Quantcast
Lots of clothes - what's your item? What's your story? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of clothes - what's your item? What's your story?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Lots of clothes - what's your item? What's your story?

So I recall a member here mention they have 14+ polo shirts, which seemed like a lot to me. Then yesterday I was cleaning up my sock drawer and started counting. I have 55 pairs of socks, which surprised me.

What item of clothing do you have a lot of? Do you collect that item on purpose or did it just happen?

For me with the socks, it just happened. I have a few pairs of ski socks, some extra thick winter socks, regular wool socks, shortie summer socks, plus "normal" thin daik socks. There's no need for me to have 50+ pairs. I could pare that down to 25 without hardship.

So, what's your story?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Shoes...just kind of happened

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Who'd have guessed that Mr Pink would be a Kondo-ite

My Ride
    06 S2000

I mean, I have too many clothes in general. I have 5+ flannel shirts, 25+ t-shirts, 15+ hoodies, and like 15+ tank tops for the gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    rally pig

Was probably part of the hoard group but as I'm slowly moving to a minimalist lifestyle, I've sold/donated a lot of my old clothes.

Last year I sold about 10 my polo shirts , donated over 20 business/dress shirts, 10 business pants, 30+ tshirts and polo shirts.
    I also have over 50 pair of socks, I chose 20 that I use often (light summer socks, hiking shots, wool socks, snowboard socks) and the rest put them in a box.
    Still have lots of sweaters and jackets so I need to figure out what to do with those.

I think at one point I wanted every color of polo shirts from Lacoste, Burberry and Penguin haha.
    But now most of my clothes are neutral colors and havent bought any clothes or shoes in a while.

The less time I spend figuring out what to wear, the more time I get to do more productive stuff.
    My work clothes is typically a khaki pant and polo shirt (have about 10 for work)
    For every day clothes, tshirt and pants and I'm good.
    Last edited by taemo; 01-23-2019 at 09:50 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Way too many plain black, grey or white t-shirts. I don't think there is something as too many boxers so forget that.
    Ultracrepidarian

Saxx underwear. Seemed to be the only safe thing I could buy, as I have gradually put on more weight over the last couple years and they seem to fit a wide range of waist sizes. Last I checked had around 2 dozen pairs. I may own 3 pairs of shoes total, I only buy them if I have to, but my wife has been getting shoes for me for xmas lately. Probably embarrassed at how they look some days.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

About 2 years ago I decided that it's quality over quantity, and since I work in a small office (<5 ppl) and don't do alot of customer facing activities, I just try to stick with one brand and call it a day. My wife HATES it as it literately looks like I wear the same cloths everyday.

Pants - American Eagle for Jeans, Kit and Ace for others.
    Shirts - Kit and Ace
    Workout cloths - Lululemon
    Underwear - SAXX
    Socks - Puma
    Casual shoes - Adidas (NMD and Ultraboost)
    Formal shoes - Cole Haan (Grand Pro)
    Jacket - Kit and Ace or Arc'teryx

That said, I'm not a minimalist. I probably have 20+ Kit Ace shirts, 10+ pairs of ultraboosts/NMDs, 15+ pairs of SAXX, etc..

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Oakley 3/4 length shirts i say i have 20+. They have soft fabric and i can get away with wearing them at work and casually.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Saxx underwear. Seemed to be the only safe thing I could buy, as I have gradually put on more weight over the last couple years and they seem to fit a wide range of waist sizes. Last I checked had around 2 dozen pairs. I may own 3 pairs of shoes total, I only buy them if I have to, but my wife has been getting shoes for me for xmas lately. Probably embarrassed at how they look some days.
    I have really became a fan of 2UNDR, i find that Saxx dont have the same kind of quality they first did. 2UNDR and B3neth are now my go to for underwear. It seems anytime i hit a Winners or Marshalls i can find a pair or two every other time i go.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Im a bit of an outdoor jacket whore.. but they all serve a purpose!

Puffies - Patagonia Down, Micropuff, 2x Nano puffs (had 3, one is being turned into a dog jacket), Outdoor Research Uberlayer, OR Deviator
    Shells - OR Skyward II, OR Ferrosi, Patagonia Winter Guide, Arcteryx FL, Arc Incendo, Patagonia River Salt, Patagonia Torrentshell

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post

Puffies - Patagonia Down, Micropuff, 2x Nano puffs (had 3, one is being turned into a dog jacket), Outdoor Research Uberlayer, OR Deviator
    Shells - OR Skyward II, OR Ferrosi, Patagonia Winter Guide, Arcteryx FL, Arc Incendo, Patagonia River Salt, Patagonia Torrentshell
    This. And you always need something ratty for things like fishing or trips out to the shooting range.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I have a lot of the exact same sock, 16 pairs. I just find them comfortable (extra thick soles). I have a lot of pajama sets too, because for some reason people keep buying them for me for xmas, even though I don't sleep in them at all.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This. And you always need something ratty for things like fishing or trips out to the shooting range.
    ya the nanopuffs are pretty much my dedicated fishing jackets now.. beat up, but who's gonna notice on the river

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Sneakers........
    ...@therealarifjina...

Dress shirts, underwear and socks for me.

Probably like 20+ dress shirts, 30-40% are just whites though.
    Somewhere around 30 CK underwear.
    Maybe 15-20 pairs of dress socks and another 10-15 ankle socks for gym/casual wear.

Sneakers and underwear.... could wear a different combo every day for a few years

I used to have so many silk-screened T-Shirts with whatever brand name was 'in' at the time throughout Jr High / High School. My parents tried to get me to buy $15 shirts from Costco instead of of the garbage quality $30 branded tees that I wanted. I grew out of that pretty fast, now if I can see the brand name I don't even want it, and anything silk-screened is awful (looks like crap after a few washes anyway and doesn't breathe). Same with Jeans, they had to be certain brands and cost 3X what a good pair of jeans needs to cost. I don't know who I was trying to impress with all my Quicksilver and Billabong T-shirts back in the day I guess they matched my silver/blue Oakley sunglasses that everyone had. I was such a loser.

I'm the total opposite now, I don't even buy clothes unless they're on sale and I won't buy anything with a visible brand name unless it's very subtle. So many stores are 40-70% off often enough that I sometimes wonder who these people are who buy anything at full price. I have got nice clothes from Costco, Gap outlet, J Crew, etc. for hilarious prices that are perfect for daily wear or work. I have a lot of Gap polos and Gap plain T-Shirts/under shirts, can't go wrong at $10-15 and quality is identical to the $80-$100 shirts.

I have a ton of underwear (I like the My Package brand - got 20+ pairs on The Last Hunt) and socks, I like both to feel new all the time so I buy a lot. For socks I just buy Costco packs of Puma or whatever they have. I used to buy Lululemon underwear but it was surprisingly bad quality and wore out really fast, even having never been put in the dryer. And it had no "pouch" like Saxx or My Package to keep the balls off the legs.

For workout clothes, I like the Gap's brand of "active" wear, mostly just gym shirts. Lululemon is good but you can buy essentially the exact same shirt for $15 instead of $80. The few Lululemon things I do own (shirts, sweatpants, hoodie) though I really like. Costco sometimes has Puma workout shirts that are also really nice.

Dress clothes are all full custom, since there is nothing better (IMO) and they are a fraction of the cost of anything with a high-end brand name. Dress shoes are all Allen Edmonds - it's cheaper to buy shoes that last forever than $100 shoes every 6 months, plus they look better. At work now though is basically Khakis and a dressy sweater or polo every day, so I haven't refreshed my dress clothes in years.

Footwear / Coats / Winter wear etc. I have no problem spending money on to buy the best because they last so long, but those things are perpetually on sale anyway so it's not a big deal.

The Last Hunt is an awesome website if you know your size, they have tons of high quality / high end clothing and footwear for 40-60% off all the time. No returns though so you need to be 100% sure it fits. I've used them numerous times and it's been great.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Same here. I now have a dedicated closet for them.

My Ride
    NC1

wow some of you guys haha

I live so simple I can fit everything I have into a van lol

5-6 pairs of shoes
    5-6 jackets
    4 pairs of jeans
    5-6 dress shirts
    dozen t-shirts
    dozen pairs of underwear and socks lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100