Quantcast
The origins of racism? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The origins of racism?

My Ride
    NC1

Proper integration will result in less racism ? Too simple to say? What say you beyond academics?

After I made an effort to adapt to the Canadian culture, I don't remember the last time I was called ching chong.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:33 PM.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Thanks for the responses.

I guess what we really have to look at is when did people realize other races existed.

For the longest time, it was hard to travel from country to country let alone continent to continent. I'm no history expert but I'd imagine that happened way before colonialism started.

The points about tribalism imo are invalid as we aren't talking about different races.

Now what about the Vikings, they are technically white and possibly one of the first peoples to travel outward and encounter other races...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Youre over looking the obvious - definition:

- "our race of people is superior to yours" has been said and thought by MANY leaders of ancient societies

Also, the inaccurate statement of:

Western civilization is actually the first that strived to colonize other places with other races of people and thus it began...
    ...could ITSELF be considered racist if the intent was to discredit a race based on falsehoods.
    Last edited by revelations; 01-20-2019 at 07:01 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now what about the Vikings, they are technically white and possibly one of the first peoples to travel outward and encounter other races...
    The Vikings were around 800-1000 AD, racism existed long before then. I'm sure all the areas bordering the Mediterranean Sea were the first to have consistent contact with each other.

If you want the truest form of racism in humans, that would be when homo-sapiens started killing off the homo-erectus some 300,000 years ago.

Violent racism? Smallpox in Japan probably a big catalyst. You could actually also say that the Black Plague is responsible for much of Europes internal conflicts centuries later.

Smallpox in Japan killing about 1/3rd of the population, and leaving the other 2/3rds in absolute misery. Oh *snap*

Lets not forget that Japan did violently lash out at the USA, trying to take them down head on (and very nearly succeeded). Balls of steel for an island nation smaller than the British. Probably the main reason why the USA spends so much on military as is now (which has also bankrupted the country)

BTW: I still say that Canada invading the USA is a worthwhile gambit. Even though the odds of winning are low, the prize is arguably worth it. If the USA landed on the moon 49 years ago, they have obviously regressed in physical and production ability to the point where they are drinking sewer water in Texas - and are ripe for conquest. USA is on the backfoot, in full out wall building pure defense mode (McCain flying the most advanced aircraft known to man, and still being shot down)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-21-2019 at 07:07 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    After I made an effort to adapt to the Canadian culture, I don't remember the last time I was called ching chong.
    I think we got better, but social media make everyone regressed.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I think we got better, but social media make everyone regressed.
    Not everyone. It just gave a bigger audience to the loudest jerks.

Social media gives a voice to those who are rarely heard. The vast majority of people tend to not have competing ideas thrown at them, until they hit the internet.

Its like arguing left and right, when you technically only see things in shades of green. When things start coming at you in red, yellow and magenta and twenty other colours - you can either rise to meet the challenge or just push everyone else away and stick with your colour.

Is Kaepernick racist against America? Hard to say. From my perspective he appears to me, as green arguing against blue-green. The most true racist in the USA, probably the now deceased John McCain. Trump from what I can tell is not a racist, he is elitist. Not that being elitist is all bad, you want an elitist if you want to be a global leader in production of goods.

Why do native americans hate European colonization: Exact same reason that Japan bombed Hawaii, the 33% population cull from intentionally distributing smallpox infected items to the people you intend to conquer. Which is of course, a completely valid reason for racism (Death on mass scale)

People say that biological warfare is right up there with nukes, and should never be used in the future. Thing is - if you look at history Smallpox was literally one of the greatest weapons that European nations had at their disposal - and they used it to great effect for thousands of years. Arguably Smallpox did more for racial warfare than guns ever did. Imagine a disease that wipes out 100 million US citizens in two weeks, and you instantly have a valid reason for everything under the sun, including playing the race card.

Origin of Racism? #1 Intentional use of Smallpox.

Just a Zen momentary opinion. Left and right? Irrelevant, the AI cares not for "monetary systems" or black or white. Racism also becomes irrelevant when the AI rules. Silly humans.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-21-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2