Quantcast
Any personal trainers on here? Please chime in - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Any personal trainers on here? Please chime in

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's to say? BF% seems like an all over the map thing. I've heard people say things like "Anything under 10% is RIPPED" On calipers, I come out to 8%, and I'm soft for my normal self. Bottom abs are a little washed, definitely no feathering at all. If I'm dieted up for Mexico vacation I'm more like 6-7%, and competition dieted is like 3%.

And Normal is a bit subjective. I normally eat fairly keto'ish Mon-Fri, cheat meals only on weekends, so under 10% is pretty normal for me. Is it normal for others? No probably not, but only because normal people don't exercise 5 times a week, eat fast food as the majority of their food consumption, and guzzle pop instead of water when they're thirsty.
    How the hell do you not have full abs at 8%?

Let me rephrase being "normal". Its not healthy.

For males the main concern is lowered testosterone. Its proven when you take your bodyfat below 5% and under your testosterone can drop up to 75%. This can lead to alot of bad things.
    For females it is shown that dropping below 15% can cause them alot of issues with reproduction. I know multiple fitness competitors that have taken fat levels to crazy lows and never competed again because of losing there period, lack of sleep etc.

Last but not least it can cause serious heart problems. People forget that you have essential fats (heart, liver, kidney etc) and storage fat (that fat you notice).

Its been proven repeatedly that the healthy norm for males is 10-20% and females is 18-28%.

Next time you diet yourself you should get blood work done before and after. Id be very surprised if you are hitting 3% and not doing some serious damage.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    TypeR

Just to give you an example my client was 7% on the in body morning before this show. You could definitely see separation and feathering
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by scboss; 02-14-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Just to give you an example my client was 7% on the in body morning before this show. You could definitely see separation and feathering
    I'm nowhere near that ripped, that's for sure. But my abs are way more full than that. And I got my testosterone levels checked a few weeks ago with my last round of bloodwork and it was normal. So I'm gonna agree that my BMI was not accurate, at least not that day under those conditions.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    this was a knee jerk reaction to another potential job rejection?!!
    I know how that feels man. I found out today that I didn't get a job that I interviewed for recently. It hurts, it really hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I know how that feels man. I found out today that I didn't get a job that I interviewed for recently. It hurts, it really hurts.
    Fuck. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don’t rush plan b like I did.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fuck. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don’t rush plan b like I did.
    Nah, I'm not pregnant (afaik) so I don't need to rush into plan B.
    Name:  71Rol6uVMzL._SY355_.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  15.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

How the hell do you not have full abs at 8%?

Let me rephrase being "normal". Its not healthy.

For males the main concern is lowered testosterone. Its proven when you take your bodyfat below 5% and under your testosterone can drop up to 75%. This can lead to alot of bad things.
    For females it is shown that dropping below 15% can cause them alot of issues with reproduction. I know multiple fitness competitors that have taken fat levels to crazy lows and never competed again because of losing there period, lack of sleep etc.

Last but not least it can cause serious heart problems. People forget that you have essential fats (heart, liver, kidney etc) and storage fat (that fat you notice).

Its been proven repeatedly that the healthy norm for males is 10-20% and females is 18-28%.

Next time you diet yourself you should get blood work done before and after. Id be very surprised if you are hitting 3% and not doing some serious damage.
    I have 6 abs, but the 2 bottoms are washy.

I'll never do another show again. I'm over that shit. Last time I did Provincials was the nail in the coffin, I said I'd either get 1st overall and make a run for 212lb Olympia. Or I'd quit. Ended up over cutting my water and got edged out of 1st place, made 2nd, the guy that beat me who the judges were split on won the overall. Needless to say I don't have to worry about the low BF% any longer.

I did say my BF was according to calipers. So again, that's why I say BF percentages are subjective, because who knows how accurate calipers are compared to DEXA? Personally I couldn't care less about what a scan says anyway, the mirror is what matters.

My Ride
    TypeR

I have 6 abs, but the 2 bottoms are washy.

I'll never do another show again. I'm over that shit. Last time I did Provincials was the nail in the coffin, I said I'd either get 1st overall and make a run for 212lb Olympia. Or I'd quit. Ended up over cutting my water and got edged out of 1st place, made 2nd, the guy that beat me who the judges were split on won the overall. Needless to say I don't have to worry about the low BF% any longer.

I did say my BF was according to calipers. So again, that's why I say BF percentages are subjective, because who knows how accurate calipers are compared to DEXA? Personally I couldn't care less about what a scan says anyway, the mirror is what matters.

Yeah my client won't either. He placed 2nd in the province but it was for inbf. He was a powerlifter that just wanted to see if he could do it.

I agree though man shit owns you and it's not worth it. The risks outweigh the reward and pro cards are handed out like candy now.

Yeah my client won't either. He placed 2nd in the province but it was for inbf. He was a powerlifter that just wanted to see if he could do it.

I agree though man shit owns you and it's not worth it. The risks outweigh the reward and pro cards are handed out like candy now.
    A pro card is VERY hard to earn if you're competing in a real contest. It's definitely easier to earn a card in something like Classic Physique category, as it's brand new and they need some pros in the ranks. However you still have to show up and be better than everybody else that day, which easier said than done. But they certainly aren't handing them out like candy.

That's what I mean. I figured that out without ever having a desire to compete to begin with. In any discipline. When you're passionate about something the second you need to be better than anybody but yourself, or need to profit from it, that kills the magic. Or it affects it anyways.

Ever see the movie Lords Of Dogtown and/or the true story documentary Dogtown and Z-Boys? Perfect example right there of the negative effects of chasing glory and how the realest one of the bunch didn't want anything to do with it.

My Ride
    Ford F150

So what's next?
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    TypeR

A pro card is VERY hard to earn if you're competing in a real contest. It's definitely easier to earn a card in something like Classic Physique category, as it's brand new and they need some pros in the ranks. However you still have to show up and be better than everybody else that day, which easier said than done. But they certainly aren't handing them out like candy.
    The fact that there is so many shows and almost every shows gives one out is crazy. Regardless for what you need to sacrifice and how much politics are involved you have to really want it.

The fact that there is so many shows and almost every shows gives one out is crazy. Regardless for what you need to sacrifice and how much politics are involved you have to really want it.
    That's why I said real shows. INPA giving out cards to people that can't do anything with them really doesn't count. All it is, is bragging rights for Instagram I guess? If the card doesn't allow you to compete in an IFBB sanctioned event, then it's rather useless. And the ones that DO allow you to compete in IFBB, are not being given away freely.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Are you even 30 yet? Do you have any idea what real life experience is? What's the roughest/darkest shit you've been through? Your insta to me comes across like you're just another 20-something kid who lifts, travels and gambles and (thinks he) has life by the balls, everything all figured out, nothing to learn from anybody, future's so bright you gotta wear shades lol And now you're calling out those who feel they can thrive without "free" IG advertising? I'm really curious as to what your clients' goals are.

Instagram is far from free, it's part of the undoing of humanity, you know full well there's nothing Instant in this world. Let alone in the fitness world. (although gear, rented hummers and phony ass photo shoots and people like yourself willing to leverage all that garbage sure convince some otherwise, right?)

I think if you can avoid these "free" advertising platforms you're more genius than insane. Then again the line between genius and insane is pretty thin.

Wow...

Personal training definitely isn't for you. You're an asshole. You are clutching onto IG bashing SO hard that you are letting it completely blind you. scboss has done nothing but try and help you since the beginning of this thread, and you decide to jump on his throat because he told you that if you aren't using free advertising you're insane... Sorry bud, this isn't the 80's, I have seen IG/SM marketing turn three of my close friends who were "20-somethings with zero life experience" into millionaires, in less than three years.

You will NEVER get anywhere with the attitude that you have, I can personally guarantee this. You need a complete overhaul, and then you need to look at yourself real hard in the mirror before you even think about taking on the RESPONSIBILITY of constructing a blueprint for SOMEONE ELSE'S life.

Jesus Christ, I don't even want to go to the second page as I'm sure its chalk full of your miserable, self-hating bullshit.

EDIT: After you started talking to yourself I checked out, unreal that you took it to 6 pages. You need help. I am so glad you weren't able to finish this course, thank god for ISSA. Shit, If the manager of Shane Homes YMCA were to read this thread and match your account to your real identity, I am positive that you would never be allowed into another YMCA for the rest of your life. Not only are you poison to the PT community, you're a fucking liability. You came on here asking advice, you got advice, and then you shit all over everyone (including yourself) and then quit...

you shit all over "20 somethings with no life experience", yet I know 14 year olds with better resolve than you
    Last edited by CMW403; 02-15-2019 at 01:38 PM.

My Ride
    TypeR

That's why I said real shows. INPA giving out cards to people that can't do anything with them really doesn't count. All it is, is bragging rights for Instagram I guess? If the card doesn't allow you to compete in an IFBB sanctioned event, then it's rather useless. And the ones that DO allow you to compete in IFBB, are not being given away freely.
    Haha yeah my guys are only in the Natty leauges. I've only had competitors in the inbf and npaa

My Ride
    06 S2000

Haha yeah my guys are only in the Natty leauges. I've only had competitors in the inbf and npaa
    Which gym are you at?
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Which gym are you at?
    World health sunridge

And I hope I don't sound like I'm knocking those leagues. It's great they exist. I've seen a lot of people who could never be actually competitive, but have a goal to compete, and that goal is what gets them to ultimately transform their life to positive and healthy. The INPA and INBF are great places for them to go have fun and showcase their transformations to their friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post
    Wow...

Personal training definitely isn't for you. You're an asshole. You are clutching onto IG bashing SO hard that you are letting it completely blind you. scboss has done nothing but try and help you since the beginning of this thread, and you decide to jump on his throat because he told you that if you aren't using free advertising you're insane... Sorry bud, this isn't the 80's, I have seen IG/SM marketing turn three of my close friends who were "20-somethings with zero life experience" into millionaires, in less than three years.

You will NEVER get anywhere with the attitude that you have, I can personally guarantee this. You need a complete overhaul, and then you need to look at yourself real hard in the mirror before you even think about taking on the RESPONSIBILITY of constructing a blueprint for SOMEONE ELSE'S life.

Jesus Christ, I don't even want to go to the second page as I'm sure its chalk full of your miserable, self-hating bullshit.

EDIT: After you started talking to yourself I checked out, unreal that you took it to 6 pages. You need help. I am so glad you weren't able to finish this course, thank god for ISSA. Shit, If the manager of Shane Homes YMCA were to read this thread and match your account to your real identity, I am positive that you would never be allowed into another YMCA for the rest of your life. Not only are you poison to the PT community, you're a fucking liability. You came on here asking advice, you got advice, and then you shit all over everyone (including yourself) and then quit...

you shit all over "20 somethings with no life experience", yet I know 14 year olds with better resolve than you

Feel better now?

Lol

Oh and btw, I’m gonna finish the course now. Just for you.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Feel better now?

Lol

Oh and btw, I’m gonna finish the course now. Just for you.
    Just so you know... I received multiple reputation points for that post. That tells me that not only am I right, but you're such a bully that a large part of beyond would rather show their agreement in private, probably in fear of some type of psychotic lash out from you.

Yeah, keep ignoring the big picture and finish the course, because that will show me right? I just feel bad for you at this point man, I really think you should take advantage of the resources that were mentioned earlier in the thread... I mean how can you even deny that?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast