Prescription Eyewear - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prescription Eyewear

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude_dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I go to this play downtown: PlusMa Eyewear & Optometrists - 912 5 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0N7, Canada

My eyes are terrible at -6.5 and -6.
    Mine is -11, -11.25. LOL

I don't even qualify for laser as it would only bring it down to -2 or -3-ish.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post

Mine is -11, -11.25. LOL

Holy shit, I thought i was blind as a bat, you are damn near close. Correct if I am wrong, but i thought in Canada any thing greater than -8 is considered legally blind? You could qualify for a handicap card and get VIP parking

My friends that have had laser eye surgery; they all have dry eyes after. I already have severely try eyes as it is; almost to the point that i need a prescription for eye drops (i believe restasis); i think laser eye surgery would just make it worse and just be pointless for me.

I go to this play downtown: PlusMa Eyewear & Optometrists - 912 5 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0N7, Canada

Been going there for 7 years. I stare at a computer, phone and monitor 10+ hours a day probably. My eyes are terrible at -6.5 and -6. Fortunately i have a health spending account, so I spend a ton on glasses.

PlusMa is the only store in Calgary that i know of that carries these two brands:

- IcBerlin!
    - Markus T

They carry all the other run of the mill high end designer brands as well. These two brands stick out to me because they are both german companies. They both use screw less designs and both are super light and strong frames. Markus T for example; their frames are made either from titanium or their patented synthetic plastic titanium mix. Ic Berlin is just very light stainless steel. You have to try it on to believe it; you can barely feel the glasses on your face. Bear in mind just like a BMW.... these things cost alot more than your typical designer frames. I believe they start at $400+ just for the frames.

They also carry some really small japanese brands too that use like rare woods and stuff like that; again that stuff i've seen easily $500 plus as well.
    Meh I’ve had titanium frames before. Titanium is more brittle than steel and has less flex as a result. Also if they break that’s it for them as they can’t be welded back together.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post

Mine is -11, -11.25. LOL

I would probably still do it. I'm at -2 and can still function without them. At least in my house.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I can’t imagine the amount of strain your eyes must go through day to day at -11. Lenses can only help so much.

I have been contemplating correction surgery lately for just that reason, I don’t mind wearing glasses, but I find myself so tired from what I perceive to be eye strain all the time. One of my issues is I have a dose amount of disparity between eyes, -4 and -6.5.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I can’t imagine the amount of strain your eyes must go through day to day at -11. Lenses can only help so much.

I have been contemplating correction surgery lately for just that reason, I don’t mind wearing glasses, but I find myself so tired from what I perceive to be eye strain all the time. One of my issues is I have a dose amount of disparity between eyes, -4 and -6.5.
    I've gotten used to it. My phone is always on night mode and I have that f.lux app running on both my home and work desktop computers to mitigate eye strain from the blue light.

I can get lens implants instead of laser but it's ungodly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I would probably still do it. I'm at -2 and can still function without them. At least in my house.
    Holy shit, I thought i was blind as a bat, you are damn near close. Correct if I am wrong, but i thought in Canada any thing greater than -8 is considered legally blind? You could qualify for a handicap card and get VIP parking

My friends that have had laser eye surgery; they all have dry eyes after. I already have severely try eyes as it is; almost to the point that i need a prescription for eye drops (i believe restasis); i think laser eye surgery would just make it worse and just be pointless for me.
    I think I have to lose depth perception as well to be legally blind. I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

I've also had a retinal detachment where I've needed emergency scleral buckle surgery, so I don't want to mess around further with my eyes. Especially if it doesn't fix the problem entirely.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2