Quantcast
Any personal trainers on here? Please chime in - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Any personal trainers on here? Please chime in

Guys leave him alone. Id like to see you guys not take things personally when youre all jacked up on water buffalo hormones.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure how to answer that so I'm going to express a realistic view the way I see it. That would leave 50 followers from which to possibly acquire clients from. Out of 50, I'd say, and I'm being generous, 3-5 would be the max yield, so say 5 at, what, 10k/yr, so 50 thousand taxable dollars... now had I committed my time elsewhere than viewing hourly selfies and garbage from the other 750, I'm reasonably certain in that time frame and with the same know-how, one could land double maybe triple that amount of clients so I'd have to say, yes it would be a failure because if time is money then IMO time spent on social media giving a fuck about what somebody in Hawaii had for breakfast, or that stupid motivational Monday meme, is time wasted.
    Okay, so let's explore this. If you know ways you could gain clients more efficiently, and your view of Instagram and other social media is that it's time wasted even if it's gaining you a few clients, then I totally agree with you, social media is not for you. Forget it and move on. Use those other methods of gaining clients and be happier man.
    Don't fight yourself over this issue. It sounds like you already know what's best for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Okay, so let's explore this. If you know ways you could gain clients more efficiently, and your view of Instagram and other social media is that it's time wasted even if it's gaining you a few clients, then I totally agree with you, social media is not for you. Forget it and move on. Use those other methods of gaining clients and be happier man.
    Don't fight yourself over this issue. It sounds like you already know what's best for you.
    Yeah, I know. I'm beating myself up because clearly not everybody can be wrong and it's just one more avenue where I can't for the life of me figure out why I react the way I do.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And beating up others who are only trying to help. I think most of the responses in this thread are genuinely trying to give you helpful information.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

50k from about an hour a day of instagram is pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by ibeast View Post
    Not when you could have spent that hour working towards a yield of 100k or more had you not wasted minutes of your life scrolling through posts about some woman's amazing pedicure on her lunch break and how awesome breakfast was or how much someone loves their kids or yet another attention whoring selfie lol
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-10-2019 at 11:00 AM.

You know you can choose the people you follow right?

You know you can choose the people you follow right?
    Yeah, but you have to follow to get followers, and I really don't give a fuck about one-way attention whores who feel the need to share each meal they ate lol

Guess I could just mute them all haha

Nah, seriously, and this is the core of the problem, is me taking shit personally. When people unfollowed me I'd dm them and call them out, you think this thread is interesting? Lmao

Anyways, whatever lol I'm gonna try not to care now.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I think this needs to be your number one priority in life man lol, it will make things a lot better.

My Ride
    TypeR

Just post shit and leave it lol. Don't follow anyone you don't know. People have bots that follow people then unfollow them a few days later. Those people won't buy shit off you and won't benefit you in anyway so why even network with them.

You are about to start a career where no matter what you do you are in a fish bowl. You will be judged. Try not to take things personal. It was one of the main reasons I took the life coaching courses.

Most trainers never make more then 30k and fail in the first year. 27/31 of my classmates are not even in the industry anymore. They didn't know how to sell shit or deal with the pressure of being pure commission.

Try to have fun with it and if it turns into a "job" get out before you turn into something you don't want to be.

I am genuinely trying to answer your questions and give you advice not shit on you. You should try to find someone in yyc that you click with to mentor you. It will go a long way.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    TypeR

Lol I got 2 in person clients and 1 online client off Instagram last year. It equalled $8400. Pulling 50k would be insane
    Last edited by scboss; 02-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Yeah any dollar gained from a free platform is amazing

My Ride
    changes every year

Nah, seriously, and this is the core of the problem, is me taking shit personally. When people unfollowed me I'd dm them and call them out, you think this thread is interesting? Lmao
    I wasnt going to chime in at all, because this is a good thread with alot of ups and downs, but this really stood out to me...

I'm not a fitness guy, I do have Instagram, albeit very few posts and followers because that's not what I'm in it for.

But, when I read this, the thought that came to my mind is defeat. You've defeated yourself just based on this one thing you did on social media.

Social media is fucking everywhere whether you like it or not. Things you say and do on social media will affect you personally and possibly financially.

I know if you were to come into my DM and call me out, you will stick out like a sore thumb to me, to tell all my buddies and your followers that you're a POS.

I get it, some people take things more to heart than other people, my wife is like that so I see it first hand all the time, but you have to know when to say something and when to take it in stride and let things go.

I dont think you're a bad guy, I think you've made quick decisions that can make your social media profile hurt, but at the end of the day, you dont HAVE to use IG for it, use your word of mouth and eventually social media will catch up to you.

That's my .02

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post

I dont think you're a bad guy, I think you've made quick decisions that can make your social media profile hurt, but at the end of the day, you dont HAVE to use IG for it, use your word of mouth and eventually social media will catch up to you.

That's my .02
    This is really good advice. Use it for what it is a tool. That’s it. More tools you have the better your business will be end of story man. Don’t get butt hurt over keyboard warriors who would even be able to put two sentences together IRL let alone say one off word to you or me in person. There are some of us however on here that can offer good advice , work out regularly, and are not keyboard warriors. We are actual warriors.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Just post shit and leave it lol. Don't follow anyone you don't know. People have bots that follow people then unfollow them a few days later. Those people won't buy shit off you and won't benefit you in anyway so why even network with them.

You are about to start a career where no matter what you do you are in a fish bowl. You will be judged. Try not to take things personal. It was one of the main reasons I took the life coaching courses.

Most trainers never make more then 30k and fail in the first year. 27/31 of my classmates are not even in the industry anymore. They didn't know how to sell shit or deal with the pressure of being pure commission.

Try to have fun with it and if it turns into a "job" get out before you turn into something you don't want to be.

I am genuinely trying to answer your questions and give you advice not shit on you. You should try to find someone in yyc that you click with to mentor you. It will go a long way.
    I know you're trying to help, I'm just baffled as to why my page was so similar yet a total failure. I'm not trying to get rich here- I can still make an easy G note in 8 hrs or less during my busy season. I'm doing this because it's one of 2 things I know how to do that can make me money and something that will hopefully take me out of this isolation I've been in due to the nature of my current self employment. That's a whole other battle that I'm not sure how I'm gonna deal with but that's my main goal with this trainer thing because with my current gig I'm already halfway to somewhere I don't wanna be... if I can balance out my current miserable gig that makes good money with something to actually challenge me and make me a few bucks on the side I think I may be able to work with that.

I wish it was as easy as just following people I know, let me put it this way 11 seasons straight and still no hope in hell of finding solid ski or board buddies. 5 years in the gym and never had a workout partner. Countless attempts to join in on random basketball games when I was at Repsol, no go there either. I been to 1 (one) wedding my entire life, my brother's. Didn't go camping once last summer. And 2 summer ago I only got invited out by family of all people and only because they wanted me to tow the boat out since they were towing the trailer. Then my cousin got a truck, never got invited again. That's what I go through, and I'm 40 fuckin 3 so I'm sorry for this awful demeanor but I didn't just wake up one morning and decide to be an asshole. I'm just not a guy who's company is enjoyed and that's IRL or on social media. Nothing screams loser like having 32 followers and following 3,4,5 6 hun or however many more. So, I guess that option is out.

Lol I got 2 in person clients and 1 online client off Instagram last year. It equalled $8400. Pulling 50k would be insane
    Oh I knew I was likely in left field I was just going by roughly what my gf's gym charges for a year of training.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post

That's my .02
    I just can't handle it lol I tried like 7 or 8 times since last year and 2-3 weeks max, I just can't so I delete it. If it runs in the background as a supplemental angle that's perfect I guess, but I just can't do it that way because I end up too dependent on it for reasons stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by bourge73 View Post
    This is really good advice. Use it for what it is a tool. That’s it. More tools you have the better your business will be end of story man. Don’t get butt hurt over keyboard warriors who would even be able to put two sentences together IRL let alone say one off word to you or me in person. There are some of us however on here that can offer good advice , work out regularly, and are not keyboard warriors. We are actual warriors.
    I'm definitely a warrior. A lone one, but if I was anything less I wouldn't be alive today.

My Ride
    TypeR

I know you're trying to help, I'm just baffled as to why my page was so similar yet a total failure.

Oh I knew I was likely in left field I was just going by roughly what my gf's gym charges for a year of training.
    I think if you focus on using your social media more for yourself and not for others you won't run into this problem. Like I said before it's not needed but it's a great way to keep tabs on clients past and present.

As for what to charge you can really do whatever you want. Since my company switched to a subscription method instead of financing my business has blown up. Not only can my client cancel anytime they want it also makes it so they never owe money.

Currently it's 65$ for a 45minute session. So if someone subscribes for 1 year 1x a week it costs 130 biweekly or 3380 per year plus tax.

It's way better because if someone loses there job or has financial issues they can opt out plus renewals are easy because it's already something they have been paying. It also makes trainers more accountable because if they are not on they can cancel. Win Win IMO.

I think if you focus on using your social media more for yourself and not for others you won't run into this problem. Like I said before it's not needed but it's a great way to keep tabs on clients past and present.

As for what to charge you can really do whatever you want. Since my company switched to a subscription method instead of financing my business has blown up. Not only can my client cancel anytime they want it also makes it so they never owe money.

Currently it's 65$ for a 45minute session. So if someone subscribes for 1 year 1x a week it costs 130 biweekly or 3380 per year plus tax.

It's way better because if someone loses there job or has financial issues they can opt out plus renewals are easy because it's already something they have been paying. It also makes trainers more accountable because if they are not on they can cancel. Win Win IMO.
    That all makes sense... I'm still just gonna stay away from insta tho... I'm gonna leverage it thru my clients, let them post their results if they choose to and then get referrals that way if and when they're asked about their results. That way I don't have to showcase my life- or more accurately- existence.

Not when you could have spent that hour working towards a yield of 100k or more had you not wasted minutes of your life scrolling through posts about some woman's amazing pedicure on her lunch break and how awesome breakfast was or how much someone loves their kids or yet another attention whoring selfie lol
    I'm just missing the part about why you are scrolling IG if your intention is to use it for marketing?

Also, no you do not have to follow to get followers. It sounds more like you're trying to gain followers than gaining clients. That might sound odd, and as you're expecting clients to come from followers. But if you have 1 million followers that have no interest in training vs 100k followers that are actively looking for or have used trainers in the past, which is more likely to gain you business?

If you are paying attention enough to know exactly who unfollowed you, and then spending more time "calling them out", then you are using your time on IG very inefficiently. And you're also having the exact opposite effect that you're wanting. People will follow you and train with you because they resonate with your personality and attitude. If you present the personality of a know it all angry guy, that is who you will likely attract. And know it alls don't pay for training................because they think they already know it all. Now that's not to say it's about being fake and presenting a façade of what you think people want. It's about growing yourself into a better version of yourself, and then naturally attracting people like you. I'd recommend reading some books by John Maxwell, or How to Win Friends and Influence People. Dry reading, but very helpful and relevant if you want to be successful in an industry that is grown on personal relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I'm just missing the part about why you are scrolling IG if your intention is to use it for marketing?

Also, no you do not have to follow to get followers. It sounds more like you're trying to gain followers than gaining clients. That might sound odd, and as you're expecting clients to come from followers. But if you have 1 million followers that have no interest in training vs 100k followers that are actively looking for or have used trainers in the past, which is more likely to gain you business?

If you are paying attention enough to know exactly who unfollowed you, and then spending more time "calling them out", then you are using your time on IG very inefficiently. And you're also having the exact opposite effect that you're wanting. People will follow you and train with you because they resonate with your personality and attitude. If you present the personality of a know it all angry guy, that is who you will likely attract. And know it alls don't pay for training................because they think they already know it all. Now that's not to say it's about being fake and presenting a façade of what you think people want. It's about growing yourself into a better version of yourself, and then naturally attracting people like you. I'd recommend reading some books by John Maxwell, or How to Win Friends and Influence People. Dry reading, but very helpful and relevant if you want to be successful in an industry that is grown on personal relationships.
    Hahah I actually downloaded an app to keep track of that shit lol and it became a living nightmare because I couldn't go an hour without monitoring it. I have deep rooted abandonment issues from when I was a kid so to avoid rejection I been avoiding interaction, until IG came along and made my life hell because of my scars and how personally I take it. I don't know what reason I gave for all those so called friends to just leave me there that day when I was 6 but believe me anybody leaves me now I'm gonna give them plenty of good God damned reasons. Yeah I got issues, well aware.

Lol I got like barely a chapter into that book and I think it ended up in the recycling bin... you're right on many key points, but it doesn't matter because I'm not going down IG street again anytime soon.

From what I gather IG only works if you have a social life to begin with, and I don't, so fuck it for now.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-11-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Nearing the end of the course. Not even sure I wanna do this anymore. What a fucking joke. So much irrelevant scientific bullshit. I can't imagine actually going to school. Jesus Christ, and I know for a fact I'm already fully capable of getting results without all this bullshit. Fuck

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast