Quantcast
Discuss cellphone plans - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss cellphone plans

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Zoomer looks like a nice option. Have a variety of low end phones for $0 on a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

The Shaw Mobile offer for $0 unlimited talk/text is so tempting for older people who don't need data. But I'm worried Freedom network is still meh enough that having reliable cell service is more important than paying literally nothing if you BYOD.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Didn't someone post that shaw jumps / roams automatically to one of the big networks? I thought I read that somewhere.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Didn't someone post that shaw jumps / roams automatically to one of the big networks? I thought I read that somewhere.
    If you are out of the coverage area, yeah. Not sure about in city though if you are in a dead spot.

My Ride

Shaw uses Freedom's network so I assume it would do the same thing as what one would do as a Freedom customer?

It's too bad because I think most people who do only need voice plans are typically seniors and you want that line to be reliable.

Anyone still waiting for a callback from rogers winback for the $36/25GB deal? The guy who set me up just called me (apparently i was on their list for a callback for some reason) but i reminded him i was already set up. I mentioned that some people i referred were still waiting for a callback and he said they just started back up yesterday after taking some time off for holidays.

pm me if you're still waiting and ill give you his email, you can email him directly and that should make things quicker hopefully.

My Ride
    This and that.

I am. My account got set up a couple of weeks ago but it got stuck at the step where Roger's is supposed to call you to verify the account as I never got the call. The guy did call me yesterday and said he'll call back today and try to connect to Roger's. So let's see. In the meanwhile another rep from the same company called offering $45 for 25gb plan lol.

The base plan is the $45/25GB, but with the 20% discount it brings it down to $36. You should be able to push to add the 20% discount especially if signing up for a new phone as well. Also make sure they waive the $45 activation fees (they did for me).

How long ago do you need to be a customer to get a winback offer? Its been 10 years for me but i would literally ditch telus in a second if the deal was that good.

They aren't even checking if you were a previous Rogers customer. One of my friends even ported from Fido which i didn't think they would allow.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    They aren't even checking if you were a previous Rogers customer. One of my friends even ported from Fido which i didn't think they would allow.
    Wouldn't mind if you fired a pm with your contacts email then if you can!

My Ride
    Treg/B7

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Who did you talk to? to get 36? Do you have a direct name? The guys i dealt with only offered $45 and said the 36 deal was not available.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Just following up on the Shaw Mobile discussion. My buddy who has it has been using it for a few months and has 4 phones in his house. Nobody has noticed any dropped calls around the city at all. As well, here's his comment on BC coverage :
    Their coverage map is very conservative, shows a huge hole from golden to sicamous. That hole is non existent
    So seems that the coverage is really good.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just following up on the Shaw Mobile discussion. My buddy who has it has been using it for a few months and has 4 phones in his house. Nobody has noticed any dropped calls around the city at all. As well, here's his comment on BC coverage :

I wonder if my parents just aren’t setup correctly. Every time they’re out of the house, we basically lose contact 1/2 the time. Can’t even find my friends them as they have no connection.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Other than coverage, a small annoying thing is they send this text whenever you receive voicemail even if it's spam. Not sure if that can be turned off. I know, it's minor and the cost savings are likely worth it for most.

Right now I'm paying $45 more per month to keep 3 handsets on Telus. Still on the fence to switch and lose all my grandfathered share plan.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I wonder if my parents just aren’t setup correctly. Every time they’re out of the house, we basically lose contact 1/2 the time. Can’t even find my friends them as they have no connection.
    That's weird. This family is high maintenance and high usage, so they wouldn't put up with dropped calls no matter what the savings.

My Ride

Yikes... This is what I was worried about... Guess I'm staying put until this is resolved.

rage2 if you find a solution I would love to know the outcome.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Yikes... This is what I was worried about... Guess I'm staying put until this is resolved.

rage2 if you find a solution I would love to know the outcome.
    The solution is to put them on a better provider lol.

It hasn't been an issue since my kids haven't seen my parents for 1/2 the year. Pre-covid they take them out for extended amounts of time, and we're trying to get a hold of them to see when they want to come home so we can get dinner plans ready and they're off grid for hours.

Nowadays the kids want to randomly call and talk to them, and they're out of reach both on data and cell service and randomly pop up on the road when I'm tracking them as they're driving. I happens to both my parents, one on iPhone and one on Android, so I'm chalking it up as a provider issue.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

If you used BYOP you probably have phones that only support half the bands that Freedom uses.
    https://willmyphonework.net/

Gotta be careful especially with Samsungs. Example: There's literally 7 versions of "Samsung S9" with different radios.
    For iPhones it only works with 8 or newer
    Last edited by jwslam; 01-07-2021 at 10:50 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nowadays the kids want to randomly call and talk to them, and they're out of reach both on data and cell service and randomly pop up on the road when I'm tracking them as they're driving. I happens to both my parents, one on iPhone and one on Android, so I'm chalking it up as a provider issue.
    Weird and concerning.

Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast