Quantcast
Best/reliable washer dryer combos... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best/reliable washer dryer combos...

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Default Best/reliable washer dryer combos...

Our kenmore elite washer machine jist kicked the bucket for the second time in 3 months. Not gonna repair it this time...

Looking for front load and stackable, reliable with a 2k budget.

LG seems to have some good reviews.. our repair guy said Samsung's fall apart pretty quickly. Any other input?

I have a samsung pair bought a few years ago and haven't had any issues with them. The washer had to have a recall done on it because the tops were literally coming off during high speed unbalanced spin cycles, lol. That's probably what your guy was talking about.

My only complaint is I don't like how they did the lint trap on my model. They are front load but not stackable. The lint trap seems to let a bunch past and it pisses me off. Can't slack off in checking/cleaning the ducts every now and then.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    *The First*

These types of appliances are actually only made by 2-3 companies, so look into who is actually who.
    I'm positive that the 2016 Kenmore Elite top loader was a Samsung because I was going to buy one. Whirlpool is one of the actual manufacturers that makes 5+ other brands.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Samsung’s have been good for me.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    bus

Last edited by redblack; 08-26-2019 at 07:37 PM.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

What was the price range on the samsungs?

Quote Originally Posted by redblack View Post
    My Samsung washer and dryer has lasted me 11 years and still going strong. The only thing I’ve fixed so far was a noisy belt pulley in the dryer. $22 part from amazon and 15 minutes of my time to replace it.
    Our Samsung pair are ten years old and still going strong with not one issue over those ten years.
    Will fuck off, again.

Samsung pair here as well, only a year in but no issues. My only minor concern is the high spin speed can be felt in the surrounding rooms (2nd floor laundry room). Checked the leveling and it seems fine, not sure if that's normal.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Samsung is way to go from my experience.
    I purchased one for the commercial(Hotel) setting hoping to last a year as a back up(Very heavy usage despite I call it a backup unit), it actually survived 2 years. Others that I have used only lasted between 3 to 8 months.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Samsung here too. Been a year with no issues. They are non stackable as they have top and side load features. My only issue was I had to enlarge the drain/trap in my wall from 2" to 2.5" to accept the drain from the washer. Probably not an issue if your house is new.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

We have 8 year old LGs. Never had an issue.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    These types of appliances are actually only made by 2-3 companies, so look into who is actually who.
    I'm positive that the 2016 Kenmore Elite top loader was a Samsung because I was going to buy one. Whirlpool is one of the actual manufacturers that makes 5+ other brands.
    Here's the thing I was talking about. Skip to 20:20 to see who actually makes what. It's a quick glimpse, but if you pause you can see it.

I have a pair of Samsung and they're tolerable. 5 years old. They don't impress me but none of these shitty machines that use zero water but use two hours of electricity to wash clothes impress me.
    My next appliances will be bought with the most platinum bullshit extended warranties available and probably from Visions so if I don't use the warranty (unlikely) they will give me a gift card supposedly.
    Actually I see my entire fleet of appliances is Samsung. They're all tolerable except the dishwasher. It doesn't do a good job of anything it's supposed to and I've had to do maintenance on it twice. Thankfully easy home fixes but it's shitty. And it's fucking noisy.

Here's the thing I was talking about. Skip to 20:20 to see who actually makes what. It's a quick glimpse, but if you pause you can see it.

I have a pair of Samsung and they're tolerable. 5 years old. They don't impress me but none of these shitty machines that use zero water but use two hours of electricity to wash clothes impress me.
    My next appliances will be bought with the most platinum bullshit extended warranties available and probably from Visions so if I don't use the warranty (unlikely) they will give me a gift card supposedly.
    Actually I see my entire fleet of appliances is Samsung. They're all tolerable except the dishwasher. It doesn't do a good job of anything it's supposed to and I've had to do maintenance on it twice. Thankfully easy home fixes but it's shitty. And it's fucking noisy.
    Is there much in your life that you are happy with because your posts on your short time on beyond would seem to indicate otherwise?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Is there much in your life that you are happy with because your posts on your short time on beyond would seem to indicate otherwise?
    You and I are answering the same question from the OP just in a different way. It's not keeping me up at night but I'm not sure how to be bubbly enough for you while talking about something as mundane as appliance shopping.
    Sorry you work for Samsung and that my mediocre review will plummet your stock options in Monday morning. Maybe your misery is so overpowering that you're projecting it onto me and assuming I'm the same way?
    Don't worry because I'm positive that I don't care.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

We've had a pair of LG front loads for 6 years, no issues so far. The fridge and dishwasher are different stories entirely. 1 fridge fixed twice then replaced, I have fixed the replacement once. Dishwasher fixed twice.

You and I are answering the same question from the OP just in a different way. It's not keeping me up at night but I'm not sure how to be bubbly enough for you while talking about something as mundane as appliance shopping.
    Sorry you work for Samsung and that my mediocre review will plummet your stock options in Monday morning. Maybe your misery is so overpowering that you're projecting it onto me and assuming I'm the same way?
    Don't worry because I'm positive that I don't care.
    I work for Samsung? Well that is news to me, how do you know so much more about me than I do?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    We have 8 year old LGs. Never had an issue.
    We also have 8 year old LG steam pair and it works pretty well. We don’t use the steam options.

The thing with appliance recommendations is that for every person that loves X brand, someone else has a horror story for it. On top of that, most appliances are made by only a handful of companies so there is a good chance you're just buying the same thing anyway if you try to avoid a certain brand based on someone's anecdotal experience. Just buy what works for you and your budget from one of the major brands and that's about all you can reasonably do. If you go with one of the more "exotic" brands, make sure getting parts/repairs isn't too bad.

My own anecdotal experience:

17 year old Frigidaire Gallery Professional appliances (Oven/gas range, fridge, and microwave) - zero problems

5 year old LG washer/dryer - zero problems

~10 year old low-end LG dish washer, range, and microwave - zero problems until we broke the oven ourselves haha

LG has been good to us, and price is usually quite reasonable - I would buy them again without hesitation.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The thing with appliance recommendations is that for every person that loves X brand, someone else has a horror story for it. On top of that, most appliances are made by only a handful of companies so there is a good chance you're just buying the same thing anyway if you try to avoid a certain brand based on someone's anecdotal experience. Just buy what works for you and your budget from one of the major brands and that's about all you can reasonably do. If you go with one of the more "exotic" brands, make sure getting parts/repairs isn't too bad.

My own anecdotal experience:

17 year old Frigidaire Gallery Professional appliances (Oven/gas range, fridge, and microwave) - zero problems

5 year old LG washer/dryer - zero problems

~10 year old low-end LG dish washer, range, and microwave - zero problems until we broke the oven ourselves haha

LG has been good to us, and price is usually quite reasonable - I would buy them again without hesitation.
    Yep. This is the truth.
    You want to look for patterns of like or dislike. 15 years ago I heard nothing but shit about LG. Things change as it now seems more positive experiences.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Awesome guys thanks, basically seems like a game of Russian roulette. Is it worth buying extended warranty?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast