Quantcast
Discuss cellphone plans - Page 44 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss cellphone plans

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m giving the tablet to my kids so they can appreciate how much better iPads are lol.

$5 a month might as well get them started learning data management. They all got my hand me down iPads so they all have lte.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So interesting chain of events. I called twice over the weekend with no luck. Both times they quoted the t&cs saying you need to have an existing Fido voice plan. However just now I tried again for fun and actually had success! One thing I did differently was choose option 1 (have account) instead of option 2 (new customer)

It was kind of weird because on their end they could see an account but pretty sure it was my Rogers account coming up because they had my newer address. Long story short, he signed me up. I got the zte grand view 4 tablet for $0 and then $5 off the $10/4gb plan so total I’m paying $5 a month over 24 months for the plan including a brand new (shitty) tablet. Didn’t even run a credit check. Planning to put the SIM card in my car head unit and giving the tablet to my kid. Win/win

Definitely worth a try for anyone interested. Make sure you push option 1 when you call in.
    I guess I will try in the morning if I get some spare time. I have been making do with hotspot but if I can get a more typical connection for that cheap, then why not. Thanks for reporting.

So interesting chain of events. I called twice over the weekend with no luck. Both times they quoted the t&cs saying you need to have an existing Fido voice plan. However just now I tried again for fun and actually had success! One thing I did differently was choose option 1 (have account) instead of option 2 (new customer)

It was kind of weird because on their end they could see an account but pretty sure it was my Rogers account coming up because they had my newer address. Long story short, he signed me up. I got the zte grand view 4 tablet for $0 and then $5 off the $10/4gb plan so total I’m paying $5 a month over 24 months for the plan including a brand new (shitty) tablet. Didn’t even run a credit check. Planning to put the SIM card in my car head unit and giving the tablet to my kid. Win/win

Definitely worth a try for anyone interested. Make sure you push option 1 when you call in.
    Just got the tablet and sim card in the mail. The selection on amazon for cases for this shitty tablet is hilariously bad. And ztecanada.com is completely down

I don't even really care about protecting it, i just want a case so it can stand up on its own.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I tried to cancel my old $15/4gb plan after getting the tablet since it won’t let me upgrade online and only buy new, and the csr gave me 24 months of $15 credit so it’s free.

I officially have too much data. And ZTE tablets.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/roge...175/#p34709254

Samsung S21 Ultra 128 for $3/mth on Rogers. It's sorta a "lease" plan that allows you to return the phone or buyout at the end of 24 mths.

rogers win back trying to offer a $45 plan with 25gb and $200 bill credit if getting a phone. Credits not as good as what others have gotten from a few months back.
    Last edited by gwill; 07-08-2021 at 11:24 PM.

Just got the tablet and sim card in the mail. The selection on amazon for cases for this shitty tablet is hilariously bad. And ztecanada.com is completely down

I don't even really care about protecting it, i just want a case so it can stand up on its own.
    Ended up grabbing this universal case for the zte tablet. Works pretty good for what I wanted it for. One of the corners hits the power button but easily adjusted.
    ProCase Universal Tablet Case for 7-8 inch Tablet, Stand Folio Case Protective Cover for 7" 8" Touchscreen Tablets – Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078YKT7BC/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Also Fido just loves giving away money lol. Got a $5 esso gift card as a welcome gift, and then just got a $10 iTunes gift card for signing up for preauthorized payments on my cc. Major win so far with this promo!

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Ended up grabbing this universal case for the zte tablet. Works pretty good for what I wanted it for. One of the corners hits the power button but easily adjusted.
    ProCase Universal Tablet Case for 7-8 inch Tablet, Stand Folio Case Protective Cover for 7" 8" Touchscreen Tablets – Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078YKT7BC/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Also Fido just loves giving away money lol. Got a $5 esso gift card as a welcome gift, and then just got a $10 iTunes gift card for signing up for preauthorized payments on my cc. Major win so far with this promo!
    There's also a free Harveys burger through the Fido Xtra program!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Unlikely, especially after the whole Huawei thing that increased cost for all ISPs.

My Ride
    This and that.

Huge thanks to @rage2 for hooking me up with the Fido data SIM for my iPad. I don't have to bang heads with these clowns over the phone now.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I got Shaw Mobile SIM cards in the mail today. To be honest, I'd kind of forgotten all about them, but this prompted me to look again... Holy F, saving ~85% on our mobile bill sure is tempting.

Does anyone have any feedback on the quality of service?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    I got Shaw Mobile SIM cards in the mail today. To be honest, I'd kind of forgotten all about them, but this prompted me to look again... Holy F, saving ~85% on our mobile bill sure is tempting.

Does anyone have any feedback on the quality of service?
    Yeah, I went for this plan a few months back ($25/unl data) since I'm about as frugal as you can get with everything except cars.

100% worth it. Coverage is inferior outside of Calgary, but you still get 2GB/LTE roaming data on other carriers. There were a couple spots in Calgary (NE Industrial) where it dropped to 3G in isolated locations, but otherwise it's perfect in town.

Hard to justify $80/12GB w/ Rogers.

If you're super concerned about coverage outside of town (eg: driving to BC) then maybe stick with the Big 3, but I have not had any concerns. I work remote, so it's nice to have LTE everywhere and just tether off my phone, no need to worry about WiFi.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by zipdoa View Post
    Yeah, I went for this plan a few months back ($25/unl data) since I'm about as frugal as you can get with everything except cars.

100% worth it. Coverage is inferior outside of Calgary, but you still get 2GB/LTE roaming data on other carriers. There were a couple spots in Calgary (NE Industrial) where it dropped to 3G in isolated locations, but otherwise it's perfect in town.

If you're super concerned about coverage outside of town (eg: driving to BC) then maybe stick with the Big 3, but I have not had any concerns. I work remote, so it's nice to have LTE everywhere and just tether off my phone, no need to worry about WiFi.
    I don't think I'm too concerned with out of town data, certainly not as much as I'd worry about call coverage. My understanding is Shaw will roam onto one of the big 3, but just wanted to hear from others about their experience.

Also curious if anyone has any experience out east or in the US?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a buddy on Shaw, and he is back and forth to Kamloops regularly. He says coverage is equal to Telus out there, and he's picky as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Damn plans sucks these days. I have a 45gb plan somehow on Fido for $70 which runs on the Rogers network and it’s great. It started off at $40 for 10gb and they kept giving me lots more data every few months for $5 or $10 more. Doesn’t seem to be publicly available on the site.

Gonna sign up the kids with Public, $35/month for 5Gb at 3G and good Telus coverage. Anything better out there?

Ends July 31
    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Are you referring to data coverage or cellular coverage for making/accepting phone calls?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Gonna sign up the kids with Public, $35/month for 5Gb at 3G and good Telus coverage. Anything better out there?

Ends July 31
    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Not sure why you'd choose this over Shaw $25/mon Unlt'd LTE data?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Are you referring to data coverage or cellular coverage for making/accepting phone calls?
    Data - I don't really make phone calls. It's all facetime audio or teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Damn plans sucks these days. I have a 45gb plan somehow on Fido for $70 which runs on the Rogers network and it’s great. It started off at $40 for 10gb and they kept giving me lots more data every few months for $5 or $10 more. Doesn’t seem to be publicly available on the site.
    Yea I was a Rogers customer from 2002-2021, when I asked if they could do any better on my 12GB/$80mon plan, they said No and didn't even try to keep my biz. Oh well!
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Yea I was a Rogers customer from 2002-2021, when I asked if they could do any better on my 12GB/$80mon plan, they said No and didn't even try to keep my biz. Oh well!
    The funny thing is that it’s very likely their win back team will call you back in 6 months to a year and offer you an amazing deal to switch back.

Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 ... LastLast