Quantcast
Why is no-one talking about why Enmax charges 99c more than Direct Energy? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Why is no-one talking about why Enmax charges 99c more than Direct Energy?

Default Why is no-one talking about why Enmax charges 99c more than Direct Energy?

So I googled this to check to see if this is "too good to be true, there must be a catch"; I couldn't find anything that's why I am asking the forum here:

Why is Enmax charging a 99c fee per GJ for "Delivery charges" for natural gas floating rate? Direct Energy just charges the floating rate. I am not including the fixed admin fee that both companies charge - there is a $1 difference per month between the two (Direct Energy is $1 more).

When I google this, I just find mostly discussion about the fixed rate, and a few sites about how the delivery charge has gone from 40c to 99c over the years.

Nobody cares about this?

Quote Originally Posted by supesgolfr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I googled this to check to see if this is "too good to be true, there must be a catch"; I couldn't find anything that's why I am asking the forum here:

Why is Enmax charging a 99c fee per GJ for "Delivery charges" for natural gas floating rate? Direct Energy just charges the floating rate. I am not including the fixed admin fee that both companies charge - there is a $1 difference per month between the two (Direct Energy is $1 more).

When I google this, I just find mostly discussion about the fixed rate, and a few sites about how the delivery charge has gone from 40c to 99c over the years.

Nobody cares about this?
    If they cared why would they sign the contract?

When I shopped around a few weeks ago it was one of the reasons I didn't pick Enmax.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

People are talking about it, at Tim Horton's and other early morning denture aficionado meeting places.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

.. "on the internet". I just want to read what people think. I find it unbelievable there is such a difference in price and no-one on the internet seems to care.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Maybe has to do with many people who are grandfathered. I just switched from Enmax to Atco during their last promo, my Enmax was just the floating rate, no extra. My parents were with Enmax as well but they bought a new house a few years back, and theirs was +99c per GJ. Most people probably don't care though, as all the other fees make up a much larger portion of the bill.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:44 PM.

No need to be rude. If the reason is "because Direct Energy rips you off" - then that's the answer, and is what I'm looking for. And no, I don't work for Direct Energy. It's my first post, because I talk car stuff in other forums and I wanted to ask a Calgary specific question. Is there a rule against this?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Maybe because direct energy ends up ripping everybody that signs up with them off?

The few people I know that switched over for cheaper rates ended up paying significantly more on their monthly bill.
    I can't speak for your friends, but I signed up starting January last year and aren't paying any more than previously with Enmax. The only difference is the increase in carbon tax, which I'm suuuuurreee, they took into account, right?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:43 PM.

I myself got scammed by Direct Energy about 15 years ago by one of those salespeople and paid an enormous amount more than other people and was locked into a contract. Thankfully eventually the laws changed and I was able to get out which is why I switched to Enmax. However, given my experience I don't like to feel like I'm getting scammed, and I feel charging 99c more than a regulated rate sounds scammy to me, especially if the competitor isn't doing it which is why I'm switching back. I am sticking with Enmax for electricity though.

First off Direct Energy tried to scam me by tricking my GF in 2008 to show them my bill, then switched me to DE via forging my signature on the contract, so Direct Energy will never get my money. Lucky for me she mentioned that someone came to the door and asked to see my Enmax bill, after a day of investigation I was able to cancel the contract. To this day Direct Energy has ignored all my requests for further discussion on this.

Second; The bottom line is what counts. After all the BS fees, taxes, riders, short fall charges, fees to administer the fees and rebates what is the total for the services? I try to do the math for one year worth of service and compare between Enmax and Atco. Because I'm on EasyMax right now and switching will increase my bill by approx. $20/month I'm staying where I am until Enmax cancels the EasyMax program.

Quote Originally Posted by supesgolfr View Post
    I myself got scammed by Direct Energy about 15 years ago by one of those salespeople and paid an enormous amount more than other people and was locked into a contract. Thankfully eventually the laws changed and I was able to get out which is why I switched to Enmax. However, given my experience I don't like to feel like I'm getting scammed, and I feel charging 99c more than a regulated rate sounds scammy to me, especially if the competitor isn't doing it which is why I'm switching back. I am sticking with Enmax for electricity though.
    Is it just me, or do all your posts sound like a sales script?

Direct Energy screwed so many things up for me. Latest house purchase took 3 weeks to get power turned on there even though I had all arranged to not be turned off in the first place. After 3 weeks and being on hold for over an hour each time i called Direct Energy the easiest way to get power turned on was to simply change companies. Then it took months to get final invoices etc, it was just a huge pain and I'll never deal with them again.

I can't comment to any type of 99 cent difference, I don't like being angry so I just don't even look at my bill other than to see the total price. But I can say with all certainty that my combined power and gas bill after switching to Enmax, was most certainly lower than adding up my 2 separate gas and electricity bills when I was with Direct Energy.