Quantcast
How to mail stuff to China. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: How to mail stuff to China.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Default How to mail stuff to China.

I have an eBay item that I have to return, this is the first time for me sending anything to China. The seller provided me the address but it's all in Chinese. I used Google translate and got what looks to be a correct English version of the address but which one do I put on the envelope (or do I put both)? God help me if I have to hand write it. Any other suggestions for sending a package there? The Canada Post website wasn't too helpful and I don't wanna be the guy holding the super fun post office line up, I'm saving that for when I'm in my 70's. TIA.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Hand Delivery....just don't say you are a tourist...or a teacher...or a diplomat

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have an eBay item that I have to return, this is the first time for me sending anything to China. The seller provided me the address but it's all in Chinese. I used Google translate and got what looks to be a correct English version of the address but which one do I put on the envelope (or do I put both)? God help me if I have to hand write it. Any other suggestions for sending a package there? The Canada Post website wasn't too helpful and I don't wanna be the guy holding the super fun post office line up, I'm saving that for when I'm in my 70's. TIA.
    You have to ask them for an english address, they will provide a translated one and then you enter that. The seller is likely just making it difficult so you don't bother to ship it back.

My Ride
    Lease

Why not just print out the Chinese charactered address, clear tape it on the return package, let Canada post deal with it.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    Why not just print out the Chinese charactered address, clear tape it on the return package, let Canada post deal with it.
    Don't think Canada Post would ship it like that probably cause of the obvious reason of them not being able to read the address on top. What are the chances that the workers at any given time will be able to read Mandarin or Cantonese?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Don't think Canada Post would ship it like that probably cause of the obvious reason of them not being able to read the address on top. What are the chances that the workers at any given time will be able to read Mandarin or Cantonese?
    Possibly a postoffice in china town?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I called eBay to get help with their confusing return policy (namely how the hell to get a return shipping label) and their automated system didn't even try to help, it just said eBay sided with me and a full refund will be given within 2 business days According to their forum, international returns from Canada are a real PITA and there isn't much info about how to do them.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    Possibly a postoffice in china town?
    Possibly gets you past the first step of dropping the package off. But, I would still be worried about the carriers and workers that deal with the package later not knowing what to do with it.

Anyway, sounds like the OP got it sorted out anyway and doesn't need to worry about returning.