Quantcast
Discuss cellphone plans - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss cellphone plans

My Ride
    This and that.

My current plan with Telus is pretty great to be honest. $50 each line with 20GB data due to EPP. But if this Roger plan is real and I get a call back at $36/month then I will happily switch. Though no call back yet though, so let's see.

My Ride
    Lariat

I got a call back from them this weekend but didn't pick it up. Said they will phone again this week. Will see what happens
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I will laugh if this actually is a scam, and they're doing the long con, by setting your account up for you to make it look legit, before the scam happens.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will laugh if this actually is a scam, and they're doing the long con, by setting your account up for you to make it look legit, before the scam happens.
    A simple call to Rogers will eliminate that isn't it?

My Ride
    RX300

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    I got a call back from them this weekend but didn't pick it up. Said they will phone again this week. Will see what happens
    nice, still waiting on a callback. How long did you wait before they called you back?
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Yea no doubt it feels sketchy the way they do it. It seems that Rogers outsources these winback campaigns to third party call centres so that’s why probably why they won’t have Rogers email addresses / phone numbers.

In this case it was legit thankfully. Breathed a huge sigh of relief when I got this confirmation email:
    Attachment 96142
    I was being sold as the $36 being permanent. This looks like its $45 dollar after the 2 year promo period. Still a good deal though

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    A simple call to Rogers will eliminate that isn't it?
    Yeah that's what I did immediately after. Rogers validated the new account number that the guy gave me on the phone, validated my address and name (so that phone won't be shipped to a random dude's house), and i also saw the credit check hit my bureau report. And finally the confirmation email from Rogers showing the plan as described (45-9 = 36). Already got the sim card in the mail too (it was overnighted with fedex).

Name:  CE995092-DED0-4F0C-B8EA-3A8213965032.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  26.6 KB

If this somehow turns out to be a scam it is quite impressive, but i mean everyone should do their own DD and decide if it's worth the risk. The nice thing is that you don't have to cancel your current plan until the final step when you port your number, so little risk of losing your existing good plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    I was being sold as the $36 being permanent. This looks like its $45 dollar after the 2 year promo period. Still a good deal though
    yeah i see that now, but like you say even $45 is still a good deal for 25GB. Not too concerned either way, if i can't convince them to keep the discount going in 2 years citing that the guy told me it's permanent, i'm sure there will be other deals in 2 years time around BF/Boxing Day... that's the beauty of renewing around this time.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Even at $45 it'll be cheaper than the EPP plans on Redflagdeals. $45 is what I would pay on a freedom friends and family discount for 20GB
    I tried calling but havent heard back yet, 25GB for that cost would be a game changer for me

Got a call yesterday from Rogers Winback (i switched from them almost a year ago so surprised it took this long). The deal they offered me is shockingly good:

- Line 1 - $36 for 25GB ($45 but discounted 20%)
    - Line 2 - $36 for 25GB ($45 but discounted 20%)
    - Tablet addon - $10 (shares data with one of the lines)
    Total: $82 + tax

Additionally, they would provide a $300 bill credit towards a new phone.

I had actually placed an order for a new phone with Telus EPP on Black Friday but it was back ordered 4-6 weeks, so going to confirm i can still cancel and if so will be switching back to Rogers as this seems too good to be true.
    Just texted so hopefully he calls me back too. Wifes contract is up with telus and she wants the new 12 pro and all they could do was 24 month interest free financing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    EK Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Just texted so hopefully he calls me back too. Wifes contract is up with telus and she wants the new 12 pro and all they could do was 24 month interest free financing.
    Is there a direct number or email to get in touch with them or do you have to leave a voicemail and hope they call back?

So it’s legit as I called Rogers after the call and they verified the new account number. Just a waiting game now for the back ordered iPhone.

I pm’d you the contact info, give him a shout tomorrow during business hours and give it a shot. I mentioned it to my siblings and a couple friends, they called but it went to VM but maybe they were just closed or busy at the time

Reading on rfd, these winback promos are usually kinda weird like this with random phone numbers and sometimes you have to jump thru hoops, but definitely worth it if you can get it
    Hey, could you also PM me the number? That is a heck of a plan!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I don’t think the number accepts texts. It’s a call centre company called 7x Powered that Rogers contracted this promo out to. Just call and leave a VM, that’s what he told me to do and that’s how my sister got a call back and signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by yipb View Post
    Hey, could you also PM me the number? That is a heck of a plan!
    Number is one of my previous posts in this thread.
    Last edited by sabad66; 12-21-2020 at 08:08 PM.

My Ride
    RX300

I don’t think the number accepts texts. It’s a call centre company called 7x Powered that Rogers contracted this promo out to. Just call and leave a VM, that’s what he told me to do and that’s how my sister got a call back and signed up.

Number is one of my previous posts in this thread.
    so got a callback today, left them a VM last Friday. Kind of tricky though, they asked for the name of the person that gave me that number so I just gave them a buddies name even though I got the number off of here.
    Then he asked which carrier I am currently with (Fido) then he said he'll have a winback agent call me back again.

the guy that called me was just returning my voicemail and can not actually do any offer, seemed odd may just be a screening call to see if eligible based on an actual referral based on name given and if new or existing customer.

not sure if I made the cut, guess will have to wait for another call back... hopefully
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I got a call back today and they left a VM stating they will call back next week. Hopefully they won't call back while I am in the middle of a meeting.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Quote Originally Posted by saiyajin View Post
    so got a callback today, left them a VM last Friday. Kind of tricky though, they asked for the name of the person that gave me that number so I just gave them a buddies name even though I got the number off of here.
    Then he asked which carrier I am currently with (Fido) then he said he'll have a winback agent call me back again.

the guy that called me was just returning my voicemail and can not actually do any offer, seemed odd may just be a screening call to see if eligible based on an actual referral based on name given and if new or existing customer.

not sure if I made the cut, guess will have to wait for another call back... hopefully
    Same happened with me here, first call to screen, then the next guy called, i gave a random name, they offered me the 45, no discount tho unless you are shaw or freedom, 300 credit for device, $45 month to month otherwise

My Ride
    95B

Same here. First call is to return the VM. Wanted to know who referred and I told him that I found this info on a online forum and he said that's fine.
    Second call was to go over the offer.
    So it is $45 for 25gb. Canada wide calling and enhanced VM. If you want to share the data then it is $45 + $10 (In my case it is apple watch). Visual VM is extra. It is another $7. So all in it will be $62 before taxes. I will probably stay with Telus even though this is slightly ($23/Month) cheaper than Telus.
    Last edited by ganesh; 12-22-2020 at 07:06 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Okay so here's an update. I got a call from a 403 number and I answered. The guy on the other hand introduced himself from the winback department and that he was returning my message. I said yes, I was recommended by a friend to call and they asked the name - which I told them. I quizzed him a little bit on who they are and what they do etc and he answered everything as expected.

He did ask who I was currently with and how many lines I would be looking to get etc, which I told him. He asked if my friend had given a specific rep's name and though I had it in my pm's here, I totally forgot so I said now.

But he said he was just returning the voice messages and that another rep would be calling me from either a 403 number or a 888 number later today. That was 3-4 hours ago and since then I haven't had a call so let's see. Will keep everyone in the loop.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 12-22-2020 at 05:58 PM.

My Ride
    95B

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Do you guys remember when I said that the phone company with the best customer service was the phone company that has no customer service?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast