Quantcast
Weird small things that give you joy. - Page 74 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1766

Thread: Weird small things that give you joy.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

People who are hilariously tone deaf
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    NC1

Slow releases
    Just don’t grip so hard
    Let it go
    Let go of the control
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

When I was in college we'd hang out at this one kid's place, and whenever a girl knocked on the door he'd get them to say the password. The password of course was Idaho. At 18 years old I hated that and I hated him. At 41 I find myself thinking about it a lot. It's so childish and stupid and the frustrated, defeated way they'd say "I da ho" really makes me laugh.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Story time boys.

So there I was, changing out some headlight bulbs on my truck on the street at an auto parts store when two guys come up. I'm not really into talking to people at the best of times, but being that I'm halfway through a job that can't stay halfway done I'm kind of fucked. They ask me questions and tell me about similar trucks they've had. All nice enough conversation. I got the lights in, said see you later boys, and started to leave. The one guy asked me if it was fully loaded. I said you're fuckin right it is. Then I can see him kind of peeking inside. "No sunroof though." No, no sunroof. "So it's not fully loaded."

I got InRich'd by a skinny shirtless guy on a fuckin pedalbike on North Railway in Medicine Hat.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    Story time boys.

So there I was, changing out some headlight bulbs on my truck on the street at an auto parts store when two guys come up. I'm not really into talking to people at the best of times, but being that I'm halfway through a job that can't stay halfway done I'm kind of fucked. They ask me questions and tell me about similar trucks they've had. All nice enough conversation. I got the lights in, said see you later boys, and started to leave. The one guy asked me if it was fully loaded. I said you're fuckin right it is. Then I can see him kind of peeking inside. "No sunroof though." No, no sunroof. "So it's not fully loaded."

I got InRich'd by a skinny shirtless guy on a fuckin pedalbike on North Railway in Medicine Hat.
    LMAO. Owned.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm out of rep but this is priceless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm out of rep but this is priceless to me.
    I got him on your behalf.

My Ride
    V8s

I’m out of reps too, but that gave me a chuckle. A+.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

North Railway is the mecca of skinny shirtless guys on pedalbikes. Not sure if its the Corona or what is over there that attracts them like moths to a flame but that is their stomping grounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Watch out for this outdoors enthusiast dude. He's not as jolly as he seems.
    Name:  images (7).jpeg
Views: 426
Size:  8.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I was looking up old posts randomly and found this gem.

I miss Mibz, lmao.

Name:  Screenshot_20230606_100004_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  322.0 KB

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

There's no way shirtless Chad isn't a Beyonder, amazing. haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

While driving home from work a dump truck a couple of car lengths ahead of me died.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    There's no way shirtless Chad isn't a Beyonder, amazing. haha
    He met SKR and zinged the zingmaster. He should be very proud.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Getting one of my daughters back, it is a huge small thing that gives my wife and I some joy - it's been just over a year since I posted here and I had to step away because other things needed attention more than an existence on a forum where I had developed some friendships.

Be forewarned that this will be a wall of text but you'll see why and most of you will probably think I am shitting you - that no one family could go through so much in the span of one year.

I'll back track back to when I opted to disappear from Beyond, it was less than a week before that our biological daughter entered into a 12 week addictons treatment program - she would've been 23 at the time and had struggled with marijuana but it was compounded by the fact that she is one of those rare people that also has cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome plus a variety of mental health issues. This was also compounded by a man she chose to live with who led her down the marijuana path in an excessive way. He was also mentally and physically abusive but there was nothing we could do to stop the relationship - you can't pick the person your kid opts to hook-up with, you can only watch from the sidelines.

She did everything within her power to not go to treatment and in the first few days she was not a patient who was buying into their system but a counselor made a connection with her and for the first time in years we were seeing our real daughter, thinking on her own and not being controlled. Then May 31st, 2022 came along and we were dealt another whammy - our 24 year old stepdaughter had been in a car accident downtown along with her bf - my wife got the phone call from her work as my wife and I were her emergency contacts. All we knew is it was fairly serious and that the 2 of them were headed to Foothills in separate ambulances. 20 minutes later, my wife gets a call from the Foothils to come in and identify them as they both came in without ID. So we start getting ready to go and another phone call from the ICU saying it was now critical as our stepdaughter was being moved to the ICU.

But my wife arrived too late and our stepdaughter had already passed - I never saw my stepdaughter but from what my wife told me and also one of the attending police officers, it was not an pretty scene. Several days go by and we then find out what actually happened, our stepdaughter had been run over by her bf. Now I'm going to skip a lot of stuff but we had to get the news to our biological daughter because she was the reason our stepdaughter came into our lives. Now she is supposed to, have no visitation but the center made an exception this case and when our daughter came into the room where we were seated, she knew it could only be bad news. That was a tough 24 hours, losing one kid and having to tell another in lockdown treatment that her sister had been killed - we thought this would derail her but she was probably in the best place e she could have been 2ith a multitude of resources available to her and 6 weeks later she marbled out (graduated).

Now the Xmas lights on our home have been on 24 hours a day since May 31st as that was our stepdaughter favorite color and they'll remain lit red until we have resolution. Now it needs to be noted that we tried to recreate the accident as the bf said it occurred but anywhere we've tried would show that it was deliberate control of the vehicle that ended up with our stepdaughter being dragged underneath and pinned there until fire crews could use the jaws of life to remove her almost lifeless body. He has pretty much disappeared since then and the case is now in the courts.

So back to our biological daughter, we had our real daughter back for about 7 weeks but then she hooked up with a 42 year old man she met in her program. In short order, she moved in with him and he began controlling her, both mentally and physically. That relationship took it's turns and tumbles and ended up with her almost losing her life I mi-September due to a beating he took upon her, both physically and sexually asualting her and it was only 2 passerbys who saw him beating her that saved her life. Of course he convinced her to go off of all of her mental health meds, her asthma meds as well as birth control and introduced her to meth.

Then came the 54 year old bf whom she emet through the 42 year old, this guy had spent most of his life on the streets but had come into a chunk of money (residential school settlement) and he began showering her with gifts including a car. How he also continued the control of her but in a much more subtle way, mentally at first and eventually physically. Fast forward to the end of September and they had taken the bus out to Regina to get the car and on the first night heading back to Calgary, they went to sleep in the car and she decided to try to take her own life by popping 30 high strength Tylenol - we get the call from Regina General Hospital and off we go to sit and watch her on death's door for almost a week and somehow she pulled through. We headed back to Calgary and they followed up a few days later in the new to her car on an in-transit sticker.

Now meth was still a regular thing in their lives and about 2.5 weeks later they decide to do a day triip to Edmonton, they take along some homeless guy they met at a 7/11 wh9 liked the car. That night, we get a call from our daughter who was at the Royal Alexandra Hospital and she says they've been in a car accident. Another day goes by and the details emerge, she said they all smoked meth and were drinking before they left Calgary. She was driving on her learners permit but there was no one else in the car with a DL but it gets better as the police find open liquor in the car and a meth pipe as well. But it gets better, the homeless guy - he dies instantly in the accident. And eve better, there was no insurance or registration on the car.

And from that point in late September, our daughter and her 54 year old bf opted to live on the streets in Edmonton, Regina and Calgary - even through temperatures below -30C they slept rough, ate out of dumpsters, picked bottles and somehow kept meth and alcohol in the picture. We were the good parents and the bad parents and it cost us a lot of money and early this year we made the decisions to let go - our biological daughter was now also dead to us as well, lost to drugs and the streets.

Every phone call from an unknown number or the door bell ringing was us expecting the police to deliver the news of our daughter's demise but then a weird small thing happened about 10 days ago, I get a call from an unknown number and it's our daughter and we had an hour long conversation that was the first rational conversation we had had with her in at least 9 months. She and the now 55 year old bf split up and she had met a man much closer to her age that convinced her to get off of the streets, off of the drugs and call her parents.

Now I've left an enormous amount of details out because this would be an even bigger wall of text but we have at least 1 daughter back, early days but we'll take it. The red lights are still on and our biological daughter has a lot of legal stuff to deal with but the additional good news is that she wasn't the driver of the car, she was covering for the ashole bf who was actually driving the car which is what EPS had reported.

So yeah, we have a little bit of joy in our lives which is better than the past 12 months of crud that we have dealt with and to top if all off, my mil was on death's door as well for about 5 weeks last summer. My wife and I are still standing but it has been an emotional and physical roller-coaster and it's not finished yet - the bf who killed our stepdaughter needs to go to jail and our biological daughter needs to address the many issues in her life now.

I'll probably still stay away from here still but thought it was only fair to some Beyond members whom I have befriended to provide a bit of an update for them and it is also somewhat therapeutic for me to talk about it - it's like a movie but we've been living it IRL.
    Last edited by speedog; 06-07-2023 at 11:06 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Damn man… there really isn’t much one can stay to all of what you’ve been through that your circle of people probably hasn’t said already, but it does take some serious bravery to share this. So many people keep these things bottled up for whatever self-conscious reasons they have, and letting it out is so important. Happy you have some light coming through!

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Damn man… there really isn’t much one can stay to all of what you’ve been through that your circle of people probably hasn’t said already, but it does take some serious bravery to share this. So many people keep these things bottled up for whatever self-conscious reasons they have, and letting it out is so important. Happy you have some light coming through!
    And to think, I've only listed the most significant highlights - there's so much more. How about the 42 year old threatening to kill both my wife and I and we have never met the man - have a restraining order out against him. Probably some of the shittiest days were when I'd drive by a dumpster and see my daughter and her 54 year old bf in the dumpster looking for food. How about the stepdaughter 's bf mqking up a new FB account and start seeking woman just 2 days after he killed our stepdaughter. Having to go to court just to get some clothing for our stepdaughter funeral because the bf and his mother changed the locks on the apartment. And I could go on and on.

It's been a fucking surreal year from hell, my wife turned to the bottle in a huge way but got herself clean and myself, I kind of zoned out more than I should have. My wife, myself and 2 of my sons are all on mental health meds and also talking to/seeing various therapists - my daughter has sought out no help but is now amicable to that, the amount of trauma she's endured is well beyond what anyone should experience without getting some help.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

I am at a loss for words @speedog . That broke my heart to hear about your situation. I am glad you got your daughter back, and I hope and pray that the journey to healing continues.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by gmc72 View Post
    I am at a loss for words @speedog . That broke my heart to hear about your situation. I am glad you got your daughter back, and I hope and pray that the journey to healing continues.
    Wish you healing @speedog

1 day at a time. 1% better. All the best. Stay strong.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast