Quantcast
Lineups (or no lineups) at Made by Marcus - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149

Thread: Lineups (or no lineups) at Made by Marcus

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Lineups (or no lineups) at Made by Marcus

    Made by Marcus has a perpetual 50 person lineup going down the block every time I cruise by. Needless to say I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I can't imagine it's worth the wait, unless it's also unbelievably cheap.
    Web developer - Hot wing eater - Beer drinker - YYC Deals addict.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,518
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    What surprised me the most about MBM is how low-calorie it is compared to other "premium" ice creams. They claim 150 cal per serving (125ml) which compares rather favorably to around 380 cal for something like Hagaan Daz or Ben & Jerry's or other typical supermarket pints. I suspect Village is a lot higher calorie too just because it tastes like they use a lot more cream, where MBM first ingredient is milk. I also think they freeze it at super low temps because it's very smooth.

    Lots of shops trying to be the next Village or MBM, none I've been to are anywhere near as good IMHO. I always buy pints because I don't like waiting in big lines at Village - never seen a bad lineup at MBM though, always just walk right in even in warm evenings. Village can get so bad I have just turned around and left before haha. The one on 10th ave can get lined up WELL into the cul-de-sac and the one in Brittania I have seen lined up onto the road North towards sandy beach.

    Quote Originally Posted by bleu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The soft serve is amazing. I get it with strawberry dip.

    We went today at 5pm and there was no line up. We must’ve beat everyone else by having dessert for dinner.
    I've been to MBM probably 10 times this Spring so far, we went lots when it was super hot 1-2 weeks ago, I've yet to see a lineup there more than a few people long. There is also a location opening up in West Hillhurst/Kensington (RIP Amato Gelato). Hopefully it stays that way because I love their ice cream haha. If you're buying a pint though you can just walk right in past everyone, but I always feel guilty.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-05-2018 at 09:45 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Fuck, I drove by MBM a few days ago and the line up was gigantic. Scuttled that plan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    never seen a bad lineup at MBM though, always just walk right in even in warm evenings.
    LOL now i know you're really out to lunch. Ill do the loser lap on 17 when its nice and warm and that place has always been lined up way out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,518
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL now i know you're really out to lunch. Ill do the loser lap on 17 when its nice and warm and that place has always been lined up way out the door.
    So...you're going to tell me what I have and haven't seen based on a lap that you occasionally drive, giving you what, a 10 second point of reference? Give me a break. It is not busy 100% of the time every single day when it's nice out - if you actually believe that, I don't even know what to tell you.

    I have never seen MBM as busy as I have seen the 10th ave Village. Maybe it gets just as bad, I just haven't seen it - that's all I can say. To date, I have never waited a long time in line at MBM which is awesome because I am starting to like it more than Village.

    I was there last night too, I was maybe 4th in line around 7pm, some people sitting outside but not in line. I drove down Elbow on the way home and Village didn't have a line outside either, wasn't a popular day (or time) for ice cream I guess. You are probably seeing the group of people who stand and eat it out front because there isn't much room inside. But you would know best regarding what I have seen based on your occasional drive-by's Maybe you can get out your crystal ball and let me know what the wait will be before I go next time.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    You're a lucky motherfucker; go get some lottery tickets.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    MBM is always lined up out the door each time I drive by around 9-10pm. It was lined up out the door in winter too (WTF) lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL now i know you're really out to lunch. Ill do the loser lap on 17 when its nice and warm and that place has always been lined up way out the door.

    you have a harley?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is easy to spot
    Posts
    1,717
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Made by Marcus has a perpetual 50 person lineup going down the block every time I cruise by. Needless to say I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I can't imagine it's worth the wait, unless it's also unbelievably cheap.
    They sell pints at Bridgeland Market

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a 10 second point of reference? Give me a break. It is not busy 100% of the time every single day when it's nice out - if you actually believe that, I don't even know what to tell you.
    Did i say they were busy 100% of the time every single day? i specifically quoted the part where you said the warm evenings lol And do you really need more than a couple seconds to notice a line out the door lol



    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Made by Marcus has a perpetual 50 person lineup going down the block every time I cruise by.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MBM is always lined up out the door each time I drive by around 9-10pm. It was lined up out the door in winter too (WTF) lol
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're a lucky motherfucker; go get some lottery tickets.
    Maybe were the unlucky 4 and just have shit luck lol







    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you have a harley?
    I kinda almost did, Harley almost bought Ducati lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or is it?
    We've done that actual test with the breyers and it really doesnt melt even after 2 days. the stuff on the bowl melted a bit but the top of the scoop looked the same as the pic after 2 days sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,518
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe were the unlucky 4 and just have shit luck lol
    Or, what if, within these incredibly small sample sizes with visits spanning multiple months, sometimes it's busy, sometimes it isn't? What if their busy periods go in waves throughout the day or evening like every other shop? Like I said, it's possible you could have been seeing the people gathered out front eating, and not the actual line if you just glanced over for a couple seconds driving by - there is very limited room inside to eat and people go stand right outside the door and eat their ice cream. Or maybe I should just tell you what you saw instead, because that's a reasonable and sane thing to do Maybe I've been lucky with the lines, maybe I haven't, who knows - I'm not about to tell other people what they experienced. Give it a rest man, your desperate attempts at trolling are getting more obvious and cringe-worthy. When I've been there so far this year, it wasn't super busy, when a few others have, sounds like they encountered more of a line - how is that so difficult to comprehend? Maybe next time I go there I will be in a massive line, maybe I wont. Maybe everyone in this thread (gasp) wasn't there at the exact same times? Your argument is literally that you drove by, saw how busy it was at a very specific point in time, and therefore it had to have been busy when someone else went even at a different time, otherwise it's BS. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds? I will take a pic of the line (or lack of) next time I am there so you can tell me again what I did and did not see

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,367
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Yo, you two should just go grab a cone together and hug it out. No one wants to read this shit.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or, what if, within these incredibly small sample sizes with visits spanning multiple months, sometimes it's busy, sometimes it isn't? What if their busy periods go in waves throughout the day or evening like every other shop? Like I said, it's possible you could have been seeing the people gathered out front eating, and not the actual line if you just glanced over for a couple seconds driving by - there is very limited room inside to eat and people go stand right outside the door and eat their ice cream. Or maybe I should just tell you what you saw instead, because that's a reasonable and sane thing to do Maybe I've been lucky with the lines, maybe I haven't, who knows - I'm not about to tell other people what they experienced. Give it a rest man, your desperate attempts at trolling are getting more obvious and cringe-worthy. When I've been there so far this year, it wasn't super busy, when a few others have, sounds like they encountered more of a line - how is that so difficult to comprehend? Maybe next time I go there I will be in a massive line, maybe I wont. Maybe everyone in this thread (gasp) wasn't there at the exact same times? Your argument is literally that you drove by, saw how busy it was at a very specific point in time, and therefore it had to have been busy when someone else went even at a different time, otherwise it's BS. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds? I will take a pic of the line (or lack of) next time I am there so you can tell me again what I did and did not see
    Whar paragraphs?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,091
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The secret of going to MBM without line up? Go when school is in.

    School's out? Line up.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-06-2018 at 04:36 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give it a rest man, your desperate attempts at trolling are getting more obvious and cringe-worthy
    Its still working on you for some reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,713
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo, you two should just go grab a cone together and hug it out. No one wants to read this shit.
    Or we see a fight and bet ice cream on who wins

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Went to MBM tonight around 9. Line up to the stop sign.
    Web developer - Hot wing eater - Beer drinker - YYC Deals addict.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,784
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went to MBM tonight around 9. Line up to the stop sign.
    Are you sure you were in the right line and not lined up with people standing outside eating ice cream?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,713
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure you were in the right line and not lined up with people standing outside eating ice cream?
    bwhahhahahaa

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Im glad im not the only one who thinks mitsus crazy for even suggesting that lol Theres no mistaking a tightly packed uniform line of people holding nothing for people enjoying their ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Costco gas lineups

    By Manhattan in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 60
    Latest Threads: 01-25-2018, 04:45 PM
  2. Marcus Grönholm (up in the asshole of Timo)

    By Hakkola in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
  3. Gone in 92 Seconds: Neiman-Marcus BMW M6

    By treg50 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 11-07-2006, 09:51 AM
  4. Marcus is the GREATEST MAN OF ALL TIME

    By Hakkola in forum Misc. Gallery
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 04-08-2004, 12:29 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 10-27-2003, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •