Quantcast
Discuss cellphone plans - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss cellphone plans

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WHOOO! Just found the 20gig Telus BYOD plan promo!!! $75 before discounts! Offer expires in two days. BYOD discount and home services discount are $10 each.

Just went over my 10gig plan data allotment for the first time in a year so this works well for me.

Plan you are looking for is :
    PROMO Peace of Mind - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and endless data (20GB High Speed)
    Can confirm, just called in and got the discounted rate applied.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Well I currently pay $210 for two lines, unlimited talk and text, unlimited international text, and 13GB shared data. So this seems like a better deal
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

To get the $10 discount, do you need both services, and then the $10 discount is applied to each service (total of $20 discount)?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

^ I don't think so. If you BYOD, you should get the "BYOD Monthly Credit" - those are the exact words on my bill. $10 credit. I don't think you need to have both mobile and home services in order to get the credit.... but maybe I misunderstood what they are saying.

You can then log into the My Telus App and "link" services - mobile services and home services. You can do this at any time. I didn't need to do it in-store or over the phone. Just did it thru the app. The sales rep in store told me after combining it may take 3 months of billing cycles for the additional $10 credit to appear and I'm just about to finish my second cycle. I should probably talk to them and clarify.

Edit: Just chatted with Telus billing dept. They said the same thing as before... two separate credits... the BYOD Monthy Credit and Mobility Home Credit for a total of $20 off the $75 plan. Pretty sweet!!!!!
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 01-19-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Well I currently pay $210 for two lines, unlimited talk and text, unlimited international text, and 13GB shared data. So this seems like a better deal
    Anything over $100/mo is too much even with device balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Fido did a complete reversal on their entry level data plan. Used to be $10 for 4GB, now $15 for 2GB. Locked in two tablets at $10.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Fido did a complete reversal on their entry level data plan. Used to be $10 for 4GB, now $15 for 2GB. Locked in two tablets at $10.
    The 4GB is promotional and comes and go. It's been $15/4GB promotional for a while. I stupidly gave up my $10/4GB promotional price a few years ago and signed back on at the $15/4GB. The best part of the plan is the $10/GB overage. Actually reasonable.

For those that don't use voice or SMS and can live data only, this plan is awesome.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The 4GB is promotional and comes and go. It's been $15/4GB promotional for a while. I stupidly gave up my $10/4GB promotional price a few years ago and signed back on at the $15/4GB. The best part of the plan is the $10/GB overage. Actually reasonable.

For those that don't use voice or SMS and can live data only, this plan is awesome.
    I tried signing up for a data only plan for my tablet at $15/4GB, but they would not let me do it standalone unless i had a phone plan with them. This was around November and i just walked into a store to ask, not sure if anything has changed since then.

Its depends a lot on the rep you get, its supposed to be an addon for a land line or cellphone plan - but I got away with just straight tablets on the excuse that Fido doesn't have a landline service in Calgary. They might have closed the loophole though.

Two tablets because: If I start to go over 4GB on one, just wifi hotspot off the other until the end of the month.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

^ I don't think so. If you BYOD, you should get the "BYOD Monthly Credit" - those are the exact words on my bill. $10 credit. I don't think you need to have both mobile and home services in order to get the credit.... but maybe I misunderstood what they are saying.

You can then log into the My Telus App and "link" services - mobile services and home services. You can do this at any time. I didn't need to do it in-store or over the phone. Just did it thru the app. The sales rep in store told me after combining it may take 3 months of billing cycles for the additional $10 credit to appear and I'm just about to finish my second cycle. I should probably talk to them and clarify.

Edit: Just chatted with Telus billing dept. They said the same thing as before... two separate credits... the BYOD Monthy Credit and Mobility Home Credit for a total of $20 off the $75 plan. Pretty sweet!!!!!
    The reply I got from Bell when I mentioned this plan: " Hi! Unfortunately, we dont do price matching. But we have run through surveys and what Telus is offering is not what you are actually seeing on their website. If you cancel and port in to them, the total plan will be a hundred dollars or more. They told us that this plan is available with their existing customers."

On Telus Chat they did mention that the BYOD was only avail at country hills and beacon hills telus store locations. But that if I switched online they could waive the 35$ activation and offer a 65$ credit.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Tried Koodo and they wouldn't do anything to match either. All the lady would tell me is they'd do 75$ for 15gb AND I have to do a renewal and take a phone tab. They wouldn't even budget to let me do it BYOD ... which is stupid, I just bought a new Pixel 4 so I'm not gonna take another phone.

Pretty amazing Telus deal. I ended up calling Rogers to see if they could match it, but after 15 years of loyalty they couldn't match it so i'm on the phone with telus now getting set up.

Line 1 - Peace of Mind Connect 20GB $85 (includes unlimited devices such as tablets/watches)
    Line 2 - Peace of Mind 20GB $75
    Family Discount ($5 each line) -$10
    Bundle Discount (internet + tv) -$10
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Total $140/month

Additionally i'm getting $200 bill credit on my internet bill for each line i ported over so $400 total, but i do have to pay $35 connection fee on each line so net $330 bill credits. No contract so if rogers gets back to me with a good winback i can always go back. Previously with Rogers i was at $145 for 20GB shared across all devices so this was a no brainer especially no contract.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That's a nice bundle.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Rogers/Fido are still giving out the $50/15GB + unlimited everything else to my knowledge. Not sure how hard it is to get though.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

^^Is that advertised anywhere?
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    No, but it's a plan that they are able to apply to your account (last I checked it was anyway). Same deal with the $60/15GB plan - it was never advertised, but the plan has to be "active" in their systems to allow the representatives to apply it to your account in most cases. You could call and say you can get that through X company and ask if they offer something similar to fish around a bit and see if they still offer it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    As soon as you port out you'll receive an email about it a few days after.

Lots of people tries to get it through retention unsuccessfully. Some people did have success porting to freedom on the cheapest plan and then as soon as it goes through they go the winback email with the offer and then swapped back over to rogers/fido.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    As soon as you port out you'll receive an email about it a few days after.

Lots of people tries to get it through retention unsuccessfully. Some people did have success porting to freedom on the cheapest plan and then as soon as it goes through they go the winback email with the offer and then swapped back over to rogers/fido.
    FWIW i did ask about when i called Rogers loyalty today and they wouldn't do it. Probably depends on the agent or maybe it's actually true and only available as a winback.

Nice thing about the telus deal is it's not contract, so if you do get a better winback offer from your old provider then you can always switch back.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

WHOOO! Just found the 20gig Telus BYOD plan promo!!! $75 before discounts! Offer expires in two days. BYOD discount and home services discount are $10 each.

Just went over my 10gig plan data allotment for the first time in a year so this works well for me.

Plan you are looking for is :
    PROMO Peace of Mind - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and endless data (20GB High Speed)
    Just switched plans online, took 2 minutes. Stoked to not have anymore data overages!

However the guy in chat says there's no such thing as a $10 BYOD credit
    Last edited by birdman86; 01-20-2020 at 07:08 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I tried to do it online but because my number is with Koodo, they couldn't do it. I also see nothing that indicates a $10 BOYD discount...
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast