Quantcast
Discuss cellphone plans - Page 31 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss cellphone plans

Yeah that could be Fido winback. They are pretty aggressive with these offers probably trying to hit year end targets.

I did the device financing/bring it back thing. I think you have to do that to get the $300 bill credit as it essentially locks you in for 2 years so that’s why they can offer the credit. If you already have a phone or buy it outright you probably won’t get the bill credit but I’m sure they would still sign you up for the plan

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah that could be Fido winback. They are pretty aggressive with these offers probably trying to hit year end targets.

I did the device financing/bring it back thing. I think you have to do that to get the $300 bill credit as it essentially locks you in for 2 years so that’s why they can offer the credit. If you already have a phone or buy it outright you probably won’t get the bill credit but I’m sure they would still sign you up for the plan
    Ah that makes sense. So to clarify the prices you posted here:
    - Line 1 - $36 for 25GB ($45 but discounted 20%)
    - Line 2 - $36 for 25GB ($45 but discounted 20%)
    - Tablet addon - $10 (shares data with one of the lines)
    Total: $82 + tax

This does not include whatever the per month cost of the phone you got is correct? That's on top? And the tablet add on I am guessing is optional so there's $10 to be saved there too.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Ah that makes sense. So to clarify the prices you posted here:
    - Line 1 - $36 for 25GB ($45 but discounted 20%)
    - Line 2 - $36 for 25GB ($45 but discounted 20%)
    - Tablet addon - $10 (shares data with one of the lines)
    Total: $82 + tax

This does not include whatever the per month cost of the phone you got is correct? That's on top? And the tablet add on I am guessing is optional so there's $10 to be saved there too.
    Correct. In my case i have an extra $43 on top cuz of the phone financing, and you don't need the tablet add on if you don't have a data tablet.

If it's just two lines and BYOD it should in theory be $72 a month and 25GB each.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Correct. In my case i have an extra $43 on top cuz of the phone financing, and you don't need the tablet add on if you don't have a data tablet.

If it's just two lines and BYOD it should in theory be $72 a month and 25GB each.
    So your plans are $36 + $43 with an iPhone 12? Good deal!

My Ride
    95B

If it is not a big issue do you mind sharing the contact info for the person?
    I am currently paying $85 30GB with Telus and I can also move my daughters line over if it is $72 for two lines.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Would you mind sharing the contact as well? Would love to move my family over as well.

Sorry guys, i've been trying the number he gave me and it goes to Voicemail. I think this guy maybe didn't realize the number is only outbound and not inbound. I've left VMs so if he gets back to me i'll ask how to get a hold of him.

Welcome to try calling yourself, 4 oh 3 - eight 7 nine - thirty-eight fifty-three, just say you are looking to port to Rogers with a good deal and you were referred to this number.

Update, my sister just got a callback this morning after leaving a VM on Wednesday evening. They are going to set her up with the same deal ($36 for 25GB + $300 bill credit with a new phone)

If anyone wants the deal just call that number in my post above, mention you were referred to this number by a friend to set up a new Rogers account with the winback promotion and they should call you back in a day or two.

My Ride
    This and that.

I totally forgot to do this but will give it a shot today. Thanks!

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Well made the switch back to Rogers. Was also able to get him to add Beats Solo Pro headphones for $100 ($280 off reg price) as it's an active promo on Rogers.

I either got scammed really hard for my personal info or made out like a bandit. Don't think i'll believe it until i see the phone in the mail in 4 weeks but it seemed legit. I already see the credit check on my credit report showing Rogers so pretty sure it's real.

The best part is... he asked if i could refer more people to him. Apparently they can sign up anyone as long as they aren't a current Rogers customer (although Fido probably excluded too). Gonna pass along the info to my siblings to see if they can do it and if it turns out that he can sign up anybody i'll post the info in here.
    I had a call like that but I thought it was a scam since his english was terrible and said it needed to be approved next day by a supervisor. Apparently it was like $25 for 10GB which is even cheaper than my freedom plan
    I asked for an email from him from a rogers email address and I never heard back so I thought it was a scam. The callerid sent was also an 11 digit number so that seemed really fishy

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I totally forgot to do this but will give it a shot today. Thanks!
    Ditto, phoned the number today, will wait to see if i get a call back
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    I had a call like that but I thought it was a scam since his english was terrible and said it needed to be approved next day by a supervisor. Apparently it was like $25 for 10GB which is even cheaper than my freedom plan
    I asked for an email from him from a rogers email address and I never heard back so I thought it was a scam. The callerid sent was also an 11 digit number so that seemed really fishy
    Yea no doubt it feels sketchy the way they do it. It seems that Rogers outsources these winback campaigns to third party call centres so that’s why probably why they won’t have Rogers email addresses / phone numbers.

In this case it was legit thankfully. Breathed a huge sigh of relief when I got this confirmation email:
    Name:  CE995092-DED0-4F0C-B8EA-3A8213965032.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  26.6 KB

My Ride
    This and that.

I left a message this afternoon. No calls yet but let's see how it goes over the next couple of days.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Anyone still on the APEGA plan or did you GTFO a long time ago?

What disadvantage are all these deals with more data but reduced speeds?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I bailed on Apega a little over a year ago, I got burned bad by them changing their travel plan policies without telling me. Landed in London and had to wait 4 days of a 7 day trip for them to remove a travel block on my account that they arbitrarily put on. Thank god my wife has an XR with an esim which allowed me to easily just add a data plan in Europe to her phone for a week.

I pay a bit more but Telus has been great to me so far, I’m in a relatively austere 10Gb/mo “unlimited plan”. I went over once, but phone still worked the only thing I really noticed was Apple Music buffered a bit more.

My bill is 126/mo all in for 2 phones though which is pretty great IMO plus some additional discount on my Telus home services which is pretty excellent. Keep in mind with all these things the “all in” costs. Meaning make sure you are adding visual voicemail costs, make sure the promo plans allow family plan which is additional savings, additional service discounts also help. True $/mo billed can sometimes be difficult to come to once all is said and done with the hidden discounts etc. Such that even plans like EPP weren’t really cheaper than what I am doing now.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Apega plan sucks. It's not even fast enough to allow me to live stream a police takedown of a douchebag in 720p.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Apega plan sucks. It's not even fast enough to allow me to live stream a police takedown of a douchebag in 720p.
    Is your mom a geologist?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Is your mom a geologist?
    That's silly. Geology is a two year diploma stretched to a four year degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    95B

Sorry guys, i've been trying the number he gave me and it goes to Voicemail. I think this guy maybe didn't realize the number is only outbound and not inbound. I've left VMs so if he gets back to me i'll ask how to get a hold of him.

Welcome to try calling yourself, 4 oh 3 - eight 7 nine - thirty-eight fifty-three, just say you are looking to port to Rogers with a good deal and you were referred to this number.
    Thanks for the number. Called and left a VM. Will see how it goes.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I bailed on Apega a little over a year ago, I got burned bad by them changing their travel plan policies without telling me. Landed in London and had to wait 4 days of a 7 day trip for them to remove a travel block on my account that they arbitrarily put on. Thank god my wife has an XR with an esim which allowed me to easily just add a data plan in Europe to her phone for a week.

I pay a bit more but Telus has been great to me so far, I’m in a relatively austere 10Gb/mo “unlimited plan”. I went over once, but phone still worked the only thing I really noticed was Apple Music buffered a bit more.

My bill is 126/mo all in for 2 phones though which is pretty great IMO plus some additional discount on my Telus home services which is pretty excellent. Keep in mind with all these things the “all in” costs. Meaning make sure you are adding visual voicemail costs, make sure the promo plans allow family plan which is additional savings, additional service discounts also help. True $/mo billed can sometimes be difficult to come to once all is said and done with the hidden discounts etc. Such that even plans like EPP weren’t really cheaper than what I am doing now.
    Ya APEGA isn't the best but I wouldn't want to pay more than that $56 a month or whatever for the 5GB.

I noticed the fine print on the offer sabad got and was curious on the slower speeds. It would suck to be buffering from day 1.

Would be nice to switch to something else where you're getting 5 GB or more on full speed but not pay $56

Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast