Quantcast
Outlook/Hotmail Sudden Influx of Spam? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Outlook/Hotmail Sudden Influx of Spam?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Default Outlook/Hotmail Sudden Influx of Spam?

I have a hotmail email I use to things like Beyond, Amazon, Ebay, forums, itunes etc. Not important stuff really but more or less my catch all email. Since around January 1st I'm getting about 40-50 junk emails in my inbox a day. Its almost as if the spam filters just stopped working entirely. This happened to me once before in about 2017 I believe but I tolerated it for 2-3 months before it kind of sorted itself back out.

Researching online points out that this seems to be a pretty common issue, but the solution always seems to be "turn on exclusive filtering" which in turn would junk everything not in my contact list. So then I'd be constantly going into my junk folder to try and add all of the emails I actually want. I'm worried I'd miss something if I went that route.

I never had an issue before with their spam filtering, I haven't signed up for anything new in the month or so prior to this happening, and I can't seem to adjust any of the settings within the hotmail filter itself. Anyone else notice this as of late? Any fixes beside sending everything to junk and filtering out what is good?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    *The First*

That's not happening to me. Your address must have been released to some sort of Kracken Spam Generator.
    Just imagine how big your dick is gonna be when you cash in on some of them dears.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Try forwarding all mail to a GMAIL account - google has FAR better spam and phishing email filtering that MS or Yahoo for eg.

i use Outlook.com as my main and haven't noticed any increases in spam lately. I find the filtering to be pretty good... most of it does end up in Junk

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    That's not happening to me. Your address must have been released to some sort of Kracken Spam Generator.
    Just imagine how big your dick is gonna be when you cash in on some of them dears.
    I've been using hotmail for a while so my dick is already pretty big from the supplements I've got. Also, can barely handle any more hot horny singles in my area (or cheating housewives) between my business adventures with Nigerian princes and the Rosetta Stone courses I'm taking from one of their trusted affiliates.

Does anyone know any trusted site to check if your email has been added to a known spam site or ways to remove it without actually opening you up for any more spam?
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Anything? The spam messages are getting weirder and weirder. Ceiling fans, dementia medication, funeral costs, air conditioning, "FIVE STAR HOME SECURITY".... up to about 30 a day that aren't getting filtered. The only positive that comes out of this is I now have my credit card and social insurance number memorized from typing it out to these guys so much.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Anytime I get any spam in my ancient hotmail account, I always unsubscribe from them which is typically an option. It still works fine and I rarely get spam.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride

I already gave you a solution that I have used dozens of times for the exact same issue..... it works.

https://www.techlicious.com/blog/gma...eural-network/

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Try this site, it's actually legitimate and will show which company database compromises have affected you.

haveibeenpwned.com

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Anytime I get any spam in my ancient hotmail account, I always unsubscribe from them which is typically an option. It still works fine and I rarely get spam.
    For the legit companies that give you that option yes that works. However most straight up spam just use that to validate the email which I think might be where I got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I already gave you a solution that I have used dozens of times for the exact same issue..... it works.

https://www.techlicious.com/blog/gma...eural-network/
    Right, but then I have to sign up for a new email address with a different provider and at that point wouldn't it just negate even having the old hotmail at all? I don't really see this as a solution as its more of a "just get rid of it and make a new email". I use gmail for my personal business and I am not a fan at all, but I agree that it does have great spam filtering.

At the end of the day if no one else has noticed it or if there aren't any solutions to keep using hotmail/outlook then I guess I'll just have to keep moving every message manually into junk in hopes that it learns that there is no hope for my dick size/mortgage rates/Chase bank account thats been compromised/funeral arrangments/magic tea big pharma doesn't want me to know about. I've tried to adjust the settings but then it sends every email to junk so who knows.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    For the legit companies that give you that option yes that works. However most straight up spam just use that to validate the email which I think might be where I got caught.

Right, but then I have to sign up for a new email address with a different provider and at that point wouldn't it just negate even having the old hotmail at all? I don't really see this as a solution as its more of a "just get rid of it and make a new email". I use gmail for my personal business and I am not a fan at all, but I agree that it does have great spam filtering.

At the end of the day if no one else has noticed it or if there aren't any solutions to keep using hotmail/outlook then I guess I'll just have to keep moving every message manually into junk in hopes that it learns that there is no hope for my dick size/mortgage rates/Chase bank account thats been compromised/funeral arrangments/magic tea big pharma doesn't want me to know about. I've tried to adjust the settings but then it sends every email to junk so who knows.
    Yes you sign up for a Gmail, but you would FORWARD all your HOTMAIL to Gmail as preusmably its not a disposable account.

Even my 'general' email I get the odd notice thats worth reading,