Quantcast
Any personal trainers on here? Please chime in - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any personal trainers on here? Please chime in

all I can say after reading this thread is personal training isnt for you.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you even 30 yet? Do you have any idea what real life experience is? What's the roughest/darkest shit you've been through? Your insta to me comes across like you're just another 20-something kid who lifts, travels and gambles and (thinks he) has life by the balls, everything all figured out, nothing to learn from anybody, future's so bright you gotta wear shades lol And now you're calling out those who feel they can thrive without "free" IG advertising? I'm really curious as to what your clients' goals are.

Instagram is far from free, it's part of the undoing of humanity, you know full well there's nothing Instant in this world. Let alone in the fitness world. (although gear, rented hummers and phony ass photo shoots and people like yourself willing to leverage all that garbage sure convince some otherwise, right?)

I think if you can avoid these "free" advertising platforms you're more genius than insane. Then again the line between genius and insane is pretty thin.
    bahahaha. You didnt let me down with my train wreck comment. What I find strange with you is that you seem to have all the answers yet your here looking desperate and retarded while looking for help/advice.

It's obvious your going to fail just like your previous business. It's not the economy, it's you.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'd say personal training is about 10% knowledge of fitness and nutrition, and then 30% marketing and 60% personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'd say personal training is about 10% knowledge of fitness and nutrition, and then 30% marketing and 60% personality.
    You forgot the 45% for TnA
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You forgot the 45% for TnA
    He did say he's got a six pack, so he's all set there.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    bahahaha. You didnt let me down with my train wreck comment. What I find strange with you is that you seem to have all the answers yet your here looking desperate and retarded while looking for help/advice.

It's obvious your going to fail just like your previous business. It's not the economy, it's you.
    Haven't failed yet, sorry to burst your bubble.

Oh, wait a minute- success on Beyond is defined by high end sports cars and luxurious homes, shit man sorry, you're right I did fail!

You're entitled to your opinion,

But,

Who's the one trolling posts looking to deliberately antagonize and push buttons?

Go fuck yourself troll. Seriously.

I hope you do well and I can say I was wrong but based on your posts and your attitude I'd give you less then 5 % chance at succeeding.

Perhaps we should start the betting on when your next new career post happens.

Quote Originally Posted by egmilano View Post
    all I can say after reading this thread is personal training isnt for you.
    Is that right? So which one are you, a PT or just another Instafake champ? Both?

Keep it coming, this shit motivates me

I hope you do well and I can say I was wrong but based on your posts and your attitude I'd give you less then 5 % chance at succeeding.

Perhaps we should start the betting on when your next new career post happens.
    I'm curious if you're a trainer, business guru or just a shit disturber who gets off on hoping/watching/betting on people failing. Which one is it?

You can take bets, but keep in mind I'm a fast learner. There might not be a next new career post

My Ride
    TypeR

Are you even 30 yet? Do you have any idea what real life experience is? What's the roughest/darkest shit you've been through? Your insta to me comes across like you're just another 20-something kid who lifts, travels and gambles and (thinks he) has life by the balls, everything all figured out, nothing to learn from anybody, future's so bright you gotta wear shades lol And now you're calling out those who feel they can thrive without "free" IG advertising? I'm really curious as to what your clients' goals are.

Instagram is far from free, it's part of the undoing of humanity, you know full well there's nothing Instant in this world. Let alone in the fitness world. (although gear, rented hummers and phony ass photo shoots and people like yourself willing to leverage all that garbage sure convince some otherwise, right?)

I think if you can avoid these "free" advertising platforms you're more genius than insane. Then again the line between genius and insane is pretty thin.

Im 33 and quit a dead end job to go to university for this when i was 23. Ive been in the industry for 8 years now and have one of the best client bases in my company.
    Currently I have 48 in person clients which train with me 1 time a week and 7 online clients out of the US, eastern Canada and China.

I train everyone from seniors, weight loss, general fitness to powerlifting, bodybuilding and combat sports.

I have taken minimum 2 course per year over the last 5 and put education first. I have also taken public speaking, marketing and two life coaching courses. But I guess I know it all. Even in the past I made a thread about my own fitness journey and took mad heat for what I was doing but it taught me alot because I can take constructive criticism. If anything I welcomed it because it made me pursue even more education.

I am a 33 year old "kid" that travels, plays poker, and has everything figured out. You know why? Because im Happy and I do things on my terms.

You will learn quick once you have approached all your friends and family that your social circle is small and you need to find ways to meet people to grow your client base. Im not calling you out for not using social media Im saying its a free tool to build your business so why not use it.

If anything why even ask for advice if you are unwilling to change your ways. Anyone and I mean anyone can train someone and get a result. Building long term results, relationships, creating a product and then actually trying to sell is where people fail.
    IG:scboss

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Im 33 and quit a dead end job to go to university for this when i was 23. Ive been in the industry for 8 years now and have one of the best client bases in my company.
    Currently I have 48 in person clients which train with me 1 time a week and 7 online clients out of the US, eastern Canada and China.

I train everyone from seniors, weight loss, general fitness to powerlifting, bodybuilding and combat sports.

I have taken minimum 2 course per year over the last 5 and put education first. I have also taken public speaking, marketing and two life coaching courses. But I guess I know it all. Even in the past I made a thread about my own fitness journey and took mad heat for what I was doing but it taught me alot because I can take constructive criticism. If anything I welcomed it because it made me pursue even more education.

I am a 33 year old "kid" that travels, plays poker, and has everything figured out. You know why? Because im Happy and I do things on my terms.

You will learn quick once you have approached all your friends and family that your social circle is small and you need to find ways to meet people to grow your client base. Im not calling you out for not using social media Im saying its a free tool to build your business so why not use it.

If anything why even ask for advice if you are unwilling to change your ways. Anyone and I mean anyone can train someone and get a result. Building long term results, relationships, creating a product and then actually trying to sell is where people fail.
    I did the exact thing that was suggested in this thread the last time I tried Instafake and all I got was hate, flack and passive aggressive call-outs from your LA and Miami counterparts lol. A few gym vids explaining what I was doing and why, suggesting some routines that yielded me results, some nutrition tips, tried to avoid too many douchey ab pics, matter of fact most lifting vids I wore a hoodie to deliberately emphasize what I was doing as opposed to showing off, I didn't do memes at all, a few snowboard pics here and there, hiking, my mom's yappy little chihuaha, very few pics of nice meals/going out on dates with my gf, etc, posted about my last trip to London and the 2 concerts I went to, seriously, my page wasn't all that different from yours like at all. Managed to get almost 600 followers in 2 weeks, then all I saw was the same people posting selfie after selfie after selfie, meme after meme after meme, and the second I'd post anything that wasn't directly gym related I'd get a dozen or so unfollows, but here you are claiming your poker pics are part of the image that make up part of your meal ticket? I mean come on, I don't have much of a life, I can admit that, and I couldn't find time to commit to that so how on Earth does a successful trainer with lots going on in their lives manage that? Then those "public figure" people who figure I should be one of their 129k followers yet they follow 32 in return? I never expected pages like CT Fletcher or Strength Cartel to follow me back but if you're some nobody Rich Piana look alike in Iowa with 98k followers why should that impress me? Why the fuck should I care about your page if you don't care about mine?

It's just too fuckin much and so little of it seems real...
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-09-2019 at 04:31 PM.

My Ride
    TypeR

I did the exact thing that was suggested in this thread the last time I tried Instafake and all I got was hate, flack and passive aggressive call-outs from your LA and Miami counterparts lol. A few gym vids explaining what I was doing and why, suggesting some routines that yielded me results, some nutrition tips, tried to avoid too many douchey ab pics, matter of fact most lifting vids I wore a hoodie to deliberately emphasize what I was doing as opposed to showing off, I didn't do memes at all, a few snowboard pics here and there, hiking, my mom's yappy little chihuaha, very few pics of nice meals/going out on dates with my gf, etc, posted about my last trip to London and the 2 concerts I went to, seriously, my page wasn't all that different from yours like at all. Managed to get almost 600 followers in 2 weeks, then all I saw was the same people posting selfie after selfie after selfie, meme after meme after meme, and the second I'd post anything that wasn't directly gym related I'd get a dozen or so unfollows, but here you are claiming your poker pics are part of the image that make up part of your meal ticket? I mean come on, I don't have much of a life, I can admit that, and I couldn't find time to commit to that so how on Earth does a successful trainer with lots going on in their lives manage that? Then those "public figure" people who figure I should be one of their 129k followers yet they follow 32 in return? I never expected pages like CT Fletcher or Strength Cartel to follow me back but if you're some nobody Rich Piana look alike in Iowa with 98k followers why should that impress me? Why the fuck should I care about your page if you don't care about mine?

It's just too fuckin much and so little of it seems real...

Yeah i get it man but it can help ill give you an example. I had a client I use to train 2 years ago and he just couldnt commit to any of his goals. He didnt want to change his eating, his lifestyle he just wanted quick results and he fell off. Fast forward to october he messages me on instagram. He says hey boss do you have space for me if i come back. Fast forward to now hes down 30lbs and consistent as hell. Why did he contact me?

I was relevant in his life because of instagram. If anything I just use it for myself and to keep in touch with people ive already met. Even something like playing poker its just something i do for fun. Im not posting it because of likes im posting it because I had fun and its what I like to do.

Staying relevant in peoples day to day life is the key. I have 800 followers and i follow close to 500. I only follow back people I have met or I have talked to. I dont worry about likes or follows but thats probably why I have 800 followers after 6 years lol.

Yeah i get it man but it can help ill give you an example. I had a client I use to train 2 years ago and he just couldnt commit to any of his goals. He didnt want to change his eating, his lifestyle he just wanted quick results and he fell off. Fast forward to october he messages me on instagram. He says hey boss do you have space for me if i come back. Fast forward to now hes down 30lbs and consistent as hell. Why did he contact me?

I was relevant in his life because of instagram. If anything I just use it for myself and to keep in touch with people ive already met. Even something like playing poker its just something i do for fun. Im not posting it because of likes im posting it because I had fun and its what I like to do.

Staying relevant in peoples day to day life is the key. I have 800 followers and i follow close to 500. I only follow back people I have met or I have talked to. I dont worry about likes or follows but thats probably why I have 800 followers after 6 years lol.
    So by that logic then Mr Rich Piana wannabe is relevant to 98k people's day to day lives while less than 100 are relevant to his? Now what does that equate to? Conceit, and being self absorbed come to mind.

If you don't worry about likes and follows let's see your followers drop down to 30 and see if you're singing the same tune. A tool is only a tool if it works, and in this case this tool needs an audience to work, and a person who needs an audience needs attention, and a person who needs attention, well that can go in several different directions.

Glad it works for you but like I said I did pretty much the same thing and all I got was hate and ridicule and people not bringing fuck all to the table. It'all about those little red dots... face it. And that's where the fake comes in. It's hard for me to grasp how you can actually genuinely sincerely care what the fuck your 800 followers (aside from your clients) are doing day to day. Now you're gonna reply, saying you care about all those people, blah blah well that's the facade isn't it?

You're pretty knowledgeable by the looks of things so then you must know how those little red dots hit your dopamine receptors. It's sad and scary to me that this is what humanity has come to.

I don't doubt that you're successful but I think your real success is building that facade with what people like you claim is "just Instagram" yet you might as well be floating on an iceberg without it.

Funny, the people that matter in my life, the ones that truly matter, can reach me 24/7/365.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-09-2019 at 06:31 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

heavy, I don't know what you are trying to prove here. You've asked for advice, and you've gotten it, and according to you, everyone who has given you advice is full of shit. What's your goal with this?

heavy, I don't know what you are trying to prove here. You've asked for advice, and you've gotten it, and according to you, everyone who has given you advice is full of shit. What's your goal with this?
    No, you're not all full of shit. At this point I'd like to know why my Insta page was eerily similar to sc's and all I got was negativity, call outs and flack.

Solely based on my attitude in this thread, the answer is obvious but that aside I did make an honest effort to not make it all about me, bring something to the table, and stay on topic during my last IG attempt.

I'm not that bad of a person ok.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't think you are a bad guy, and I'm not a personal trainer and I'm not on Instagram. Every type of social media will attract a certain amount of negativity, that's just a fact. How easily you ignore that and stay positive will determine how much that negativity defines your account, and your experience on that platform.

Let's ask a hypothetical question. If your Instagram account had 800 followers, and you thought 750 of them were either negative or neutral, would you consider that a failure?

My Ride
    TypeR

So by that logic then Mr Rich Piana wannabe is relevant to 98k people's day to day lives while less than 100 are relevant to his? Now what does that equate to? Conceit, and being self absorbed come to mind.

If you don't worry about likes and follows let's see your followers drop down to 30 and see if you're singing the same tune. A tool is only a tool if it works, and in this case this tool needs an audience to work, and a person who needs an audience needs attention, and a person who needs attention, well that can go in several different directions.

Glad it works for you but like I said I did pretty much the same thing and all I got was hate and ridicule and people not bringing fuck all to the table. It'all about those little red dots... face it. And that's where the fake comes in. It's hard for me to grasp how you can actually genuinely sincerely care what the fuck your 800 followers (aside from your clients) are doing day to day. Now you're gonna reply, saying you care about all those people, blah blah well that's the facade isn't it?

You're pretty knowledgeable by the looks of things so then you must know how those little red dots hit your dopamine receptors. It's sad and scary to me that this is what humanity has come to.

I don't doubt that you're successful but I think your real success is building that facade with what people like you claim is "just Instagram" yet you might as well be floating on an iceberg without it.

Funny, the people that matter in my life, the ones that truly matter, can reach me 24/7/365.

Almost all of my business was built off prospecting, referrals and taking consultations at my gym. The last 3 years has been purely referrals, talking to people and online.

It's just a tool to add man not a nessesity. It's a good way to stay in touch with people and possibly get a lead. You care way to much what people think and take shit super personal.

My Ride
    Exploded.

To the original question: I don't think Instagram is a must-have requirement to succeed but rather another tool in the arsenal to build your clientele. There are other sockets in the tool kit even though everything is 10mm.

If you're good, people will come and I met scboss through here, way before Instagram became a business platform, and he offers tips and advice everytime I see him at the gym.

Because of him and his demeanor, I'm a loyal member of the gym. I could easily move to a gym closer to my home but don't because of the family vibe that he and the staff provide. It helps to keep you motivated.

We work out together and I've met awesome people through him and that gym.

I hope you find what you're passionate for because when you do, you'll never work again. You'll just get paid hanging out with people you love and solving things you love.
    Last edited by flipstah; 02-09-2019 at 09:32 PM.

I was going to ask the same thing. Hes got a personal trainer who's super successful at what he does who's finished a shit load of school offering help and hes thrown it in his face.

As I said it's a train wreck but then so were his old posts on his old company.

I can't imagine how he will be with a potential client...is he going to judge them and criticize them as much as he is here???

I don't think you are a bad guy, and I'm not a personal trainer and I'm not on Instagram. Every type of social media will attract a certain amount of negativity, that's just a fact. How easily you ignore that and stay positive will determine how much that negativity defines your account, and your experience on that platform.

Let's ask a hypothetical question. If your Instagram account had 800 followers, and you thought 750 of them were either negative or neutral, would you consider that a failure?
    I'm not sure how to answer that so I'm going to express a realistic view the way I see it. That would leave 50 followers from which to possibly acquire clients from. Out of 50, I'd say, and I'm being generous, 3-5 would be the max yield, so say 5 at, what, 10k/yr, so 50 thousand taxable dollars... now had I committed my time elsewhere than viewing hourly selfies and garbage from the other 750, I'm reasonably certain in that time frame and with the same know-how, one could land double maybe triple that amount of clients so I'd have to say, yes it would be a failure because if time is money then IMO time spent on social media giving a fuck about what somebody in Hawaii had for breakfast, or that stupid motivational Monday meme, is time wasted.

Almost all of my business was built off prospecting, referrals and taking consultations at my gym. The last 3 years has been purely referrals, talking to people and online.

It's just a tool to add man not a nessesity. It's a good way to stay in touch with people and possibly get a lead. You care way to much what people think and take shit super personal.
    Oh I absolutely take shit personally. News flash- we all do. Some just hide it better than others, once again real attracts real. I got something to say I say it. I don't do passive aggressive with this bullshit notion that I can still somehow benefit from somebody whom I'd have to call out. And just like everybody else I've had this discussion with online or IRL, you act all non chalant about Insta well let's see you live without it then. You can't.

I was going to ask the same thing. Hes got a personal trainer who's super successful at what he does who's finished a shit load of school offering help and hes thrown it in his face.

As I said it's a train wreck but then so were his old posts on his old company.

I can't imagine how he will be with a potential client...is he going to judge them and criticize them as much as he is here???
    The real question is why are you so involved? Are you sitting there jerking off to the thought of me failing? Why do you give a shit to begin with? Seems like you are/have been pretty involved in watching/hoping I fail, well Christ thank you it's nice to know there's someone more pathetic than me in this thread.

Once again, please go fuck off somewhere.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast