Quantcast
Other Wheel Companies for Flow Formed Wheels? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Other Wheel Companies for Flow Formed Wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe so, but prove it. I'm interested in a proven story. We got a guy claiming +11whp AND he's going to get better braking. That should translate into a consistent, measurable gain.
    Just ignore me... I know nothing and could care less about proving anything.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Just ignore me... I know nothing and could care less about proving anything.
    Why go zero-to-DickSwinging?
    Did you interpret that I was giving you tone when I said "... Prove it. I'm interested in a proven story"? That wasn't my intent. Honestly. I'm legitimately interested in hearing something more concrete than "Bro no diff. #SeatTimeMod" but the thread has two people claiming that it's virtually irrelevant and I'm surprised. I'd like to learn more if there's more to learn.
    But hey if you're too busy doing awesome then I guess you can't teach awesome.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Depends if you have an aversion to entry level wheels. FAST wheels are flow formed, they have a ton of sizes, and IIRC weight is very close to what your target is.
    Further to this for the OP - I just got confirmation my friend received some custom drilled Fast FC that are only 20 pounds in a 19x9.5! I think he milled a little more off the flange to get the offset he was after but that sounds crazy light. I think that's 5 pounds lighter than my 18" OZ wheels.
    I had a set of Fast wheels forever ago and they had a terrible finish on them and their cheapness showed but it's been a decade and I think things may have changed. Since it's light you're after, I'd consider these.

My Ride
    14 ZL1

Further to this for the OP - I just got confirmation my friend received some custom drilled Fast FC that are only 20 pounds in a 19x9.5! I think he milled a little more off the flange to get the offset he was after but that sounds crazy light. I think that's 5 pounds lighter than my 18" OZ wheels.
    My 18x8 OZ Ultraleggera were 18.4 lbs each when I got them 14 years ago.

the trouble with finding cost effective yet light wheels for the Camaro is width. Most options are not wide enough!
    Mike
    14 ZL1
    07 Mazdaspeed3

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I do know the Subaru STI got significantly slower going from 18" wheels to heavier 19" wheels in 2018 and the car magazine acceleration numbers are documented. Only difference being larger wheels and brakes and 0-60 times drop from around 4.7 seconds to 5.3. For the average person on the street it's not a big deal but if you are trying to extract every last bit of performance from your car for track purposes lighter wheels will make a difference.

My Ride
    14 Viper

Quote Originally Posted by mikestypes View Post
    My 18x8 OZ Ultraleggera were 18.4 lbs each when I got them 14 years ago.

the trouble with finding cost effective yet light wheels for the Camaro is width. Most options are not wide enough!
    Go with Forgelines GTD1’s, 18x10.5 = 19lbs and 19x13 = 23lbs. (See the evidence in the link below.). Has the highest load rating of any Forgeline wheel. Forgelines are cost effective for complete custom wheels. The only other forged wheels that are more cost effect and might be as light are CCW’s.

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...-Wheel-Weights

For consideration when determining if a light or heavy wheel matters to the OP:

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-wheels-tires/

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

I had a set of Fast wheels forever ago and they had a terrible finish on them and their cheapness showed but it's been a decade and I think things may have changed. Since it's light you're after, I'd consider these.
    Sure enough the Fast FC04 is 20lbs in a 19x9.5 but unfortunately that's the widest they go

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinf...04&fn=titanium

Quote Originally Posted by parabs View Post
    Go with Forgelines GTD1’s, 18x10.5 = 19lbs and 19x13 = 23lbs. (See the evidence in the link below.). Has the highest load rating of any Forgeline wheel. Forgelines are cost effective for complete custom wheels. The only other forged wheels that are more cost effect and might be as light are CCW’s.

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...-Wheel-Weights
    I'd love a set of Forgelines but knowing me and my car ADD the car will be up for sale after the season is over so that's a quick and easy way to loose a couple grand.

Quote Originally Posted by parabs View Post
    For consideration when determining if a light or heavy wheel matters to the OP:

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-wheels-tires/
    I'm not upsizing I'm downsizing, factory wheels are 20's and as previously mentioned class rules restrict me to same width and +/- 1" dia, hence the 19's. I'd absolutely love to run a square set of 18x11's with a 315 BFG Rival but that won't work.

And thanks for sharing the article, yet another article that shows a lighter wheel is faster
    Last edited by 94boosted; 02-09-2019 at 10:05 AM.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Ended up getting a set of MRR M716 Wheels, price was great and they're 5.2lbs lighter up front and 7.8lbs lighter out back.

My Ride
    14 ZL1

Great choice. Really like those ones.
    Mike
    14 ZL1
    07 Mazdaspeed3

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:14 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Nice wheels!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2