Quantcast
What are going rates for social media managers? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90

Thread: What are going rates for social media managers?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,984
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Is that why 98% of realtors drive vehicles they can't afford?
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,916
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that why 98% of realtors drive vehicles they can't afford?
    Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything msommers. Forty percent of all people know that.

    However, I know a large number of commercial real estate brokers and one in particular used to drive a Hyundai/Toyota or something and his brokerage basically told him to go get himself a BMW or MB or the like if he's going to keep working there because no one doing high dollar deals is going to take you seriously in your pick them up in an Elantra. Can't say I disagree.

    Residential Realtors, not so sure it matters?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    _
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is though as a trainer you are basically selling a lifestyle.

    You will lose way more customers if they think you are broke hahahah
    The last person id ever buy training from is someone that has alot of availability or someone that is broke because that usually means he is no good.

    You need to remember in the end people want to buy your lifestyle, what you can do for them and your community (aka your clients).
    I don't have it in me to be phony. Too bad. And really the last thing anybody wants is my lifestyle haha! 7% body fat and a six pack to make most people half my age jealous, that shit sells itself.





    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that why 98% of realtors drive vehicles they can't afford?
    They are the absolute hands down worst people to deal with in my current industry. Always a small nickle and dime job, minimum charge is always too much, and they expect the Earth to stop spinning. Fuck that noise. Supercars and lifestyles don't impress me one bit and won't have me jump any faster, matter of fact I don't jump at all.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-07-2019 at 09:14 AM.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,984
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything msommers. Forty percent of all people know that.
    Well played.

    giphy.gif
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    EVOX
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have it in me to be phony. Too bad. And really the last thing anybody wants is my lifestyle haha! 7% body fat and a six pack to make most people half my age jealous, that shit sells itself.
    Lol you don't need to be phony you need to be relatable. Being ripped will only sell training to idiots. People that know what they are doing know that's all nutrition lol
    Last edited by scboss; 02-07-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    IG // scboss
    Youtube // SteveChambersXP

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,677
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything msommers. Forty percent of all people know that.

    However, I know a large number of commercial real estate brokers and one in particular used to drive a Hyundai/Toyota or something and his brokerage basically told him to go get himself a BMW or MB or the like if he's going to keep working there because no one doing high dollar deals is going to take you seriously in your pick them up in an Elantra. Can't say I disagree.

    Residential Realtors, not so sure it matters?
    I find that is a double edged sword haha - same for lots of other businesses though (like Lawyer offices, contractor vehicles, etc.). If they have crap vehicle, I think to myself why they can't afford something better - maybe they aren't good at their job. If they have an amazing vehicle or over the top offices, I am thinking to myself, how much profit is he making off people that he can afford all this - is it overpriced? Could I get the same for cheaper? I don't know if there is a middle ground.

    Anything purely commission based though, especially when their sales ability can benefit you directly (realtor, lawyer), I think I would like to see that they are rich haha.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find that is a double edged sword haha - same for lots of other businesses though (like Lawyer offices, contractor vehicles, etc.). If they have crap vehicle, I think to myself why they can't afford something better - maybe they aren't good at their job. If they have an amazing vehicle or over the top offices, I am thinking to myself, how much profit is he making off people that he can afford all this - is it overpriced? Could I get the same for cheaper? I don't know if there is a middle ground.

    Anything purely commission based though, especially when their sales ability can benefit you directly (realtor, lawyer), I think I would like to see that they are rich haha.
    I deal with a lot of realtors and if they truly are successful, having that persona seems to help weed out the shitty clients for them. “Birds of a feather” “real recognize real” whatever you wish to call it, you attracted what you put out there. But the * being that people can smell a fake from a mile away. I don’t think there is a middle as it’s impossible to please everyone

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Make adjustments as you go along. That's the beauty of doing, you will figure out what works and doesn't. Everyone is an expert in business but most don't have much to show for it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,916
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find that is a double edged sword haha - same for lots of other businesses though (like Lawyer offices, contractor vehicles, etc.). If they have crap vehicle, I think to myself why they can't afford something better - maybe they aren't good at their job. If they have an amazing vehicle or over the top offices, I am thinking to myself, how much profit is he making off people that he can afford all this - is it overpriced? Could I get the same for cheaper? I don't know if there is a middle ground.

    Anything purely commission based though, especially when their sales ability can benefit you directly (realtor, lawyer), I think I would like to see that they are rich haha.
    Being that we are a General Contractor you're COMPLETELY right. Drive a 70K truck, or a SRT Cherokee even and no one bats an eye. Pull up in a X5 or the like and you're going to rip them off. People's perceptions are so crazy but, it's a real thing - we're a judgy society.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    C63S + AT4
    Posts
    4,163
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being that we are a General Contractor you're COMPLETELY right. Drive a 70K truck, or a SRT Cherokee even and no one bats an eye. Pull up in a X5 or the like and you're going to rip them off. People's perceptions are so crazy but, it's a real thing - we're a judgy society.
    The loaded truck vs driving an equivalent sports car/sedan discrepancy is always comical.

    And in no way limited to contractors.

    In the thread topic, people follow dudes on Instagram? Female trainers I get. But dudes following dudes?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,406
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being that we are a General Contractor you're COMPLETELY right. Drive a 70K truck, or a SRT Cherokee even and no one bats an eye. Pull up in a X5 or the like and you're going to rip them off. People's perceptions are so crazy but, it's a real thing - we're a judgy society.
    It is so weird for sure. In our office, everyone comments about this guy driving an Audi A3 being a baller. When everyone else is driving trucks and SUVs worth 50-80k.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    _
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol you don't need to be phony you need to be relatable. Being ripped will only sell training to idiots. People that know what they are doing know that's all nutrition lol
    Duhhh lol how do you think I accomplished this at 43? 80% kitchen 20% gym. Thanks for the update. And no, being ripped will sell to people that will appreciate that I didn't dream and post my way into a facade to take their money, my results are with me at all times and are undeniable. I think it's a huge selling point and motivational factor when people see that I do this for, me, for me only and only for me, with zero desire to post, look for IG fame, build a phony life, compete in whatever discipline, wipe all that out of the equation and what's left is 100% real. That's what I am and that's what I will sell. And I will succeed.

    I want to be relateable to down to Earth people who want to build a body they can keep and eat pretty much however they want after a couple years or however long, of a strict regimen (as I do now) and above all I want to relate to people that the fitness scene doesn't have to be the douchebaggery that often times keeps them away in the first place. Why do you think I chose Repsol over Gold's when I was out of shape an not as secure as I am now? And I still have no use for a Gold's-like scene and likely never will. That's not what it's about for me. Please point out how that is wrong.

    If people wanna get jacked and swole and pose on houseboats and in front of rented Ferraris in Vegas, that's cool I'll send em your way
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-07-2019 at 01:49 PM.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    EVOX
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a huge selling point and motivational factor when people see that I do this for, me, for me only and only for me, with zero desire to post, look for IG fame, build a phony life, compete in whatever discipline, wipe all that out of the equation and what's left is 100% real.

    I think you just answered your own question lol
    IG // scboss
    Youtube // SteveChambersXP

  14. #54
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duhhh lol how do you think I accomplished this at 43? 80% kitchen 20% gym. Thanks for the update. And no, being ripped will sell to people that will appreciate that I didn't dream and post my way into a facade to take their money, my results are with me at all times and are undeniable. I think it's a huge selling point and motivational factor when people see that I do this for, me, for me only and only for me, with zero desire to post, look for IG fame, build a phony life, compete in whatever discipline, wipe all that out of the equation and what's left is 100% real. That's what I am and that's what I will sell. And I will succeed.

    I want to be relateable to down to Earth people who want to build a body they can keep and eat pretty much however they want after a couple years or however long, of a strict regimen (as I do now) and above all I want to relate to people that the fitness scene doesn't have to be the douchebaggery that often times keeps them away in the first place. Why do you think I chose Repsol over Gold's when I was out of shape an not as secure as I am now? And I still have no use for a Gold's-like scene and likely never will. That's not what it's about for me. Please point out how that is wrong.

    If people wanna get jacked and swole and pose on houseboats and in front of rented Ferraris in Vegas, that's cool I'll send em your way
    Pics?

    Level 43 > Age 43 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,677
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being that we are a General Contractor you're COMPLETELY right. Drive a 70K truck, or a SRT Cherokee even and no one bats an eye. Pull up in a X5 or the like and you're going to rip them off. People's perceptions are so crazy but, it's a real thing - we're a judgy society.
    I'm definitely guilty of those perceptions at times haha, it's a struggle.

    It's amazing though how people's perceptions work. Tell someone you drive a BMW and they think your rich even if it's a $20K car and 6 years old - and the person who is impressed is probably driving $50K minivan themselves. I can definitely see people in the construction industry turning their nose up to a BMW but not an even more expensive truck.

    I remember in high school everyone thought this one girl was loaded because she drove a Mercedes - I went and looked at it one day, it was a rough, second-hand C230 Kompressor hatchback that probably cost less than a brand new Civic haha.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Itís funny when you donít have it, you make it look like you have it. When you have it, you donít care to show. And then you have the actual Beyond ballers

    With enough experience, Real recognize real.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    1,225
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It was definitely funny in the home building sector how you viewed guys. Dude shows up in a rough beat up truck, you assumed he was a hard worker and stowed away his money. Guy shows up in a Lariat/Harley Edition/Hummer/King ranch etc etc, you figured he was clearly pulling in too much/major debt and was an idiot who would cut corners to screw you. And oddly enough those ones didn't last very long...

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    from based on what you’ve said I don’t think Instagram is going to really help you. Have you actually done your research to see what local/Canadian trainers have a large following and what they post? I would say building a client base through Instagram is unlikely for you especially since 1) you have 0 actual training experience currently (other then lifting weights yourself) and 2) it doesn’t sound like you are committed to marketing this way. If you think that a ton of random people are going to start messaging you on Instagram asking to pay you to go to the gym because you have 7% body fat you are highly mistaken as having a low body fat % doesn’t make you special. You need to sell yourself to people, be interesting, be relevant, and be personable. No offence, but your general attitude from posting doesn’t make you seem like a very personable person who is easy to have a conversation with, however, I could be mistaken. You are about to enter into a customer facing sales/customer service gig and you need to be willing to sacrifice some of your hard-nosed views to gain traction. Best of luck!

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    _
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Type_S1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    from based on what you’ve said I don’t think Instagram is going to really help you. Have you actually done your research to see what local/Canadian trainers have a large following and what they post? I would say building a client base through Instagram is unlikely for you especially since 1) you have 0 actual training experience currently (other then lifting weights yourself) and 2) it doesn’t sound like you are committed to marketing this way. If you think that a ton of random people are going to start messaging you on Instagram asking to pay you to go to the gym because you have 7% body fat you are highly mistaken as having a low body fat % doesn’t make you special. You need to sell yourself to people, be interesting, be relevant, and be personable. No offence, but your general attitude from posting doesn’t make you seem like a very personable person who is easy to have a conversation with, however, I could be mistaken. You are about to enter into a customer facing sales/customer service gig and you need to be willing to sacrifice some of your hard-nosed views to gain traction. Best of luck!

    While you are not entirely wrong, as I said before I don't have it in me to be a phony at anything I do. The people that expect that will auto-weedout and they can go where they think they will get results. And as mentioned in other posts at the end of the day real attracts real. I'm not jacked or swole, I can't even bench 3 plates yet nor am I model material hell I don't even shave my chest lol but I can say and I can back it up that looking the way I do at 43 is one foot in the door already. It's all about getting that other foot through the door now, that's where your above statement comes into play and is going to be possibly even a bigger challenge than social media since I can't pay anyone to fix that.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While you are not entirely wrong, as I said before I don't have it in me to be a phony at anything I do. The people that expect that will auto-weedout and they can go where they think they will get results. And as mentioned in other posts at the end of the day real attracts real. I'm not jacked or swole, I can't even bench 3 plates yet nor am I model material hell I don't even shave my chest lol but I can say and I can back it up that looking the way I do at 43 is one foot in the door already. It's all about getting that other foot through the door now, that's where your above statement comes into play and is going to be possibly even a bigger challenge than social media since I can't pay anyone to fix that.
    This is going to sound very cheesy, but a few professionals that Iíve worked with in the past who were super awkward/hard to speak to outside of work took ďtoastmastersĒ courses/classes and it worked wonders on them being able to speak in small groups or just one-on-one. Iíve never taken anything like this but Iím assuming there are various groups/classes and if you feel you could work on relating to people or being able to make conversation/bear to listen to boring people.

    This new adventure you are taking on takes strong personal skills, the ability to make people like you, and a lot of patience. Despite what some may think, these are skills you can work on similar to increasing the weights you lift...it just takes commitment and practice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Abandoned Social Media Properties

    By stillworking in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 10-30-2014, 07:00 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 10-28-2014, 11:03 AM
  3. Government asked for private Telecom/social media data 1.2 million times in 2011...

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 05-01-2014, 01:47 PM
  4. Social Media Photo

    By joda85 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
  5. Hiring: Shaw Social Media Team

    By anarchy in forum Careers
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 06-19-2011, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •