff spot aka. the place was packed to the tits and super loud. Fans around were taking tons of pics/snaps of our buddy because he was the only person in the section not standing up and losing it.

Cause I took one more candy on the trip the last night and I could barely stay awake for 2-3 hours after I took it. I got the sink in the couch feeling.
    I understand everyone has different tolerances but I have yet to come across somewhere were a 10-20mg candy fucked them up. Even those 100+ candies never brought on any paranoia or what not. Just felt insanely relaxed then tired.
    Tolerance builds very fast with edibles. From what you say it sounds like you guys had them every day so that's probably why the 4th day the 100+ candy didn't hit you as hard. If you started clean and then did a 100+ candy at first i guarantee it's a different experience than you had it on your 4th day of eating them.

We were there for 9 days, day 2/3/4 first the first 3. Then day 7 and day 9 were the strong ass ones IIRC.

But speaking of edibles or cbd oils. Does anyone have some good recommendations for shops here to pick up some CBD oil/products? (I know edibles aren't allowed yet). Wouldn't mind stopping by if some are getting good reviews. Prefer near downtown or SW range.

That or otherwise if someone has a good site you can order which I believe is all from BC i'd be interested.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Are you saying it's literally impossible under any circumstances to die from a cannabis OD? I'm actually asking, I don't know the answer, I assumed there would be cases where you could die from an OD.
    Not the greatest quote but an accurate representation i have read in the past about Cannabis OD.

Quote Originally Posted by https://addictionresource.com/drugs/marijuana/marijuana-overdose
    Is It Possible for Marijuana Overdose to Cause Death?
    Is marijuana toxicity deadly? The answer to that question is no. Overdosing on weed is unlikely to cause death directly because tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) receptors are not present in the brainstem – the part of the brain that controls and regulates the heart rate and respiration – therefore, it is unlikely to cause death.

However, here does the question how does Marijuana affect the brain come in. Weed overdose can cause death indirectly through its effects on the brain., For example, when a user drives under the influence of THC overdose, such person may experience incoordination, as well as impaired judgment and perception which may predispose them to accidents, injuries, and, in turn, death.

Also, excessive use of cannabis could lead to emotional and psychological disturbances which could present as paranoia and suicidal tendencies.

Some studies also show that one would have to consume about 40,000 times the usual dose of weed in one cannabis cigarette to die from it. In other words, this would require a smoker to consume nearly 1,500 lbs. (680 kg) of pot in 15 minutes to cause a fatal outcome.

However, THC poisoning from consuming too much weed in combination with other drugs of abuse, such as opioids and alcohol, may accentuate the effects of some of these drugs, causing death. Under these circumstances also, some of these drugs may cause severe heart disturbances and blood pressure changes that could cause death.
    Short answer is NO, an OD wont kill you but underlying conditions, or yourself (suicide) could. That said, i dont think i have seen or heard of any documented deaths related to Cannabis directly or otherwise.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

this would require a smoker to consume nearly 1,500 lbs. (680 kg) of pot in 15 minutes to cause a fatal outcome.
    I wonder how this translates to edibles? Between “losing 90% of the thc by smoking it” and the liver converting thc to hydroxy-thc which I think is something like 1000 times stronger?

I’m coming up with 68g of thc distillate to hit that number? Being a flavourless crystal it’s possible to achieve... would be incredibly expensive though

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    Rookies.....
    Truth.

When you take too much. Just ride it out.

I've dove into the abyss on edibles before unintentionally. It doesn't warrant a hospital visit.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Not the greatest quote but an accurate representation i have read in the past about Cannabis OD.

Short answer is NO, an OD wont kill you but underlying conditions, or yourself (suicide) could. That said, i dont think i have seen or heard of any documented deaths related to Cannabis directly or otherwise.
    Thanks I didn't know that. 1500lbs is a lot haha.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    Truth.

When you take too much. Just ride it out.

I've dove into the abyss on edibles before unintentionally. It doesn't warrant a hospital visit.
    No, there should be some sort of PSA to tell people NOT to go to the hospital if they think they're overdosing on marijuana. Tell people to lay down and keep a trash can close by to vomit in.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    No, there should be some sort of PSA to tell people NOT to go to the hospital if they think they're overdosing on marijuana. Tell people to lay down and keep a trash can close by to vomit in.
    Drink fruit juice and take cbd!!

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    People go to emergency all the time with marijuana overdoses/sickness, it's extremely common. On the plus side their sickness/vomiting is more of an emergency than about 90% of the other people who also like to visit the emergency room. My GF works in one and has had people who call an ambulance for a dry mouth, then your tax dollars pay for it. They hand out pamphlets, try help people find GP's, have social workers available, etc. Nobody cares and nothing they do keeps people away from the ER because it's free and they have to see you if you show up. The "frequent flyers" even know what to say to increase their chances of getting a bed or faster admission. They think it's easier for them to go to the ER than try to find a GP or go to a walk-in clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Pretty much yes... There's never been a documented case where marijuana caused death directly through overdose mechanisms. Compare that with alcohol where there's about 10 people who die per day in the USA from overdoses. The whole marijuana thing is wildly overblown while people sweep under the rug the much higher danger of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    It would have to be north of 500mg if it was split 4 ways... only way I see that happening is if it was a poorly mixed batch and there was inconsistencies between bears... which is the issue with the gov dragging their feet on setting legislation on edibles
    Beats me? I don't think she knows the dose either, she just knows what it does to her and how much of the thing to take. If I'm going to do drugs, I'll do drugs that work. So weed is out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast