Quantcast
Calgary International Auto Car and Truck Show 2019 - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Calgary International Auto Car and Truck Show 2019

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Floor plan show as many brands as last year. Just BMW/MB space is now dedicated to "Electric Hybrid Display"

And given how Calgary isn't generating 1%ers like before, not sure if the supercar group like Pfaff will keep coming to Calgary.

Yeah I liked the no pressure shopping too. But if price keep going up and brands keeps leaving, auto show could be a thing of the past.
    Pfaff just opened a showroom over off Blackfoot Trail SE. So I don't think there is a risk of them not showing up.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    Oddly enough aside from obviously looking at higher end vehicles and the things that I may buy, I also really enjoy sitting in the cheapest vehicles there. I like it because later when I hear someone brag about their totally awesome new Mitsubishi Lancer, I will know how low their standards are.
    What I meant was within its class. I personally think the Lancer is one of the worst vehicles in its class. So I am just saying if someone has ~$20K to spend and they went with the Lancer over a Civic or Mazda 3 (or many other better choices) and then brags about it then I think they have low standards. I used the Lancer as an example because I worked with someone that had just bought one and talked about how it was the best car ever (in its class) and I had one as a rental and it was about the worst ever (in its class) so based on that I thought he had horrible taste and/or standards and would never take his advice on anything going forward. lol

Anyway, it wasn't meant as a dig at someone that only has ~$20K to spend on a car. I mean that is more than most people spend on their used "luxury" cars. But I love how so many people just assume the worst and resort to insults. lol

(hopefully I used enough smiley faces so everyone realizes it is a lighthearted post like the first one was meant...)
    Yeah my bad, we absolutely should've known you meant everything in your last post even though you left it all out. I guess i didnt leave enough smileys either in my post but i wasnt calling you pathetic personally. I was actually trying to say i think its pretty pathetic that there are so many bad drivers out there and the cops should really go after them because its just too dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

But also curious though, what is wrong with someone who is proud of affording a new Lancer have anything to do with their standards? What if they just enjoy how the car looks inside and out?

Do I have low standards if I enjoy McDonald's every now and then? Do I have to be a self-proclaimed "foodie" to have "high standards"?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Yeah my bad, we absolutely should've known you meant everything in your last post even though you left it all out. I guess i didnt leave enough smileys either in my post but i wasnt calling you pathetic personally. I was actually trying to say i think its pretty pathetic that there are so many bad drivers out there and the cops should really go after them because its just too dangerous.
    Okay then... I will be sure to write detailed essays on all future posts. Are you this much fun in real life too?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Can we get back to how sweet it is that Genesis is going to be there with a new G90? lol. Sooooo top drawer!!!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Are you this much fun in real life too?
    Says the guy who thinks people have low standards if they think their "own" car is awesome but you don't agree. Would it be fair to say you have low standards since a lot of people think hyundais are pos? Im not that person though, i personally think its a nice car but definitely not the best in its class

You win though so lets just drop it
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    95B

Wow, that blew up and wasn't taken at all how I meant it. lol

What I meant was within its class. I personally think the Lancer is one of the worst vehicles in its class. So I am just saying if someone has ~$20K to spend and they went with the Lancer over a Civic or Mazda 3 (or many other better choices) and then brags about it then I think they have low standards. I used the Lancer as an example because I worked with someone that had just bought one and talked about how it was the best car ever (in its class) and I had one as a rental and it was about the worst ever (in its class) so based on that I thought he had horrible taste and/or standards and would never take his advice on anything going forward. lol

Anyway, it wasn't meant as a dig at someone that only has ~$20K to spend on a car. I mean that is more than most people spend on their used "luxury" cars. But I love how so many people just assume the worst and resort to insults. lol

(hopefully I used enough smiley faces so everyone realizes it is a lighthearted post like the first one was meant...)
    Lol. You keep on saying how their standards are low because you don't agree with their choice.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:40 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Isn't the Lancer objectively one of the worst cars in its class?

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Isn't the Lancer objectively one of the worst cars in its class?
    That has always been my impression. I don't believe you can even buy it anymore in Canada. They always let it go so long between updates, and Mitsubishi isn't exactly known for their quality. If it's someone's favorite car for some reason though, all the power to them as they will be able to get one for very cheap haha. I remember when you could still buy the very boxy style of Lancer, all the competition looked like it was from the future in comparison.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I always look forward to the next one; I live vicariously through your car cycling hobby! haha

My first car was a 300$ 20 year old BMW covered in first sized rust holes that had a 1 summer tire, a snow tire, and 2 all seasons... I had to replace the seats with some out of a Chrysler because they actually had no middles, just springs and a hole. The engine oil had been changed with something for a diesel truck. A Civic Si would have been amazing... I would have told everybody how awesome it was, haha

These days I turn my nose up at entry level BMW's and Mercs'... freaking plebs, haha
    Hehe. Good. At least someone gets enjoyment out of those. lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4